What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To the Ben Smith Knockers ...

eel4life

Juniors
For anyone who doubts the ability of this young kid let me remind you to how good he is.

http://www.mediamax.com/nukrilli/Links/332B1D38CC

He has suffered a bad injury so this time off and a good pre-season under his belt i am sure he will be back to his best.

He is a centre for now, and leave him in there until we have to move him but for now our best backline is this.

1. Reddy, 2. Hayne, 3. B Smith, 4 Tahu, 5. Grothe 6. Finch, 7. T smith.

Next year will be the first year since 2001 that we will have a true 5/8th and true half back playing together ...

BEN SMITH COMES FROM A DISTANT PLANET >>>

hineyrulz

Post Whore
what a great win and nite that was,hopefully after a full off season we will see the real ben smith next year.

strider

Post Whore
i love that try ... 22-14, dragons have 4 on 2 overlap, smash and he's off

benny's face looks like :( when he runs fast :lol: :lol:

BlueNGoldBlood

Juniors
Hopefully that speed comes back next year, he still will be a very good centre for us very soon IMO

These videos are great btw :clap:

eels_fan_01

Bench
Lets put Vella and Wagons greatest moments to so basically that means put their 2001 games and forget the rest.

Reddys a cat, he stops before the line on most occasions.

caylo

Bench
join the bandwagon said:
he was sh*te this year!
he played 5 games in a team that was playing horrobly... then 5 weeks with a stuffed up ankle... he was injured, he didnt play horribly... his defence was A grade.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
I have doubt over Ben's skill in the centres, he has no footwork and he doesn't give his winger enough quality ball. This year is definitely one to forget for him but I still think he has a place in the side, just not in the centres. A move to the second row, for at least the trials, would be a good one.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I hat eto say this, but there is no guarentee Smith will ever regain that speed again, injuries like that can do abit to your speed, look at Brett Kenny and what happened to him after his knee injury, he played lock haha

The Colonel

Immortal
Ron Jeremy said:
I hat eto say this, but there is no guarentee Smith will ever regain that speed again, injuries like that can do abit to your speed, look at Brett Kenny and what happened to him after his knee injury, he played lock haha

Actually Ron, it took two bad knee injuries to put Kenny at lock 12 years after his first grade career started. Even then they tried to coax him out of retirement to play Origin.

I think Benny returned too early - with the injuries to our backline there wasn't much choice. Given him a full off season and then see what happens.

PDJ said:
I have doubt over Ben's skill in the centres, he has no footwork and he doesn't give his winger enough quality ball.

I think Ben needs to use his size more at centre and draw and pass more often.

bartman

Immortal
Not sure Reddy has any mortgage on the fullback spot next year... between he, Burt, and Hayne for jerseys 1 and 2. May the best player for each position win!

caylo

Bench
benny has shown glimes thou... he set up a try for grothe with his foot work and size, then offloaded to grothe against the dragons. i think his real asset though is his kick chase, especally in attack he puts himself in good possition to take the ball, and that may be better suited to him with timmy there, rather than jeremy. his defence is undeniable, and i liked when grothe came one in, they work well together... id like to see benny stay for now. he ankle is still very weak, its hard to run with, i no im doin physio for it now, and there is not much u can do but wait.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
we sort of expect Benny to do this more often and he just has not reproduced that type of form

hopefully he's fuly fit next year ands can do it again for us