What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todays Retro Jersey

Feej

First Grade
Why can't we go back to the 70's jersey permanantly?

Not just the fact that we had such a big win in it today, but the fact that it's a much better jersey than the multi-coloured thing we wear now.(Since when has grey been one of our colours?)

BWNB

First Grade
Feej said:
Why can't we go back to the 70's jersey permanantly?

Not just the fact that we had such a big win in it today, but the fact that it's a much better jersey than the multi-coloured thing we wear now.(Since when has grey been one of our colours?)
I recon if anything it should be our away strip it looks great i love it

Craigshark

First Grade
Should have it all the time.. Maybe we could start a petition to bring it in or something? Anything.. It is a great jersey.. Should wear it all the time..

Frenzy.

Post Whore
BlaC_WIte_"N"_BlUE said:
I recon if anything it should be our away strip it looks great i love it

Can't be. Away strip has to be predominantly white. NRL rule.

Just make it the main strip. The blue is our traditional blue and looks far better than the aqua or whatever it is.

BWNB

First Grade
Captain Jack Sparrow said:

Just make it the main strip. The blue is our traditional blue and looks far better than the aqua or whatever it is.

o thats interesting thanks for that

chili pepper

Bench
Captain Jack Sparrow said:

Can't be predominantly black?

That way we could make the current home jersey the away jersey

Just saw some highlights on the news. The old version of the socks also looked awesome

Booyah

Bench
I totally agree with those sentiments.

The jersey looked fantastic out there today and I've already sent an email to Sludge suggesting they take it's popularity into consideration when/if they decide to change our strip at the end of next year.

Parramattas one was outstanding as well. I don't know why clubs don't wear retro more often when they look so much better then the crap that's usually churned out.

carinashark

First Grade
Just keep this one for home games . How much bigger do the players look in them , much more intimidating.
carinashark

clint

Juniors
They looked like the Sharks again!!!

Evoked so many memories of going to Endeavour, Ronson and Caltex field, watching like likes of ET, Gavin Miller, Barry Russell, Jon Docking.

They looked bigger on the field too!

The best jersey they've worn since 1994, which I think was the last year they played in the jumper along those lines.

BRING BACK THE HOOP FULL TIME

BWNB

First Grade
Booyah said:
I totally agree with those sentiments.

The jersey looked fantastic out there today and I've already sent an email to Sludge suggesting they take it's popularity into consideration when/if they decide to change our strip at the end of next year.

Parramattas one was outstanding as well. I don't know why clubs don't wear retro more often when they look so much better then the crap that's usually churned out.

I recon parras was awsome aswell sharks and parra were the best blue is the go for parra, maybe that could be their away strip,but it has to be more white

gavin_miller

Juniors
I reckon out of all the things that have been spoken of being petitioned, this won would actually go a long way to getting the old strip back. looked amazing! plenty in the crowd had new ones and I wear my hand-me-down everyweek anyway.

White Poiner

Coach
f**k yeah, this jersey is f**kin awsome. Keep it permanently. We look great in it. Hope there is some jerseys left because im going to get one tomorrow.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
That lighter blue is the true Sharks colour. Does anyone know if the shorts and socks are available?

There was a time when the old sharks shorts and socks were the shire bricklayers uniform.

Latest posts