What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tinkler pulls plug

On EVERY story I have read it has been a Knight petition of "no confidence".

Now NEWS could be full of sh*t again so sorry if I am wrong, but even quotes from members seem to be wanting the board goooone.

What i just said is what the CORRECT version is.

Tinkler has an AMAZING PR machine you know. :crazy:

well... much has changed in my absence today. many things said, many things learned.

now onto the petition. for starters - it wasn't to sack the board... or anything of the sort. it was to demand that both proposals get put before the members in an extraordinary meeting - with all parties concerned present (knights admin and tinkler) to have their say. i felt this was a completely reasonable request, and good on him for trying to get the petition done. unfortunately, in between sounding the trumpet for the meeting at the Mark Hotel and the time the meeting took place, the Knights actually announced that such a meeting will be held at EAS (minus Tinkler) next Monday, so it sort of made the whole thing redundant, really. i got to have a few brews and leave work early, so that was cool and fine by me i guess.

so, i don't know what is going to be in the Herald tomorrow, but it wasn't the start of a coup by any definition i could see. it was a request for answers, to be certain, but it was just that and nothing more at this stage.

Does the bolded bit unmuddy the water ???

I don't believe the only unbiased article has come from Rothfield...
Who else hasnt thrown sh*t at us(been unbiased), since this whole saga began.?

All that i,ve seen in the media are painting one group as the ONLY group doing the right thing. Even our local member hasnt stopped driving the knife into one person in particular, because SHE has a personal vendetta( it seems) against our current management

Even tho she says she likes the knights, god help us if she ever develops a hatred.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Somehow Tinkler and his PR machine (aka the Newie Herald) have managed to get the general public (who don't know any better) of Newcastle to believe the Knights' board is evil and shouted down $100million.

Tinkler should have to present his proposal IN FULL to the members to have them scrutinise it. To blame the Knights board for what Tinkler didn't do (and then chucked a hissy fit about) is bizarre.

Somehow Tinkler and his PR machine (aka the Newie Herald) have managed to get the general public (who don't know any better) of Newcastle to believe the Knights' board is evil and shouted down $100million.

Tinkler should have to present his proposal IN FULL to the members to have them scrutinise it. To blame the Knights board for what Tinkler didn't do (and then chucked a hissy fit about) is bizarre.

After the overnight turn of events maybe we will Tim.

Loudstrat

Coach
I wish ppl would get the facts right regarding the bolded bit.

We ARE NOT uniting to overthrow the board, all we are doing is asking the board to give us ALL THE FACTS

Never at any time was this petition demanding the board go.

REPEAT

We ARE NOT uniting to overthrow the board.

From what I can see you are an aimless pawn in a fat rich kids board game. Maybe you lot should issue a press release standing by the board. The last think Newcastle needs is to become a club with no soul, detatched from the working class essence of the Hunter, and to wind up a Bronco-esque franchise serving the wealthy right wing end of town. This is as much about a fat slob rich spoilt brat thinking he can own Newcastle's beating heart. You fought Murdoch and SL for the very same reason.

Politics is at play here. Regardless of who supports what party, a club HAS to exist to reflect community attitudes in the way it conducts its business. Newcastle does this brilliantly. So does Manly from the right wing heartland. The interity of both clubs are built on this. You are about to lose yours.

To me, Tinkler has just proved that he will NEVER act in the best interests of the club if it conflicts with his personal interests. Say what you like about other wealthy owners of clubs past and present - the only family name that was ever this selfish and insensitive was Murdoch.

It sounds like your future is bright. Your juniors have always produced black label talent - Im sure someone could provide a list of Knights juniors in the NRL and make a premiership winning squad (captained by Luke Burt of course ;-)).

Knights members need to issue a statement supporting the board pending the revelation of the details of the offers on the table. All you are at the moment is a rank-and-file movement serving a right wing bully.

You are not acting like true Novocastrians at the moment.

Knights members need to issue a statement supporting the board pending the revelation of the details of the offers on the table. All you are at the moment is a rank-and-file movement serving a right wing bully.

You are not acting like true Novocastrians at the moment.

Didn,t I say that we were asking for clarification from the board ???

Loudstrat

Coach
How about you ask clarification from Tinkler? He is the one who is clouding the water.

You (collectively) need to grow balls and a voice. Now. Once this bloke takes over you won't have a say in anything unless you do.

How about you ask clarification from Tinkler? He is the one who is clouding the water.

You (collectively) need to grow balls and a voice. Now. Once this bloke takes over you won't have a say in anything unless you do.

He, (apparently) has revised, his revised revised revised offer, and put it to the board who One hopes will allow us to decide if they (the board) think that this revised, revised, revised, revised offer is satisfactory...lol

Loudstrat

Coach
If your fat hero didn't balls it all up in the first place he wouldn't have had to make all of those revisions.

Are you happy to sell your proud club to a fat spoilt brat for free????

How about you lot hook into the fat f*ck and let him know how valuable the Knights really are, rather than bend over for him while he rogers you with a battered sav in two hands!

If your fat hero didn't balls it all up in the first place he wouldn't have had to make all of those revisions.

Are you happy to sell your proud club to a fat spoilt brat for free????

How about you lot hook into the fat f*ck and let him know how valuable the Knights really are, rather than bend over for him while he rogers you with a battered sav in two hands!

FREE............. didnt all the media propaganda say we were crazeeeeeeee for NOT SELLING IT FOR $100,000,000 ...........????????????

Patorick

Staff member
My take on all this, for what it's worth: The main thing in Tinkler's favor is the history of financial troubles the club has had. There are no guarantees if Newcastle has a terrible year (hypothetically) on and off the field, that they won't rack up more debt this year. And if they do Tinkler will be the new Jack Newton: I would have done this, they should have done that. Why can't they all just work together for the good of the club and the town? Hopefully they can work together productively and there is a positive outcome to all of this. (Says the Manly fan who still hates all you Knights for 1997).

Loudstrat

Coach
FREE............. didnt all the media propaganda say we were crazeeeeeeee for NOT SELLING IT FOR $100,000,000 ...........????????????

That just proves that your movement is on the Tinkler payroll.

The media also stated that Tinkler was only going to GUARANTEE that funding - and they make more money than that anyway.

The point? F*cking Gaba and his dole cheque could afford that! Tinkler was offering NO more money at all.

For you to deny that, when your club's future is at stake, PROVES that you are more concerned with massaging Fat Nate's pork sword than you are with the future of your own club.

Loudstrat

Coach
My take on all this, for what it's worth: The main thing in Tinkler's favor is the history of financial troubles the club has had. There are no guarantees if Newcastle has a terrible year (hypothetically) on and off the field, that they won't rack up more debt this year. And if they do Tinkler will be the new Jack Newton: I would have done this, they should have done that. Why can't they all just work together for the good of the club and the town? Hopefully they can work together productively and there is a positive outcome to all of this. (Says the Manly fan who still hates all you Knights for 1997).

Well said. However, the thing AGAINST Tubby Tinkler is that he tried to spend $ 2 million per season on players without even a glance at the salary cap, tried to recruit a coach without glancing at the contract of the current coach for any conflict of interest, double crossed the current board on his sponsorship after failing to pay for his box, and has employed a PR company to discredit current management.

perverse

Referee
isn't MedievalKnight taking the piss there? i could be wrong... but i just had the scent of a thousand ironies hoofed up my nostrils when i read that.