What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todd Carney sacked

Bretto

Bench
No I just think its geniused and a knee jerk reaction.

Seriously public sex from a player nothing, A player beats a wife and woman multiple times is only banned for a year. Another player shits in public nothing (and was a repeat offender when it came to alcohol fueled incidents. ) Another player beats a woman who is paid off and nothing happens........ Another player hits a woman and gets off scot free because he was trying to prevent self harm.

Carney pretends to piss in his mouth as a f**kin joke (hell I seen worse pics on people's Facebook profiles) and because it is some how bringing the club and game into disrepute... The club under investigation for mass drug cheating throughout a playing group over a extended period of time....... And a game that welcomes known and proven women beaters drug addicts and gambling addicts into its game with open arms. It is the highest level of hypocrisy I have ever seen and Carney is being thrown under the bus.

So yeah f**k the sharks (and I have a soft spot for the playing group) and f**k the NRL for supporting this geniused decision.

Rant over fire away

No, seriously. Lay off the pipe. Even your signature is misspelled.

Storm Hi, seriously mate?

Do you really think the club had a choice? Do you really think the NRL didn't make their wishes on this well known to the club? And most importantly, do you really think pissing or pretending to piss you own mouth is acceptable behavior for a 28 year old repeat offender on his final warning. If so, go ahead and sign him up to the storm. See how your sponsors like it

bluey

Bench
I hope he does Should have been sacked. He did not break the law unlike his other offences. The guy was just f**king around like thousands of other guys his age.

Being stupid is not a reason to get rid of him. I hope he sues the f**k out of them.

Bringing the game and the sharks into disrepute is.
You condone a picture of him either pissing in his gob or on the floor of a toilet except-able behavior???
Young kids see this, and it just is not good enough.

Apey

Staff member
Storm Hi, seriously mate?

Do you really think the club had a choice? Do you really think the NRL didn't make their wishes on this well known to the club? And most importantly, do you really think pissing or pretending to piss you own mouth is acceptable behavior for a 28 year old repeat offender on his final warning. If so, go ahead and sign him up to the storm. See how your sponsors like it

No... no they do not.

thorson1987

Coach
Whilst he was always going to get the sack after that pic was released, the club still should have followed the correct process.

They handled this really bad.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Dumb not to follow basic HR process. Unfair dismissal law is a fricking pain as an employer so you have to dot every i. Could come back on them.

blukablu

Juniors
I hope he does Should have been sacked. He did not break the law unlike his other offences. The guy was just f**king around like thousands of other guys his age.

Being stupid is not a reason to get rid of him. I hope he sues the f**k out of them.

You think breaking the law is the only way to get sacked? Do you work for the council?

carcharias

Immortal
Just to recap
On a last chance deal

Photo of him holding his dick and pissing into his own mouth while out on the piss again.
Photo went viral.
With Cronulla sharks mentioned in every single report on TV , radio and online.

...and the sharks have done the wrong thing?

thorson1987

Coach
Just to recap
On a last chance deal

Photo of him holding his dick and pissing into his own mouth while out on the piss again.
Photo went viral.

They didn't do the wrong thing, just went the wrong way about it.

Card Shark

Immortal
They didn't do the wrong thing, just went the wrong way about it.

I think we would've been heavily encouraged by the NRL to end it asap, seemingly at the expense of process.

Hope the NRL don't forget that when we end up in court, yet again.

It will end up costing us with an out of court settlement. It's crap!

Perth Red

Post Whore
I've heard carney whinging about all sorts of things but have yet to hear him say he is sorry he let the club, players and fans down.

Aragorn

First Grade
I've heard carney whinging about all sorts of things but have yet to hear him say he is sorry he let the club, players and fans down.

yeah, no remorse or anything. He's taken the image of the game we all love down the gutter (numerous times) and he's the victim?

please.

StormHi

Juniors
I don't think doing something silly when spending time from your job should constitute a reason for dismissal and if my employer tried to fire me for doing something similar at a pary in my own time regardless if it ended up in the social media or not. I would shit on them from great height for unfair dismissal. And if they did not follow due process I would sue them over that as well. As would any one of you dickheads talking from your moral high horses.

I understand the sharks and the nrl feel that they "had no choice" and that's the problem I have with the sacking. There have been so many other instances where they coulda made a moral stand and they let the game down. This hypocrisy is what makes me angry.

Inglis is a woman beater gets let off by the media and the nrl and the storm. Nate Myles after many warnings for drink related problems shits in public nothing done pretty much a nothing story. Robert lui a repeat offender woman basher let back in after only a year.

Just seems so stupid the moral outrage at what seems to me something stupid yes but hardly worthy of losing ones job over. Perhaps a suspension or better a hefty fine to a charity or something but to be sacked and lose a exciting talent out of the game for some moralistic BS seems more detrimental to the game then a silly picture of a player pretending to drink his own piss.

Perth Red

Post Whore
A) not if it's in your contract
B) not if your employment was as much based around your public image as your performance
C) not if said employer took you off the scrap heap due to numerous previous f**k ups

End of day carney knew he was drinking at the last chance saloon, he has no one to blame except himself. If my career and $3.5million in future earnings relied on me not being a dck head in public I would not go near a pub for the next 5 years.

Charlie124

First Grade
A) not if it's in your contract
B) not if your employment was as much based around your public image as your performance
C) not if said employer took you off the scrap heap due to numerous previous f**k ups

End of day carney knew he was drinking at the last chance saloon, he has no one to blame except himself. If my career and $3.5million in future earnings relied on me not being a dck head in public I would not go near a pub for the next 5 years.

Spot on.

Too many people are of the opinion that just because taking a slash into your own mouth isnt against the law he shouldnt have been sacked for being a dickhead, yet again. Its another embarrassing black eye for the club and if they didnt punt him (without the NRL telling them to) then it would have been an even bigger black eye for the code. They had no choice and they did the right thing by their potential sponsors and fans. If they havent followed correct procedures in doing so then thats something for the lawyers to sort out, but at the end of the day he had to go.

butchmcdick

Post Whore
Just to recap
On a last chance deal

Photo went viral.

Treated Todd with a lack of respect apparently

Latest posts