What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time to fight AFL (60 Minutes)

Knightmare

Coach
"The scores are nil all. It's like watching a game of soccer!"- fine by me, I'd rather watch a game of soccer over a game of Aussie Rules anyday.

As for Mark Geyer's opinion- remember this is the guy who in RLW last year stated that "the Broncos are the best thing to happen to Rugby League in the past 20 years". :crazy:

Brutus

Referee
Hardly surprising.

It was a gutter story and just another example of the AFL propaganda machine in full swing.

I just cannot imagine 7 or 10 dissing their sport, AFL, in this manner. Nein are pathetic.

jc155776

Coach
Even without the Rugby League AFL "War" story" the quality has indeed dropped to a current affair level.

It use to be a very good program.

The best two people on the show both died.

adamkungl

Immortal
Bleh. AFL. On an ad for some Nein program, I forget what it was, it might have been ACA or 60M, there was a clip of Barry Hall giving a sick child a signed Swans jersey. How the **** do they keep slipping in **** like this, and why is it that the only way anyone sees an NRL player doing something good is on our Footy Show, in between **** segments and Chief's ****-talking.

Dr J.

Juniors
One of the richest? with a $2m profit?

Bribane regularly make $25m+ & GC are estimating $22m this year, Essenden's really rich...

Accounting 101.

Big difference between Revenue & Profit.

Profit is the stuff left after you've paid all the bills.

Broncos $1.6m after tax profit last year.

http://www.broncos.com.au/userfiles/file/2007 Full Year Accounts ASX Announcement.pdf

No doubt League has some financially successful clubs, just not as many as AFL, and AFL's ability to sell its TV rights for a **** load will ensure that it is able to support its cash strapped clubs. Unlike League which hasn't been as succesful in selling its product. Thats the admin of Leagues fault not the AFL's

60 minutes countdown to extinction has begun

she was instrumental in getting 2 micky mouse international afl teams to play against each other some time this year or next.

Her husbane is from overseas from when she visited overseas (middle east perhaps) and he was "watching" tv one night when afl came on and was apparently "instantly" hooked.

It was his idea, she took it on, and went to the afl with it, and they ran with it. She has invested much time and effort into this endeavor.

So as you can see, she is no "normal" impartial mum who just happens to want her kids to play afl instead of league now....she is an afl warrior

This virtually discredits 9's entire story and highlights their underlying agenda.

Now this is out, expect some HEAVY hitting letters and flak sent to 60 minutes, so mailbag will be interesting this week for two reasons: 1...if some of said letters make it to air and 2. the crap 60 minutes might spin instead.

We know that 60 minutes pays for its stories. I am not so sure they always did, but it seems the practice has been happening for about 10 years now.

Now we know 60 minutes can be bought themselves.

It was not an impartial report. This changes 60 minutes for me forever.

They have got it all wrong now. All their stories have taken a turn for the worse, driving at some catastrophe or impending doom or sensationalism, instead of real-world reporting.

I fully expect 60 minutes to lose further its grip on sunday ratings.

This is because this "sports" story is a huge commonality to australians, and those who follow rl will undoubtedly be put offside - first by the story, and second by the fallout in such stories as this supposed AFL mum.

60 minutes = credibility gone. Watch them recede into a second rate show further and lose ratings and begin the downward spiral.

And I have a feeling eddie mcguire had something to do with this.

And I bet they had to run the story by andrew demetriou before it went to air.

Doesnt matter how high you rise, you are still human, making human mistakes...eddie or someone is going to pay dearly for this, in the 60 minutes tattered legacy or some similar dismembered form.

ah so the mother was the one setting up the game of palestians vs israelies.

they know RL rates on their network so take that approach to get the viewers in.

El Diablo

Post Whore
so looks like 9 want to do it again http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...y-and-the-beasts/story-e6freye0-1226274191447

THE ding-dong battle for hearts, minds and wallets in the Golden West will be one of the main storylines of this season and beyond. So much so that we've heard the producers from 60 Minutes are sniffing around a potential story on the whole issue.

