What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To all the doubters

Doomednow

Bench
Due to work commitments I haven't been able to watch a lot of football lately, so I hadn't understood just how bad the commentary wankfest was. I watched the first half of the titans - eels game last night and it was ridiculous. Every time he touched the ball they were getting excited, talking him up for doing run of the mill stuff. Then Gordon pulled out an awesome little run where he made three or four tackle breaks and it didn't even get a mention. I can't understand it. Fortunately I was lucky enough to escape to the pub for the second half of the match, where you couldnt hear the commentary because of the live music (though in hindsight I kind of wish I could listen to them to ehar what was said as the eels got annihilated).

Hayne is a decent player, with moments of true brilliance. He could be fantastic. What I, and I expect most people, hate is this premature hype that has blown out to ludicrous proportions. Hype has been accepted and blown out even further by ridiculous commentary, media coverage, and bandwagon/idiot eels fans (not implying all eels fan are like this though there is a bunch of them on this site). If you subscribe to the hype then naturally some of this hate will extend to you.

Hayne. Potential to be amazing, potential to be one of the greats. But he isn't yet. What he is is an arrogant whinging bastard who thinks its illegal for opposition teams to tackle him. If we could magically turn the hype down you would see the hate evaporate. Even more so if he upped his sportsmanship.

Sort of got off track there. My main point was that I hadn't realised how bad the Hayne loving commentary had gotten. It was bad.

End.

When Hayne brings a season full of consistent performances then we can begin to consider his credentials until that day he is in Billy Slater's shadow.

Tom Ace

Bench
He's nowhere near as good as the commentary mugs make out and nowhere near as bad as the forum mugs make out- I'm not sure which is more painful to listen to/read.

He's a good fullback with the potential to be great

This

Latest posts