What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To all those Knights supporters out there

Misanthrope

Staff member
Knights vs. Wests in Round 26 of 2004. Robbie O's last game. We won 22-14 or somesuch. Robbie O had a blinder and I got his autograph after the game. We were never going to make the eight, but it was awesome to have my first live game a winner.

K-Man

Bench
A Gold Coast Seagull's home game back in the day (honestly can't remember which day or what the score was) but have been hooked ever since.

Very first league game i went to was AUS vs Great Britain at lang park, cant remember what year, 98 or 99 i think.

First knights game i went to was against the broncos at ANZ stadium once again i cant remember the year... It was the year before lang park was re-opened, tallis got sin binned, and we lost.

Apey

Staff member
Ive been going since 1997 or something, not that I would remember, but mum use to take me when I was about 6 :p

Alex28

Coach
First game I went to was Round 12 1988 against Cronulla - fairly sure it was a draw.

Second match I went to was the 1992 semi against Wests - am so glad I didn't go to St George the next week...

Alex28

Coach
It was just after my HSC Trials and was supposed to be studying for the HSC but I had to see them play a finals game - geez we went through some rubbish years before it!

Frederick

Staff member
Was in 2002 - was either the match against the Dogs (El Masri from the sideline 22-21), or the Broncos (40-10)...well, I think that Broncos match was in 02 :?

Mr48Volts

Juniors
The Newcastle Herald Challenge. Knights V Manly feb 1988. Manly won the comp the year before and a team of nobody knights smashed Manly to bits. I was 14 and have been a Knights fan ever since.

CycloneSteve

Juniors
My first Rugby League game was West Newcastle vs Lakes United Grand Final in 1984. My first Winfield Cup/NRL game was the same year. It was the Preliminary Final between Parramatta and St George. I was a Saints fan at the time but they lost 8-7. Now my first Knights game (I'm starting feel a bit like Grandpa Simpson here) was in 1988 when I saw the Knights get beat by Brisbane. It was a miserable day, cold and rainy, but we packed into the ground to see Wally play. Not 100% sure but I think that may have been the year of the famous "Wally Golly" masks that were handed out after Wally Lewis spat on some one in a previous game.

IanG

Coach
Was a Minor Semi Final back in 1990 at the SFS. Balmain v Manly.
First Knights game was the following year. Round 3 vs Balmain.

Luke Hatherley

Juniors
Souths vs Cronulla Redfern Oval 1987, when I was 4. I don't remember the game but I remember getting Jeff Fenech's autograph when we ran into him on the hill.

This may not have been my first game though as knowing my old man he probably took me before that.

~bedsy~

First Grade
Trial game in Tamworth in 1998 I think. It was Newcastle, but I don't remember who they were playing against.

KniGhTs BaTTLeR

Juniors
St.George v Parramatta 1986. I was 3 months old so I dont remember it. I went to nearly every home game Dragons had until I was about 8, old man was a mad fan.

My first Knights game would have been in 88 against the Dragons I guess. Can't really remember.

nickdemonknight

Juniors
The first match I went to with NRL teams was the trial match Newcastle V Penrith in Bathurst.
However the first NRL match I went to was Tigers V Eels Rd 1 2005 at Telstra.
The first Newcastle NRL match I went to was against the Bulldogs at Telstra in 2005 which we won, Tighe got a double? had 1 try disallowed after the siren after an acidental offside

Latest posts