The AFL and Greater Western Sydney want the story to happen. Not so sure if rugby league wants the battle illuminated, especially by the self-proclaimed paragon of investigative journalism.

f**k 9 and f**k 60 minutes

their last propagand piece was just an AFL promo

POPEYE

Coach
Naivity is what the yanks rely on to make a second rate country compatible with the rest of the world. A philosophy not lost on Eddie Mcguire
when it comes to putting sanity before his beloved

docbrown

Coach
Channel 9 love promoting programmes on Channel 7...

I'm surprised they don't just bite the bullet and run their actual network promos.

Sgt. Kabukiman

Juniors
I'm sick of the midgets and the VFL being portrayed as a threat to rugby league in Sydney's west. You'd be hard pressed to find a short-bus full of nongs out there who actually give a shit, but with the Telegraph's endless (paid) promotion of the turd burglars and endless (paid) stories about them on the tellybox, the media is presenting a drastically different story. f**k the lot of them as far as I'm concerned, they're playing us for fools, but nobody's stupid enough to follow Izzy Flu and his merry band of f**ktards.

Sixgill

Juniors
I'm sick of the midgets and the VFL being portrayed as a threat to rugby league in Sydney's west. You'd be hard pressed to find a short-bus full of nongs out there who actually give a shit, but with the Telegraph's endless (paid) promotion of the turd burglars and endless (paid) stories about them on the tellybox, the media is presenting a drastically different story. f**k the lot of them as far as I'm concerned, they're playing us for fools, but nobody's stupid enough to follow Izzy Flu and his merry band of f**ktards.

Eloquence...can't imagine why anyone would play you for a fool!

btw, just cause you and your mates don't enjoy something, doesn't mean the rest of society agrees. I think GWS will have a fair bit of support this year and best of luck to them. Personally I think Sydney is big enough for them to coexist with the Swans and the league, I don't really see a 'battle'.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade

btw, just cause you and your mates don't enjoy something, doesn't mean the rest of society agrees. I think GWS will have a fair bit of support this year and best of luck to them. Personally I think Sydney is big enough for them to coexist with the Swans and the league, I don't really see a 'battle'.

Hahaha
Back to BF champ...

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach

You're right. It won't be a battle at all. They'll always be a side show.

We've got leadership now who won't buy into the hype. League will thrive in the West from here. The AFL will throw money at GWS for decades, just like the ARLC will do with Melbourne.

None of it will change a thing. Be nice if the media were above doing paid puff pieces to tell it as such.

f**k the AFL. The only people who are sucked in by the hype are AFL people. My Dad is a Mexican and an AFL supporter. They think like they are the church and everyone needs to see the light. They honestly have no clue of the cultures of Sydney and Brisbane. Thats why its laughable and infuriating at the same time to see the cash for comment stories that cater to the lowest common denominator and look for nothing more than to create panic.

Bring it on AFL. We finally have professional administration. We've survived Super League, constant media propaganda and now, in spite of the farcical structure of the games management, the code is thriving, almost in spite of itself.

Imagine what we're gonna do with grown ups in charge.

Again. f**k the AFL. I give them their dues as leaders in sports admin in this country. But after 25 years head start in admin structure, a civil war in RL and constant bad publicity, they still can't make an inroad, let alone kill us off.

RL will never expand to dominate in AFL States and it won't dream to. It will consolidate the homeland and be comfortable in its own skin. We don't need backwaters like Perth and Adelaide - which combined, do not even have the population of Western Sydney. We'll go there and create a niche and we will kick the AFL's arse on ratings. We will continue to have REPRESENTATIVE program and an INTERNATIONAL presence.

I'll be happy of the games the best it can be. The rest will take care of itself. The Victorians can continue to sip chardonnay and sing their gay songs and throw money into a bottomless pit.

Bring it on you merkins!

docbrown

Coach

AFL is holding this country back from true sporting greatness.

The sooner it is eradicated, the better.

Sgt. Kabukiman

Juniors

The midgets will have as many supporters as you've had heterosexual blowies in your life... none. How's Bendigo going, you bum bandit?

THE CHAMP

First Grade
AFL is a finesse (did i spell that right) sport. Its also extremely cornball. Victorians seem to go for that type of shit. The only reason the lions here in Brisbane get a crowd is due to all the expat Victorians up here. I have never been to a game and never will. It wont be long until there are more people cheering for the opposition than the f**king lions. Shit it probably already happens ill just never be there to find out.

Latest posts