What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todays Retro Jersey

Booyah

Bench
For those that might have missed it, this was Sludge's response to my email enquiring about the Jersey.
Thank you for the email, we are enquiring with the NRL about playing in the retro jumper in the semi final. Everybody, players included loved the jumper, we are looking at bringing it back on a permanent basis but need to follow NRL protocols.

Regards

Steve Rogers
Football Club General Manager
Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks

MrSharky

Juniors
Our current home jersey would look so much better if we used the same shade of blue as in the retro jumper... what a brilliant colour that is! much better than the aqua or whatever we have at the moment...

:cool:

MrSharky

Juniors
Steve Rogers said:
Thank you for the email, we are enquiring with the NRL about playing in the retro jumper in the semi final. Everybody, players included loved the jumper, we are looking at bringing it back on a permanent basis but need to follow NRL protocols.

Regards

Steve Rogers
Football Club General Manager
Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks
Um... does that mean that he wants us to use it on a full-time basis, as in every week of the comp, or does it mean that he wants a retro-week permanently instilled into the comp each year?

And what are the NRL protocols exactly?

:cool:

Shark

Bench
NRL protocols mean giving adequate notice to the NRL that a club is changing its playing strip. Same as clubs can't change their logo from year to year.

I just couldn't believe how much better those jerseys looked. They looked even better than the retro 35 year strip we used in 2002 against Souths.

Bring it back Sludge! Now!

Thomo.

First Grade
yeah, seeing it plastered in the papers was an awesome sight. i hope this idea gathers momentum

givmeabeer

Juniors
your right Shark man I have two retro 35 year strips and these one look way better..

Some of the boys said at Northies that they what it back

Beats is going well mate had a beer or 12 the other night

fatshark

Bench
The club has approached the NRL to ask if it can be worn for the rest of the year. There are issues regarding merchandising etc and the NRL muist give permission. It does not look good for the next two weeks, but the club are hopeful of using it in the semis.

well thats just plain stupid, and it wont happen. cant it wait till next year or hasnt the acid worn off, and man Im still in the 70;s

huh ? waddaya mean 'stupid' ?

the jersey is awesome and if we can play the semis in it i think it's a freakin' brilliant idea. there's a real footy jersey that instills pride just pulling it on. it's gotta be worth about 12 points !!

i've called for something like this yeras ago and i know i'm not the only one. kudos to the club. fire up !

Quigs

Immortal
Gunnamatta said:
I agree the Sharks looked brilliant but how would it affect the fans who purchased the current jersey at the start of the season?

Gidday Gunna -

Simple answer, when is the next Mardi Gra on - they'd get a few bob for em of some of those lads on the floats.

Cheers
Quigs

Quigs

Immortal
Ahhhh the jersey of the 70's, geeze it brings back some great memories.
p-tb1.jpg

Fair Dinkum I was at the local rehydration station the other night and I saw a bloke in the new sharks jersey - for the first time - close up and as it looks - not on TV.

He and I are the only fair dinkum Sharks Supporters that I know of that live in our small coastal town. We both agreed it looked like a girls hockey teams shirt.

Bring it back - it wasn't broke - now you have all seen it, smelt it. You know how good it is. Bring it back. Bring back the Sky Blue, Balck and White.

Cheers
Quigs

imasharkie

Coach
Quigs said:
Ahhhh the jersey of the 70's, geeze it brings back some great memories.
p-tb1.jpg

Fair Dinkum I was at the local rehydration station the other night and I saw a bloke in the new sharks jersey - for the first time - close up and as it looks - not on TV.

He and I are the only fair dinkum Sharks Supporters that I know of that live in our small coastal town. We both agreed it looked like a girls hockey teams shirt.

Bring it back - it wasn't broke - now you have all seen it, smelt it. You know how good it is. Bring it back. Bring back the Sky Blue, Balck and White.

Cheers
Quigs

Hey Quiggs was this bloke about 14 years old. If it is I seen that same bloke in a new jersey in Yeppoon early in the season.

chili pepper

Bench
Picked up my jersey today and I'm stoked.

ima I doubt you'll see it in a store up our way - especially if only 300 were made.

Best bet is to pay the extra and order through the Sharks website.

Bluebag

Juniors
It was a great looking jersey unlike the busy style they currently use and should keep it permanently.

Go Nulla

Bench
Did anyone notice that the white in the middle was wider than the old jersey obviously to allow for the LG logo.

Southern Shark

Juniors
Must wear it next year. Also include those great socks and shorts. Those shorts are the most popular shorts ever made. You still see them regularly today on tradesman, runners and people training for all sorts of sports. Bring back the whole uniform. Commentators who don't follow the Sharks stated how good they looked. Newspapers loved placing the photo's in their papers. The sponsors names stand out. Just look at 'Puma' on the socks and LG would sign for a decade if we displayed 'LG' on that jumper.

fatshark

Bench
huh ? waddaya mean 'stupid' ?

the jersey is awesome and if we can play the semis in it i think it's a freakin' brilliant idea. there's a real footy jersey that instills pride just pulling it on. it's gotta be worth about 12 points !!
I dont mean the jersey I mean, if its true, the club asking to keep the jumper till end of the year. Um hello they do have policies regarding jumper designs.

Latest posts