What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tinkler pulls plug

adamkungl

Immortal
Good on Burraston and Tew, to me it seems quite clear that they have done the right thing by the club.

applesauce

Bench
Triple M : An "unofficial membership meeting" has been organised for Knights members 2night in Lambton. Start of a coup?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
As I've said in another section here on LU, too many everyday people who don't follow the story closely will believe the way the Newie Herald will report on it. They always add a biased spin on the "facts"... they did it to turn the town against the Knights and Burraston in the EAS pitch debacle back in November, I don't see why now would be any different. It leads pitchfork gangs armed with no facts to call stupid meetings and make stupid decisions.

Here's hoping it doesn't impact the club's decision too much.

As I've said in another section here on LU, too many everyday people who don't follow the story closely will believe the way the Newie Herald will report on it. They always add a biased spin on the "facts"... they did it to turn the town against the Knights and Burraston in the EAS pitch debacle back in November, I don't see why now would be any different. It leads pitchfork gangs armed with no facts to call stupid meetings and make stupid decisions.

Here's hoping it doesn't impact the club's decision too much.

Fact is Tinkler wants to buy the Knights for nothing.

His "guarantee" is for $10,000,000 a year for TWO YEARS initially and the Knights have a "guaranteed" $12,000,000 already from season ticketing and sponsorship.

So in fact Tinkler would be $2,000,000 better off per year

Last edited:

Matt23

Staff member
As I've said in another section here on LU, too many everyday people who don't follow the story closely will believe the way the Newie Herald will report on it. They always add a biased spin on the "facts"... they did it to turn the town against the Knights and Burraston in the EAS pitch debacle back in November
Think you'll find that had more to do with the Newie Herald backing Jodi McKay's stance as well, hopefully McKay won't have too much to say, come the end of next month...

SoftSydney

Juniors
He is trying to pull a fast one, why does it have to be today right now for him?
If he had the best interests of the knights he would show patience and work through any hurdles instead of taking his bat and ball and going to Burger King.

fourplay

Juniors
Call me psychic but I can just tell by looking at some people that they are shady. Tinkler has that look about him. He is the last person I'd enter an agreement with on trust. I am relieved he is not in control of the club.

Just because the guy has money doesn't mean you should throw the team at him.

You are starting to read ALL the facts now, not just what Tinkler wants reported then i gather.

Does make quiet a difference doesnt it

Raider_69

Post Whore
indeed it does, tbh i never bothered reading anything in depth about the offer... now that i have, the knights are right to knock him back or at least seek further details on the deal. Tinkler seemed like he threw the toys out of the pram because the knights didnt bend over and empty the ky tube... no great loss in the end i guess...

also if the past week is anything to go by, i dont like the way he was doing business

Slackboy72

Coach
Call me psychic but I can just tell by looking at some people that they are shady. Tinkler has that look about him. He is the last person I'd enter an agreement with on trust. I am relieved he is not in control of the club.

Just because the guy has money doesn't mean you should throw the team at him.

If he loves the club so much why doesn't he just get on board and sponsor them?

supera

Juniors
its all a game... he isnt going to walk away. he'll just orchestrate a member mutiny against the board and come through the side door.

smart politics when you're dealing with such egos i wouldve thought.

bomberman

Juniors
Think about the money here that Tinkler is putting up.. 100 millions dollars..
Its not like a takeover and a 8 mil investment over 5 years.. its 100 Million Dollars.

Why would Tinkler expect resisitence from a club when he is willing to throw that sort of money into it?
If he is unhappy with the negotiation with the club, than maybe the Knights failed in keeping there HUGE investor happy.

Latest posts