What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todd Carney sacked

TheDalek079

Bench
I've heard carney whinging about all sorts of things but have yet to hear him say he is sorry he let the club, players and fans down.

That's his standard line when he gets another chance. the usual grateful for another opportunity....sorry to club/players/fans/family.....taking steps to treat his alcoholism..... Then BAM!! another offence, and the same BS spiel and another 'last chance'

carcharias

Immortal
The smart players don't make an arse of themselves in public.
They know that being a footy star just isn't about being good at footy.

Griffoshark66

First Grade
The bloke is a f**k up. I have said in the Sharks forum that I don't have a high profile job and I don't earn huge dollars, but if a pic of me surfaced where I was drinking my piss, I would be fired on the spot. f**k him. Good riddance.

POPEYE

Coach
Spot on.

Too many people are of the opinion that just because taking a slash into your own mouth isnt against the law he shouldnt have been sacked for being a dickhead, yet again. Its another embarrassing black eye for the club and if they didnt punt him (without the NRL telling them to) then it would have been an even bigger black eye for the code. They had no choice and they did the right thing by their potential sponsors and fans. If they havent followed correct procedures in doing so then thats something for the lawyers to sort out, but at the end of the day he had to go.

Right again Charlie, none of this shit matters a f**k to me but Carney has a duty of care to the thousands of kids that shouldn't be negatively influenced by his bad manners

Surely

Post Whore
So true they should just look up to the women bashers instead, they are acceptable.

StormHi

Juniors
That has nothing to do with this.

couldnt be more wrong. People are baning on about the image of the game and setting a example for kids. Tell you what I would rather my kid piss in his own mouth as a joke then think it's fine to Bash your wife or a woman and just get a slap on the wrist more or less. :shock:

carcharias

Immortal
Not that blokes beating the shit out of their chicks has one f**ken thing to do with Carneys woeful track record .

Besides....,the Sharks have shown they sack blokes who hit chicks ,

Charlie124

First Grade
Nobody has condoned woman bashing, ever. The nrl banned Lui for a year after he was sacked and he had to complete some pretty serious counciling programs and show them that he had paid his dues before he was allowed back into the comp. He did everything he was asked of and weather you agree with it or not, they were satisfied enough with that. Does that make what he did ok? Of course not. But he was heavily punished. The only thing carney has shown is that he doesn't learn.

Carney is a repeat dickhead, has been sacked twice before and given countless "last chances" by every club he's played for. He can't help himself, he blames everyone else for his meathead behaviour and again thinks he's been hard done by. Even now, after having a photo of himself pissing into his own f**king mouth in a public toilet he still won't accept any responsibility for it, it's the mate who took the photo whose to blame.

Cronulla don't need this bullshit, they have enough problems to deal with without having their star player, who is paid more than the prime minister being seen doing childish shit like this.

--Storm--

Juniors
Least it looks like he'll get a job elsewhere, couple of English clubs interested, hopefully he can get a sizable contract somewhere and not lose too much money.

Lewk

Juniors
Nobody has condoned woman bashing, ever. The nrl banned Lui for a year after he was sacked and he had to complete some pretty serious counciling proseverityd show them that he had paid his dues before he was allowed back into the comp. He did everything he was asked of and weather you agree with it or not, they were satisfied enough with that. Does that make what he did ok? Of course not. But he was heavily punished. The only thing carney has shown is that he doesn't learn.

Carney is a repeat dickhead, has been sacked twice before and given countless "last chances" by every club he's played for. He can't help himself, he blames everyone else for his meathead behaviour and again thinks he's been hard done by. Even now, after having a photo of himself pissing into his own f**king mouth in a public toilet he still won't accept any responsibility for it, it's the mate who took the photo whose to blame.

Cronulla don't need this bullshit, they have enough problems to deal with without having their star player, who is paid more than the prime minister being seen doing childish shit like this.

Lui gave his mrs multiple black eyes and then decided to lay in the boot for good measure. To say he was punished heavily is beyond a joke. He didnt do any jail time considering the severity of his crime and waltzed back into a nrl contract after some bullshit counciling. If everyone charged with that level of assault had access to the "pretty serious counciling" that he was gifted with, there would be a lot less people in prison.

Charlie124

First Grade
The NRL can't send him to prison, dumbass. For a crime that didn't attract any jail time, he was heavily (and rightfully) punished by the NRL.

tangalife

Juniors
Lui gave his mrs multiple black eyes and then decided to lay in the boot for good measure. To say he was punished heavily is beyond a joke. He didnt do any jail time considering the severity of his crime and waltzed back into a nrl contract after some bullshit counciling. If everyone charged with that level of assault had access to the "pretty serious counciling" that he was gifted with, there would be a lot less people in prison.

Support and rehabilliation > punishment.

If this has turned Lui into a better person, then that trump's prison. I know what you are saying, but prison isnt the answer to everyone's wrong doings.

Lewk

Juniors
The NRL can't send him to prison, dumbass. For a crime that didn't attract any jail time, he was heavily (and rightfully) punished by the NRL.

Thanks was for clearing that up, I thought the nrl had the power to send offenders to prison:roll:

I was pointing out how much of a merkin you are by saying Carney gave the game a black eye and then trying to justify why Lui is allowed to play. If you think carney being a serial dipshit on the piss is somehow worse for the game than having a woman beater running around than you are a complete and utter idiot.

Jubileeboy

First Grade
Thanks was for clearing that up, I thought the nrl had the power to send offenders to prison:roll:

I was pointing out how much of a merkin you are by saying Carney gave the game a black eye and then trying to justify why Lui is allowed to play. If you think carney being a serial dipshit on the piss is somehow worse for the game than having a woman beater running around than you are a complete and utter idiot.

Ummm...how's this ?
They're both massive dickheads and don't deserve a contract in the NRL.
/

Charlie124

First Grade

1. No worries, you seemed to be confusing the two

2. Are you trying to say having this photo doing the rounds is not a black eye for the game? Because if you are, you're the dumb merkin. I've never justified Lui's actions at all, in fact quite the opposite. But what I have done is point out that he's served the punishment given to him. If you've got a problem with that, take it up with the courts who charged him.

3. Idiot.