What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TNA = Dead

I have been TNA's staunchest defender, did anyone else have the misfortune of watching last nights eposide, I switched off after 20 mins.

Seriously they are f**ked what was the go with it, it was like some bad student film or youtube video, it was the most pathetic thing I've seen in years with the possible exception of the infamous katie vick storyline.

RIP TNA.

mikkolos

Juniors
that wasnt tna impact. there was no impact episode this week,

what we saw was tna reaction, which is a precurser to impact each week in the us.
i quite enjoyed it.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh okay thats acceptable then lol.

So I am missing out on 2 TNA shows then, Explosion and Reaction, ah well once Fox finally gets all the digital channels atleast I'll get Explosion because Reaction didnt appeal to me at all.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
When is Explosion on? Reaction is on Fuel TV on Thursdays.

I was a little confused when I turned on Impact as well but caught on quickly. I knew it had been taken off air for one week in the States due to the opening of the NFL season, but wasn't sure what they'd be airing in its place.

DB

First Grade
NoDQ.com > TNA > THIS is why Impact wasn't on last night
Posted by Corbin Nordhoff on 09/10/2010 at 01:52 PM

Credit: F4WOnline.com

Last night's NFL season opener featuring Minnesota Vikings vs. New Orleans Saints did a 17.7 rating and 28 share on the overnights.

If this number holds up, it will be the highest rated opening game of the season in NFL history.

When is Explosion on? Reaction is on Fuel TV on Thursdays.

I was a little confused when I turned on Impact as well but caught on quickly. I knew it had been taken off air for one week in the States due to the opening of the NFL season, but wasn't sure what they'd be airing in its place.

Your a f'n legend man! What time :)

Big Pete

Referee
I only saw the first episode, but Reaction seemed like a decent concept. Rough around the edges, sure, but with the right trimming it could be brilliant.

As for the state of TNA, well...flogging dead horses isn't my thing.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I just...I...I...You...It...I....I don't get it.

How can a company that can boast such talents as AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, MCMG, Desmond Wolfe, Kurt Angle, Sting, Eric Young, Matt Morgan, Homicide, Hernandez, The Pope, Jay Lethal, Douglas Williams and someof the Knockouts...how can the company be so sh*t? I DON'T GET IT!!!!!!!

:crazy:

Just piss poor booking at the moment and pretty much since Hogan arrived!

Simple as that.

Fortune has huge potential but will be sad to see how they f**k it up.

Big Pete

Referee
:lol: The way people talk about Hogan reminds me of how people talk about Russo and WCW. Sure, Russo took s**t to another level, but WCW had been in the s**tter for some time before he joined.

DB

First Grade
More Various News: Heyman's TNA Plan, Miz Article, Angle Interview
Posted by Jeremy Thomas on 10.08.2010

The Friday news keeps coming...

- Paul Heyman has an interview up at MMAFighting.com, which you can read here. In it, he talks about how close he came to working with TNA:

"It came real close with TNA. To me, it was more of a deal with Spike TV and then a stock and ownership deal involving TNA. I had a five-year plan. I was going to spend 18 months building the roster, the next 18 months exploiting that built roster, that's three years in, go public in three, stay for two more running it and get out at 50 [years old]. That was my plan. I had an exit plan. I had a five-year plan and I clued everyone into it. I told TNA what my plan was and I told Spike TV what my plan was and how we would capitalize on it and how we would make this thing move and an acknowledgment that wrestling is a diminishing market and it's not perceived as cool and here's how you, if not change course, at least present it differently so that at least you have a chance in today's marketplace to at least compete.

"When that didn't happen, that was it. I didn't have any other interest in doing it. It was close. I would have done it for that particular deal and that's it. That time passed. Now I'm looking at taking my abilities elsewhere and the logical step for me is this entry point right now both into MMA and into also just the branding world."

Thats just sums up the problem with TNA for me..... They want it all now, not wait a few years while they build the product.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
TNA are f**ked. After last night I've had enough.

Thought I'd watch the go home show to BFG and the show was completely average from start to finish (aside from an entertaining, if not 15-20 years too late Foley V Flair match, and of course seeing the BP shake their arses.), but nothing was as bad as the main event.

A battle royal gauntlet match where they had almost 20 people in the ring without anyone getting eliminated. Abyss then comes out and eliminates 7-8 people (which fair enough did a nice job of making him look monstrous.) but then with 8 people still in the ring Mike Tenay says "I've just been told we've run out of time, but stick around beca....". And that's how they ended the show. That is one of the most f**ked things I've ever seen in a wrestling program, and highlights how amateur the company is.

They have been doing that ending for a while now. It's bad, and it irritates the sh*t out of me. Once in a while I can understand, but this frequently is just bad television.

MatthewA

Juniors
TNA are f**ked. After last night I've had enough.

Thought I'd watch the go home show to BFG and the show was completely average from start to finish (aside from an entertaining, if not 15-20 years too late Foley V Flair match, and of course seeing the BP shake their arses.), but nothing was as bad as the main event.

A battle royal gauntlet match where they had almost 20 people in the ring without anyone getting eliminated. Abyss then comes out and eliminates 7-8 people (which fair enough did a nice job of making him look monstrous.) but then with 8 people still in the ring Mike Tenay says "I've just been told we've run out of time, but stick around beca....". And that's how they ended the show. That is one of the most f**ked things I've ever seen in a wrestling program, and highlights how amateur the company is.
I agree that it was poor not to show the ending here in Australia. But in America the match ran into TNA Reaction so they showed it and then continued with the Reaction program, which actually rates well.

TNA are going places. They have a great roster and some great idea. They just tend to have more sh*tty shows than good ones. Once they iron out all of their problems they could be great.