What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todd Carney - Origin?

simon says

First Grade
Oooh,I thought he meant Ash Graham but its another Raider player....thats even more funny......that Graham can run.

My bad.....

badav

Bench
That pass to Marshall Chalk was awesome. In saying that, origin calls are certainly premature. How about a season of consistently good form. Then he would be in the mix

Walt Flanigan

Referee
It irks me that some of the unenlightened say Carney has had 1 good game. I challenge them to watch the back half of last season and tell me when he a bad one.

He has proven he can perform under pressure with game saving golden point field goals (one vs the Cowboys last year is one of the best I've seen). He's kicked his fair share of 40/20s, short kicking game has improved out of sight and his passing game was best demonstrated the other night. The kid also knows how to find the line with a strong running game. What more do you want from a 5/8?

Daley and Fitler were introduced into origin at his age and I can honestly say I have no problem comparing him to the two greats at that stage of their career.

Raider_69

Post Whore
for the record carney was playing good footy in a bad team for most of the back end of last season
this year we've got a game plan that suits his style of player and he has been a stand out for us

that said, ive stated earlier and i will again, i think carney and mullen are a year off origin footy, the problem is, who else is there?

simon says

First Grade
Im not bitter at all.....I think Carney is a pretty good player.

Just not sure him and half the Raider team is ready for Origin yet.

They did play bloody well on Monday night though and if they do that for about 4-6 weeks with Carney firing then maybe there could be some reps.

Knightmare

Coach
I agree that with Carney we need to see how he goes over the next few weeks. Ditto Mullen. However, I would gladly see either wearing the sky blue #6 before Anasta.

Latest posts