What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todd Carney Last Chance no.35

Mattc

Juniors
Wasn't he injured anyway? Some sort of Groin problem?
Therefore the Roosters have "stood him down" for the time it took him to recover from the injury.
"Suspended" him from games he was never going to play anyway??

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Therefore the Roosters have "stood him down" for the time it took him to recover from the injury.
Exactly.

I'm not a fan of the tattooed dopey jug eared unrepentant merkin but he should not have been suspended for the latest incidence in the first place. A few Helen Lovejoys kick up a fuss and so the roosters give him a token suspension.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
What assault?

Watmough actually has a rap sheet worse than Carney's yet he's never never been suspended. <shock horror>

-assaulted girlfriend
-assaulted sponsor
-urinated on a shop window
-licence disqualified for driving 50km/h over the limit

....all separate incidents which the same can't be said for your list of Carney's, even with the assault added on for good measure.

Watmough is no angel thats for sure but Carney is on a whole other level.
Lets not also forget that when he was busted in 2007 for the police chase he got Steve Irwin (then Canberra player) to take the rap for the chase!!! Irwin was a passenger in the car but was sacked for being the "driver".
There was obviously a lot more that went on down in Canberra too because when Bronx Goodwin sued Canberra for wrongful dismissal he said he was going to reveal in court all the other s*it that had been swept under the carpet and the Raiders settled quick smart.

adamkungl

Immortal

Exactly.

I'm not a fan of the tattooed dopey jug eared unrepentant merkin but he should not have been suspended for the latest incidence in the first place. A few Helen Lovejoys kick up a fuss and so the roosters give him a token suspension.

^ bingo :)

Watmough is no angel thats for sure but Carney is on a whole other level.

Carney's never decked his girlfriend...or a sponsor

adamkungl

Immortal
Tell that to all the other players who have been suspended or sacked for similar indescretions.
If this idiot plays then all play. Can't have it both ways.

Who the f**k has ever been sacked for next morning drink driving? Who has even been sacked for driving convictions? :lol: Pull your head in

HoLLuS

Juniors
I love how every allegation against Carney is true and the worse possible scenario, like going from pissing on some guys leg at urinal in a club to pissing on some dudes head...(are people confusing the incident with Gallen's??)....yet every other player is just "speculation" and "alleged" and "not really that bad" and "but Carney did this"

Funny thread.

Fact of the matter is, if Carney were some nuffy trying to crack it in first grade he'd be long gone.

Todd Carney = superstar = double standards.

Full stop.

manly40gimps0

Juniors
Obviously decking a sponsor is the result of someone who can handle their grog
Don't get to uptight, just taking the piss. I agree he should never have been stood down.
If the roosters want to play someone who shit on his own team mates thats their business.

adamkungl

Immortal
Funny thread.

Fact of the matter is, if Carney were some nuffy trying to crack it in first grade he'd be long gone.

Full stop.

It's not double standards at all.
If a quality employee f**ks up, he'll be given more slack because he actually offers value to the organisation.
If a newbie f**ks up, why waste your time? They aren't worth anything to you.

How much slack we've given Carney for minor indiscretions is far less than what he is worth to our premiership campaign.

If the roosters want to play someone who shit on his own team mates thats their business.

Tell that to Gallop. Manly fans need no reminding what a royal f**kwit he is

Razor

Coach
Funny thread.

Full stop.

It's not double standards at all.

All occupations are the same. If you're always late for work, go on the drink at lunch, but are great at your job you won't be fired. If you're crap at your job then you'll be fired if you do those things.

It's more they use the incidents as an excuse to sack them. They can't sack a crap player without paying out his contract. If he commits off-field incidents, then there's a reason they can sack him without penalty.

Carney didn't do anything wrong at all last time. Going and having a couple of drinks is not a crime.

fred95

Juniors
roosters realise they have nothing in attack when he is not there and its because they are desperate to have an attacking player back in their side which was the difference last year and he was a difference when at the raiders as well.
anyways they will keep him he can screw up again and again the roosters wont get rid of him no matter what he does
Yeah Daz, whatever. Rooster supporters are only too happy to keep Carney, he is the reason the Roosters played in the grand final last year and we're hoping he can do the same for us this year. It must hurt you guys in Canberra to have sacked him putting your team in the unenvialbe position of being hot shots for this year' wooden spoon, I pity you.

Razor

Coach
Yeah Daz, whatever. Rooster supporters are only too happy to keep Carney, he is the reason the Roosters played in the grand final last year and we're hoping he can do the same for us this year. It must hurt you guys in Canberra to have sacked him putting your team in the unenvialbe position of being hot shots for this year' wooden spoon, I pity you.

And Canberra wonders why no top players want to go to their club. The Sharks are the same. No other clubs sack top players for things that aren't related to football.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Who the f**k has ever been sacked for next morning drink driving? Who has even been sacked for driving convictions? :lol: Pull your head in

Similar indescretions as in repeated alcohol related incidents you f*cking idiot.
Brett Seymour, Jake Friend, Neville Costigan. Want me to go on? Oh and Costigan WAS sacked for drink driving by the Bronco's so YOU pull your head in champ.
And I'm not talking about sacking the bloke Einstein. I have said previously the NRL and Roosters have a duty of care to the bloke given they've essentially given him free reign through their inaction.
My point is he should not be playing 3 weeks after being suspended "indefinitely" with all of his issues. He was a train wreck out of control and now that the Roosters are losing a few games he's all of a sudden ready to play again. Bullshit.

Last edited:

fred95

Juniors
Thats why Gallop and the nrl could stop carney from playing. If they dont believe he will able to keep his word.
Oh hello Gaba, strange to see you submitting a post that does'nt wholly comprise another scathing attack on Mitchell Pearce, did you finally realise the most over rated player in the game will be chosen to play origin again, time to castigate his partner in the halves now, whom I believe will partner Pearce in origin. Find another team to rubbish Gaba.

CMUX

We'll be reading a two page spread in the tele about how Carney has turned his life around again in about three weeks. He must get dizzy from all the turning around he does

Good, after the 5 pager by Rothfield the other week he deserves it. Tim Smith and Vai Vai will continue to be ignored though.
shame poor old cronulla sacked all their players a few years ago after their indescretions.at least they took a stance.paying for it now,though.so the message is:cry altziemers or whatever,hide `em for a couple weeks and everything honky dory

You mean like Tim Smith?
Tell that to all the other players who have been suspended or sacked for similar indescretions.
If this idiot plays then all play. Can't have it both ways.

Who has been sacked for drink driving let alone low range drink driving.

Certainly not David Shillington

Naqiama (or however u spell it) had weekend detention for it and was still able to play footy.

I'll never be surprised by Easts, they pick up the guy because he's sacked for disciplinary reasons by a club that made a moral stance but even if he does something else stupid, breaks club policy or the laaaaaaaw again, The Roosters wont sack him, they never will. Just give him another small inconsequential paid vacation.
Gutless club.

Please, no club has ever given him more chances than Canberra and they only got rid of him because he refused to follow the plan, they would have kept him otherwise.

At the roosters has lit someone&#8217;s fart on fire, got done low-range DUI and went out and got pissed. He is an angel compared to the Canberra days

P.S. I am not blaming Canberra in anyway for his past actions.

Latest posts