What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Titans game

Dorsai

Juniors
This about sums it up...

scrum_zpspvnehcxz.gif

Saw that scrum and couldn't stop laughing. I could imagine hearing Rein going "I think I am here, no here, no over here. Ok, this will do". So funny.

ruthless dragon

Juniors
Ok, in response;

Firstly, Jersey wear and tear is a valid point. Having, or being made to have, an alternate strip will create wear and tear on those jerseys as well. Money is spent to ensure we do not run out of the red V and again money spent to ensure we do not run out of the alternate strip. Whilst the wear and tear will not be equal because we do not have to wear that alternate rubbish all the time funds will be expended which I assume, rightly or wrongly would exceed catering to one strip only.

Secondly. Money earner full stop. I do believe however the vast majority of supporters have the Red V, it would be interesting if they actually went and bought the alternate. I wouldn't, but that's my choice. If our financially struggling club is getting by on a small number of alternate jerseys to survive, then I am sorry, we are screwed. I would think they would get more revenue from having the novelty or commemorative jersey. I have the recent commemorative one and tried desperately to get the nines jersey, because they incorporated predominately the Red V (not in the nines but it had the big Dragon which was well designed), kept our heritage and identity and were easily recognisable as Dragons jerseys. The red jumper has no soul or appeal. Have a look at the sales of these commemorative, heritage and novelty jerseys. They are well sold.

Thirdly, Does it affect performance? That is the $20 dollar question. Stats, if someone has them, would probably say no. But as a supporter I want to see my team go round in their traditional and known jersey. I may be a bit old fashioned but I respect the Red V and the past it represents. The alternate strip holds and does nothing for me and my interest in the games they play in them, to be honest, I think is a little less intense. Do I think it affects performance? I think it does.I have no quantitative data for that opinion other than gut.

Lastly, (I know you stopped there), my point on the jersey is that it is something we could really have done without. Its about money not footy. Its about those in high places gouging the already suffering footy fan for more dollars. Its about Americanising the game. Its not something we really need. I know its a forced thing but really, its shite. I am sure others do not like it either.

This was a throw away comment originally because I do not agree with the alternate strip.

Now we are getting down to it and Willow please set up the thread, I don't know what will come of it.
We are not a Mediocre club.

As to the liverpool jersey its not who the Dragons are and I have cringed and felt that we are up against it when they run out in the bloody thing.
Find a statistician and for sure they have lost more games than won wearing it.
In fact I will state that in only 1 Grand Final in 15 years this club is a mass of confusion and it annoys the hell out of me.

Latest posts