What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tina Turner

Do you want Tina Turner back?

• Yes...

Votes: 70 68.0%
  • No...

Votes: 33 32.0%

• Total voters

PARRA_FAN

Coach
RIP Tina Turner. When I started following League in the late 80s and early 90s the Simply the Best song was so popular. They were great times back then, you used to hear it nearly every day, at the ground. I often get goosebumps just hearing the song. Easily the best RL ad ever. I still remember when she was on the Harbour Bridge singing that song and the pre game show in 1993. Great memories. Also have memories when she was with the Broncos when they won in 1993 I think

That ad was so great for the game, it boosted the popularity of the game

Thank you Tina

Exsilium

First Grade
Easily one of the campaigns and GF entertainment.

Back when we could actually pull a star act.....

Scott

Bench
RIP Tina Turner. When I started following League in the late 80s and early 90s the Simply the Best song was so popular. They were great times back then, you used to hear it nearly every day, at the ground. I often get goosebumps just hearing the song. Easily the best RL ad ever. I still remember when she was on the Harbour Bridge singing that song and the pre game show in 1993. Great memories. Also have memories when she was with the Broncos when they won in 1993 I think

That ad was so great for the game, it boosted the popularity of the game

Thank you Tina
I'd go as far as saying that the Tina Turner campaign is the greatest sports marketing campaign of all time. As an impressionable 11 year old at the time, it got me. It was just the prefect blend of sport & music. Well done to John Quayle. 33 years on and it's still the sport I love. Whenever those 2 songs come on I immediately start smiling (and thinking about the Bears).

RIP to the queen of Rugby League.

horrie hastings

First Grade
What you get is what you see!!!! And there aint nothin left to it... her best song for mine, also the best campain advert, especially since it was a complete edit with her in the UK at the time of shooting... she was meant to have the sexy ET pose with her, instead got the rough head of Gavin Miller and Cliffy Lyons

jc155776

Coach
The bridge promo is just epic. Spine tingling to hear it again at a GF. Memories of a watching footy as a kid just come back instantly.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Geez the admin of our game was good back then! International super star promo, new clubs from all over the country and NZ joining the comp , grassroots numbers through the roof. And all on a fraction of the revenue the game earns now. Be nice to have some management like that again one day!

Who would be the equivalent of Tina doing an NRL promo/GF now? Beyonce, Rihana, maybe?

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Go in Peace, Tina. Thank you for everything you did for the sport of Rugby League.

2760.jpg

Munky

Coach
Geez the admin of our game was good back then! International super star promo, new clubs from all over the country and NZ joining the comp , grassroots numbers through the roof. And all on a fraction of the revenue the game earns now. Be nice to have some management like that again one day!

Who would be the equivalent of Tina doing an NRL promo/GF now? Beyonce, Rihana, maybe?

Mariah Carey is about the same age as Tina was in the early 90s...

Chief_Chujo

First Grade

Even in the death of someone so special to the game you can't help but take a stab at V'landys. SMH mate.