What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todd Carney Last Chance no.35

Hutty1986

Immortal
Carney really needs to work on his game plans so these sorts of incidents don't ever happen again.

badav

Bench
Carney is not the sharpest tool in the shed. Its pretty much a dead certainty he will screw up again one way or another. When you give somebody who is dull to begin with 55 "last chances" they don't learn shit. Doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

Maybe next time they can give him a 6 point plan instead of another 5 pointer

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Carney is a drop kick no doubt about it. But he can only be guided by those who employ him as to whether or not he plays.
The Roosters management are really hanging this poor bastard out to dry. How can he come out 2 weeks ago and said he has all these problems and now the club deems him fit to play? If they were undefeated he would not be suddenly "fit" and ready to go.
I hate to drag this issue up AGAIN, but what did Brett Stewart do that was against the law for his suspension? The reason given by that drop kick Gallop for the 4 week suspension was that he was intoxicated and given his standing in the game it was unacceptable.
Well I would have thought the current Dally M player of the year would have the same sort of standing that Brett Stewart had, but uncle Nick isn't writing the cheques at Brookvale.
Although I think Carney is a cretin this is not an attack on him. This is about the Roosters management and the NRL. The Roosters for not putting Carney's well being before their own and the NRL (or more particularly Gallop) for their completely limp wristed approcah to all of these issues with Carney this year.
You keep letting someone get away with these things and they'll keep doing it. Why the hell wouldn't they???

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Can't see any mention of a "I'm not going to drink" promises in there, and again thats after the fact.

check any and all articles just after the actual meeting and they are all regarding carney promising to get help for his problems and that he is trying to handle them. Never once about not drinking.

Didn't he say he was going to go to AA? One would suggest that anyone who mentions AA is serious about rehabilitation, going out in the cross and drinking does not coincide with that.

He may not have said he isn't going to drink, but he sure makes some stupid decisions for someone who is walking a very fine line with his career.

Snappy

Coach
I like watching the kid play. I couldnt care less if he got on the piss a few weeks ago. Let him play and stop whinging. Why everyone is so dead set against him playing is beyond me.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
I like watching the kid play. I couldnt care less if he got on the piss a few weeks ago. Let him play and stop whinging. Why everyone is so dead set against him playing is beyond me.

I could care less if he got on the piss a few weeks ago either. It all stems back to fact he got off scott free for drink driving AGAIN at the start of the season and the Chooks and NRL did f*ck all. Then they all wonder why he keeps stuffing up.

adamkungl

Immortal
I could care less if he got on the piss a few weeks ago either. It all stems back to fact he got off scott free for drink driving AGAIN at the start of the season and the Chooks and NRL did f*ck all. Then they all wonder why he keeps stuffing up.

sooky la la

Way to send a message. The dopey moron must think he can get away with anything now. He just keeps getting another chance every time.

But the worst thing about it is the Roosters decided to do this on a day when the focus should have been solely on the two rep games. What a bunch of cuties.

Dazraider

Juniors
roosters realise they have nothing in attack when he is not there and its because they are desperate to have an attacking player back in their side which was the difference last year and he was a difference when at the raiders as well.
anyways they will keep him he can screw up again and again the roosters wont get rid of him no matter what he does

Snappy

Coach

He had his day in court and the courts decided on a punishment. Thats enough for me. Let the kid play.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
He had his day in court and the courts decided on a punishment. Thats enough for me. Let the kid play.

Tell that to all the other players who have been suspended or sacked for similar indescretions.
If this idiot plays then all play. Can't have it both ways.

Spark Plug

Juniors
I can't stand the roosters and think the same about Carney. But the kid has made a massive comeback to the NRL after being away. He almost guided the Roosters to a premiership last year and all he has done wrong this year was :
- drive the morning after a night on the sauce and make an error of judgement. Its not as if he was pissed and decided to drive. Sure, he was on his P's, but he would have genuinely felt that he was fine to drive the next day.
- was out drinking, but not behaving in an anti-social manner at all. In light of what has happened, he probably shouldn't have been.

Matt White from the titans gets done for high range Drink driving and is running out for the titans on sunday.

If the penalties placed on Carney were imposed on every player in the NRL .............

Committing a crime is one thing, but this goes too far. The kid is being set up to fail.

Again, i can;t stand the Roosters.......

Latest posts