What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todd Carney Last Chance no.35

betcats

Referee
We'll be reading a two page spread in the tele about how Carney has turned his life around again in about three weeks. He must get dizzy from all the turning around he does.

Danish

Referee
Carney made a promise to the nrl , and he broke it

so the nrl and gallop could stop carney from playing if they do not believe he can stay off the drink and not be in any more misdemeanors.

The ones who should be threaten is the roosters management and club, the nrl should do what they threaten the bulldogs , about the bulldogs fans running amuck.

Threaten to take away competition points , the roosters have been bringing the nrl into disrepute for years now

Did he even make that promise?

The first we heard about this apparent promise was in the telegraph after him having a couple beers. After the actual drink driving offence Gallop stated he said he was getting help to handle his problem, don't recall any quotes stating he said he would not drink

Gaba

First Grade
Can't see any mention of a "I'm not going to drink" promises in there, and again thats after the fact.

check any and all articles just after the actual meeting and they are all regarding carney promising to get help for his problems and that he is trying to handle them. Never once about not drinking.
fair enough

But still the roosters should be made to be countable for the players actions, look how many incidents happen

the nrl needs to get off their arse and take competition points off the roosters if anymore happen

Danish

Referee
Why?

They haven't done so ever before and I'd hate to see such a precedent set for the future. Nevermind the legal ramifications as the roosters would undoubtedly challenge such a nonsensical ruling.

The NRL needs to overhaul its entire handling of these sorts of situations to stop trying to give bullshit unworkable ultimatums and inconsistent punishments purely out of wanting to get a cool sound byte for the papers.

No other professional league in the world lets the media dictate to them which players should and shouldn't be punished like the NRL do. Its amateur hour.

coolsteve

Juniors
shame poor old cronulla sacked all their players a few years ago after their indescretions.at least they took a stance.paying for it now,though.so the message is:cry altziemers or whatever,hide `em for a couple weeks and everything honky dory

age.s

First Grade
for carney it is:)

No, actually it's not. There are no legal restrictions on the man drinking alcohol.

If his place of employment or its governing body want to put those restrictions on him that's another thing. Did they do that here or anywhere else (genuine question)?

So this is his last chance? What are the parameters that Todd has to follow? To me it seems that the parameters around Todd's behavior have so far been "Don't get into the papers." Considering how much the Telecrap seems to love printing his name I'd say the odds are stacked against him.

smi962

First Grade
No, actually it's not. There are no legal restrictions on the man drinking alcohol.

If his place of employment or its governing body want to put those restrictions on him that's another thing. Did they do that here or anywhere else (genuine question)?

Roosters wouldn't want to put restrictions on him. He will end up having to be sacked :)

gUt

Coach
Carney isn't fit to lick the dogshit off Lockyer's boots you dumb merkins.

Big Pete

Referee
:lol: Bennett's reaction to Lockyer's tackle still cracks me up.

Something along the lines of "I thought you lot said Lockyer couldn't tackle?"

Danish

Referee
Carney isn't fit to lick the dogshit off Lockyer's boots you dumb merkins.

Given several million people are already lined up to lick the shit of locky's boots, legs and beyond I doubt Carney would get a look in anyway.