What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todays game - after game comments

Ribs

Bench
.......not just how, but to who?

The Tigers without most of their bigger names and without Marshall after 4 minutes?

The Preacher

First Grade
scarcev said:
Well Im a Tigers supporter and went with a mate who's a Dragons supporter and mate to be honest I couldnt even bag him after the game, I felt for the bloke. I got to agree, Brown has to go wether it's his fault or not. Anyone see Bailey play Friday, mate another reason i couldnt bag my mate too hard, he was sensational for the Titans.

With the Dragons pretty much at full strength and us missing a few Bunji, Collis, Gibbs, Tuiaki I thought we were gone but from the first whistle it was ugly. All this talk about game plans is rubbish, i coach U7 mod league and even I know that here's all you needed to do;

- forwards, you are forwards, dont think, dont kick, just run hard.
- halves go towards Gasnier and get him 1v1 (sh*t even 1v2) and he's a good thing. Only go towards the left if they are short.
- Soward, there is two debutantes one on each wing, kick high towards them (not once tested!)

Anyway hope it gets better for you guys, like I said I feel bad even bagging my mate this week and thats got to change.

G'Day Scarcev, hows the pubs going mate??? :alcho:

dannyboy

Juniors
Godz Illa said:
There's more to it than that dannyboy. It's not that we went down that bothers us, it's how.

A game where almost everything went wrong and yet you still got within 8 points. Seems a pretty good result. Again, its game one...there's plenty more footy ahead and plenty more games where your backline will be on fire.

Godz Illa

Coach
dannyboy said:
A game where almost everything went wrong and yet you still got within 8 points.
The small margin is not necessarily due to any great effort on our part. The Tigers were understrength at kickoff, and 3 mins in lost their best (and only?) attacking back - we were full strength for all 80 minutes. With all the pre-season talk around the club and the quite satisfactory trial form, it's hard to fight the feeling of hopelessness after a performance like that.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
The Dragons were the better side on paper.

As they have been many times in the last 5 years.

Cattle ain't the problem and I think the saints fans here know that.

dannyboy

Juniors
While I don't think a premiership is heading the Drags way while Brown's in control, by the same token I don't think they'll be adding a pot-stirrer either (which seems to be the attitude coming from some of the fans).

As to them losing Benji, hell the Tig's are used tp playing without him so his exclusion should've still allowed for them to regroup effectively.

If round one results were indicitive of a complete season the Sharks probably wouldn't be virgins.

big pat

Coach
the trouble is dannyboy, we get all fired at the beginning of the season, then we get shot down the very first game, if we had played well and lost then thats different, but we were just woeful for the whole game,and no amount of excuses can make us feel any better. but yes i will be watching on monday night against the tits to see if their is any improvement.

scarcev

Juniors
Hey Preach, yea going well, govt seems to like us more than the clubs these days. I hope your wonder coach finds a plan to handle Bailey, I reckon he was close to the best player I seen all weekend. Should be a cracker though a desperate Dragons outfit (I really reckon next week is make or break for Brown and Dragons chances even so early in, I know you usually start slow but normally at least you show signs, there was no signs at all on the weekend) against form team of the weekend the Titans. (they were pretty good on Friday night). All the best.

The Preacher

First Grade
He should've had a plan to keep him at Sanits, but Mr. Tired and Emotional put an end to that. I'll catch up for a drink during the season. I'll PM you when I'm heading over that way.

stg666

Juniors
on sunday i was absolutely hangin out for the season to start and after 80 minutes i'm hangin out for it to end . when will the pain that i've felt for 28 odd years stop. when i kark it i suppose.

Dragooner

Bench
Welcome stg666.

Don't worry, we'll win this year (i think someone just shot us in the foot), you know why, 7 years ago me and my cousin were playing footy. Running through the house, grubbering, passing, chipping the furniture all while our grandma is screaming at us. I run down a flight of stairs, try to kick it up 12 odd stairs (I was only 11 years old btw) it made it, by a tad too much...I ended up breaking a mirror...that means seven years of bad luck does it not.

7 years gone, Dragons will come out to play!*

*Subjet to the sacking of Nathan Brown

petetheileet

First Grade
Saint Dragon said:
Welcome stg666.

Don't worry, we'll win this year (i think someone just shot us in the foot), you know why, 7 years ago me and my cousin were playing footy. Running through the house, grubbering, passing, chipping the furniture all while our grandma is screaming at us. I run down a flight of stairs, try to kick it up 12 odd stairs (I was only 11 years old btw) it made it, by a tad too much...I ended up breaking a mirror...that means seven years of bad luck does it not.

To me that honestly looks like the only thing that will get us outa this rut!

petetheileet

First Grade
i feel if we win we will win big...it will all click and everything will be forgotten, however if it is a close one we will self destruct

Dragooner

Bench
petetheileet said:
i feel if we win we will win big...it will all click and everything will be forgotten, however if it is a close one we will self destruct

24-all with two minutes to go, we're 10 metres out, we have 2 on 1 down right hand side, Gaz and Moz are ready to score, Woolford goes into dummy-half, if he plays it down the right Dragons win...

But oh sh*t, he throws the ball left into Ryles. Ryles makes a desperate run to the line and losses the ball under no pressure at all. But Atkins is underneath it, he swoops on the ball and runs 100 metres to score despite a fine chase by Florence, but that 20m head start was just to much, Titan's win by 6 :x

Why do I imagine this happening?

Oh wait, we ALL do...

smeghead

Bench
The comment that was worrying for me (even being a Tigers fan) is that someone was telling Browny chin up it will be our year mate and Assistant Coach Young turned and told him to stop taking the piss

gords

Juniors
Saint Dragon said:
Welcome stg666.

Is that your way of offering to coach St George ? :lol:

Serb Dragon

Juniors
Just out of curiosity..if we win the next 8 or 10 on the trot, would you all still be singing the same tune?

just remember,it did take nrls best coach bennet to win it 6 times...in 20 years.