What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tino Fa'asuamaleaui

JJ

Immortal
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=12250502

Saw his 27 minutes, looks a real talent...

But to be blunt he'd be foolish prior to establishing himself to leave that system for money, for a system that has shown a complete inability to develop it's own young talent...

Arrow would be a much better target, a I imagine less likely to come - in that he's already a world class forward... this kid looks like he could be anything though

Blair

Coach
Geez we're getting into the future. Players are starting to appear in first grade with 21st Century birth dates!

Although this young fulla, born in 2000, is still technically a 20th Century baby.

Big Marn

Juniors
1.97M tall. bulky or like Shaun Lane? Havent seen many games with Storm playing this year.

Iafeta

Referee
2020 is a better year to be aiming for. 2019 there’s not much quality in terms of off contract players.

This lad looks good. Arrow is a gun. Iirc Dylan Browns contract is up then too. Coincides with Blair and Green being off contract though I do hear Blair has an additional player option he can use.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
2020 is a better year to be aiming for. 2019 there’s not much quality in terms of off contract players.

This lad looks good. Arrow is a gun. Iirc Dylan Browns contract is up then too. Coincides with Blair and Green being off contract though I do hear Blair has an additional player option he can use.

Blair has a player option for an extra 2 years - that's until the end of 2022. Yup....Let that sink in.

I think we're trying to pull a swifty with our recruitment.

Sign guys who are off contract in 2020 after nov 1 and try get them released for 2019.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade

Surely we can create a job for Blair for that final year?

Worked for the bunnies...

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
And hope someone tries to buy Blair and Tevaga

Tevaga has re-signed til the end of 2021 so you can put that one to bed. I haven’t given up hope on him, if he cuts down his error/penalty rate we’ve pretty much got a Mannering replacement in terms of output, and I think he’s capable of that. Just needs to learn to dial it back to 110% instead of 120.

Rich102

Staff member
I was aware of the resigning.
It appears SK is aiming for average.
I have no problem with his workrate and energy, in fact it is a disadvantage. The more he gets involved in attack the worse we get.
Sorry, he is just so dull to watch.
Call for ball, run into first defender. Die with ball - no matter the tackle count.
Add in drop balls, bad passes and penalties and I see no benefits from this signing.
Plus he got an upgraded contract.
Crazy.

VillaTheGorilla

Juniors
I was aware of the resigning.
It appears SK is aiming for average.
I have no problem with his workrate and energy, in fact it is a disadvantage. The more he gets involved in attack the worse we get.
Sorry, he is just so dull to watch.
Call for ball, run into first defender. Die with ball - no matter the tackle count.
Add in drop balls, bad passes and penalties and I see no benefits from this signing.
Plus he got an upgraded contract.
Crazy.

Mate I'm not a huge fan of Tevaga but I think you're being a bit harsh.
Imo he's one of the only ones who doesn't seem to die with the ball and is still trying to push forward or get a cheeky offload away.
Also, he's had 6 errors in his last 11 games and 6 penalties in his last 12....

He's got a lot of heart and offers a unique skill set, I think if we use him right- 30/40min off the bench and never in dummy half, I think he's more than decent for us

Rich102

Staff member
Mate I'm not a huge fan of Tevaga but I think you're being a bit harsh.
Imo he's one of the only ones who doesn't seem to die with the ball and is still trying to push forward or get a cheeky offload away.
Also, he's had 6 errors in his last 11 games and 6 penalties in his last 12....

He's got a lot of heart and offers a unique skill set, I think if we use him right- 30/40min off the bench and never in dummy half, I think he's more than decent for us

But we are starting him and upgrading his contract. You don't upgrade a contract for an off-the bench player who can't play the position he was picked for.
Why not tell him to test the market?

VillaTheGorilla

Juniors
But we are starting him and upgrading his contract. You don't upgrade a contract for an off-the bench player who can't play the position he was picked for.
Why not tell him to test the market?
And that's what I mean...i used to think everyone was pretty rough with Kearney saying he can't coach etc, but really, some of the things he does is crazy.

Play Tevaga right, and he's an asset to this team. Have him starting and playing 80? I don't think he's built for that. And he probably did deserve an upgrade, he would have been on peanuts previously, he was interchange forward of the year last year and has been decent since...

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Re Tevaga, he’s good for consistently near 150m and 50 tackles a game, plus a couple of offloads and the odd try. If he dials it back a bit to reduce the errors/penalties you’re left with an excellent high workrate forward. Sure he’s not gonna be a standout marquee guy but he’s the kind of player who could slot into most teams and be useful. He’d absolutely kill it at the Storm or at a side like Brisbane with a bunch of big high impact guys.