What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todd Carney - Origin?

JJ

Immortal
Big Mick © said:
1. Wade McKinnon
2. Luke Rooney
3. Jamie Lyon
4. Matt Cooper
5. Matt King
6. Todd Carney
7. Jarrod Mullen
8. Mark O'Meley
9. Danny Buderus
10. Luke Bailey
11. Luke O'Donnell
12. Nathan Hindmarsh
13. John Sutton

14. Brett White
15. Willie Mason
16. Ben Creagh
17. Kurt Gidley

They won't go with Mullen and Carney in the halves, not for a good few years anyway

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
legend said:
Cronk is a Qlder and my pick is Hornby as well because Daley is a selector but I think in that position, Carney is the better player.

Twiz mate, stick to following the Eels because Carney has played more than just one good game. He's been very good for over a season now but it took until now for him to get the recognition he deserves because there is no one else to hide behind and last year he was in Smith's shadow.

Under a new coach, he is leading the side around the park beautifully.

TBH, last night showcased the best tries of the season so far with some brilliant individual skill and team work. Carney, Dobson and Zillman with a combined age of about 20 blew the best player in the game off the park.

we'll see this weekend, when he comes up against a real SOO 5/8

JJ

Immortal
The Riddler said:
I'll be very suprised if Anasta even gets a look in.

I just think the selectors will go back to him, given there aren't too many good options at 5/8.

mxlegend99

Referee
Tim Smith and Brett Finch are not going to test the likes of Todd Carney.

I wouldn't mind seeing how Carney and Dobson stack up against Wallace and Gower. Both are in decent form with a team around them that isn't crap . Knights have been crap since Round 1 and their wins were the other teams losing the games. When they faced a team that played for 80mins and managed to get some momentum, they got found out.

I'm liking the look of Raiders for a top 10 team. Roosters have all but secured the spoon, so i can't see anyone trying to claim the Raiders for it now.

dubby

Bench
IMO its a bit early for Todd to be in SOO. Country Origin? Yes. Let him be rewarded for some good form, but I think he is not quite ready for SOO.

I believe Anasta will be 5/8 or Gower. And I think it will fail. Anasta is a better lock and Gower is a better 1/2.

Maybe give Todd a run off the bench? Nah, that would be a waste. Zillman has no chance of being in the QLD team, even tho Big Mal is coach and Henry the 2IC. Zilly is just starting to show his talent, he doesnt need the big time yet.

skeepe

Immortal
Not meant to be bait. Just my honest opinion. There are better, more deserving players out there.

Harold Bishop

Juniors
skeepe said:
Not meant to be bait. Just my honest opinion. There are better, more deserving players out there.
He is definetly up to standard, but based on form IMO has O'Donnel, Creagh, Ryan, Watmough, Hoffman ahead of him at the moment.

mxlegend99

Referee
Waterhouse is in better form also (he and Rooney have both impressed me with the improvements over last year).... but Hindmarsh has only one game under his belt. Give him time... he will earn his spot. He is a consistant and reliable player.

skeepe

Immortal
Overrated. Dirty too.

Back on topic, Carney is surely the front-runner for the Country Origin number 6 jersey. The thing is, last night wasn't just a one off - he's been doing it consistantly for a fair while now.

Harold Bishop

Juniors
mxlegend99 said:
Waterhouse is in better form also (he and Rooney have both impressed me with the improvements over last year).... but Hindmarsh has only one game under his belt. Give him time... he will earn his spot. He is a consistant and reliable player.
I agree Waterhouse has been awesome so far this year.

Carlito

Juniors
No chance Hindmarsh will be omitted if fit.

11. Hindmarsh
12. Creagh
13. O'Donnell

14. Watmough
15. Waterhouse

Latest posts