What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time to make a stand

Bandwagon

Staff member
How’s that fence feel???

I'm not on the fence.

My opinion is that if we were to replace BA, whomever he is replaced by should leave the club improved when their contract is up. I reckon Bennett is basically a Mercenary, and whilst he can certainly coach, my concern is that he'll f**k us long term chasing a short term premiership we never get.

Cue dumb merkins making dumb arguments out of the above because they don't read too good.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I think he would improve us but possibly not enough to justify the extra cost. That money might be better spent on pathways for example.

Possibly.

But I think the main area of concern is that we are approaching 4 decades without a Premiership, and the question might need to centre around how much more time to give it, until the fans legitimately have enough, and leave.

I say "legitimately", because even though I'm fed up of this club, I still watch every game, go on these forums every day, and keep an eye out for Eels-related news.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I'm not on the fence.

My opinion is that if we were to replace BA, whomever he is replaced by should leave the club improved when their contract is up. I reckon Bennett is basically a Mercenary, and whilst he can certainly coach, my concern is that he'll f**k us long term chasing a short term premiership we never get.

Cue dumb merkins making dumb arguments out of the above because they don't read too good.
So who’s the guy then??? You must know who the guy is if you are so sure Bennett is not that guy?? Otherwise why bother??

Or just stay on that fence!!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Possibly.

But I think the main area of concern is that we are approaching 4 decades without a Premiership, and the question might need to centre around how much more time to give it, until the fans legitimately have enough, and leave.

I say "legitimately", because even though I'm fed up of this club, I still watch every game, go on these forums every day, and keep an eye out for Eels-related news.
Apathy is starting to get in, and once that happens you are in trouble

King-Gutho94

Coach
Possibly.

Being a die-hard supporter of a sporting team is an addiction.

No matter how much you say i want to give up you will always come back wanting more win or lose. You just cant avoid watching them no matter how bad or miserable it may be.

I have turned games off previously once i realised it was downright embarrassing Magic Round in 2019 springs to mind & another game i think Manly where we had the cleaners put through us quite on that famous Sunday arvo in the 40 degree heat very early on it was obvious the pain wasn't worth watching the full 80.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Apathy is starting to get in, and once that happens you are in trouble

I, for one, just don't have the passion for this club as I once did.

Being a parent to two young children is probably a factor - but I'd suggest the deciding factor is me caring more about the club, than the club itself.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Being a die-hard supporter of a sporting team is an addiction.

No matter how much you say i want to give up you will always come back wanting more win or lose. You just cant avoid watching them no matter how bad or miserable it may be.

I have turned games off previously once i realised it was downright embarrassing Magic Round in 2019 springs to mind & another game i think Manly where we had the cleaners put through us quite on that famous Sunday arvo in the 40 degree heat very early on it was obvious the pain wasn't worth watching the full 80.

Yep!

I hate the hold this club has over me.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I don't know, I don't need to know who the right choice is to have an opinion on any given choice.
Blue Mountains Sunset GIF by Sam Amidon

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Possibly.

Nobody’s leaving that won’t be replaced. Parra’s premiership drought is one of the most compelling stories in Australian sport. Most merkins love an underdog.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
another game i think Manly where we had the cleaners put through us quite on that famous Sunday arvo in the 40 degree heat very early on it was obvious the pain wasn't worth watching the full 80.
I got home late from buying a bunch of crap at the baby store that day. It was only about ten minutes but we were already 18-0 down. I thought it was f**king bullshit and I think I said as much to my baby.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I don't know, I don't need to know who the right choice is to have an opinion on any given choice.
Exactly. The ‘right choice’ depends on a bunch of info that we aren’t privy to. But I don’t think the Bennett ship has sailed and if the club signs him that’s good enough for me.

Latest posts