What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tina Turner

Do you want Tina Turner back?

• Yes...

Votes: 70 68.0%
  • No...

Votes: 33 32.0%

• Total voters
TINA RETURNER

THE NRL wants to bring back the great Tina Turner commercials.

Next season is 30 years since the 79-year-old rock ’n’ roll legend produced arguably the greatest sporting advertisement in Australia — Simply The Best.

“We’ve got to think of something cool around Tina to mark the anniversary,” said the NRL’s commercial boss Andrew Abdo. “People still love her and the commercial. A great song and great visuals.

“We will certainly be honouring her in some capacity. She doesn’t travel much these days so it would be hard to bring her out here but we’ll be looking at something special.

“We sure haven’t forgotten her contribution to the game.”

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...K08DECnKU-1KhHZTtN2aIUjPSIih_1Mykue_l_q6wOr7U

horrie hastings

First Grade

The first one What You See Is What You Get wasn't a bad one but the constant bombardment of it meant you got sick of it very quickly
Couldn't stand the 2nd one.

There was an intro did for I think Friday night footy featuring David Trewhella and was done to Friday On My Mind, think it may have been 1988, I have it on tape but the tape has come off the spool so I have no way of getting it copied until I put the tape back on the spool, cannot find it anywhere on you tube but I reckon it was one of the better Rugby League promos.

Last edited:

Xcalibre

Juniors
Ok, so I was curious... the NRL FNF 90s ad was indeed copied (not modeled) from the FNF (not MNF like I recalled) ad from the Last Boy Scout. Same words and style.

And why not copy it? It reall gets the anticipation going for some footy watching.

Last Week

Bench
Oh come on. Let's do something Aussie. Keep the real fans happy. Something like Cold Chisel, Billy Idol or get Acca Dacca in to do a show.

Latest posts