What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tina Turner

Do you want Tina Turner back?

• Yes...

Votes: 70 68.0%
  • No...

Votes: 33 32.0%

• Total voters

T.S Quint

Coach
I’m not s fan of the AFL but their “I’d like to see that” ad campaign was probably the best of any sporting code in Australia, way better than Tina Turner (who’s ad campaigns I did like).

I guess I’m now supposed to wait for the vitriol from El Diablo and the like for saying something positive about AFL?

AJB1102

First Grade
I don't see this as "bringing back Tina" cause it worked 30 years ago and we got no new ideas.

I see it as an anniversary nod to a great time in our game and probably the most iconic RL marketing campaign. I was in Woolies a couple weeks ago and Simply The Best came on as I was shopping, couldn't help but tap my fingers on the trolly and mumble the lyrics to myself feeling keen for footy (and a winnie red).

Chook Norris

First Grade
The thread comments, the polling results and facebook opinions is enough evidence of how divided this sport is.

For the record, I agree with the below. This is likely to be an acknowledgement of the past with a modern twist.

I don't see this as "bringing back Tina" cause it worked 30 years ago and we got no new ideas.

I see it as an anniversary nod to a great time in our game and probably the most iconic RL marketing campaign. I was in Woolies a couple weeks ago and Simply The Best came on as I was shopping, couldn't help but tap my fingers on the trolly and mumble the lyrics to myself feeling keen for footy (and a winnie red).