What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todd Carney & Steve Irwin under investigation?

jed

First Grade
Gene Krupa said:
How do you know he wasn't drunk? He didn't stick around for a breath test, did he?
There's no proof either that Toddy wasn't wearing ladies underwear, are you suggesting that's a possibility too? Let's stick to the facts, ok?

Raider Azz

Bench
Iafeta said:
I agree, in that they've allowed one player to suddenly become bigger than the morales on which the club is founded in. It breeds a contemptuous culture throughout the club, and there must be severe confusion in the squad about what is and what is not allowable under the club's code of conduct. Not a good situation with some players with questionable records already on the roster. It will be of most interest to see how the club handles itself if another questionable act occurs in the future with either Carney or another Raiders player, if they dismiss him I'd imagine they could go them for unfair dismissal on the basis of the precedent set in the Carney case. Hopefully nothing comes of it because I enjoyed the Raiders being successful in the early 1990's and it'd be outstanding to have them back there again playing similar football, but if incidents like this start to snowball the behaviour down there might avalanche into a situation of uncontrollability. And that's not fair on hard toilers like Allan Tongue who deserve to be successful.
what exactlly was carney going to learn by being sacked? clubs would have been lining up for his signature, and he'd have been playing league again next year, maybe even for more money than he is on at the raiders. i really don't understand why so many of you are slamming this decision by the raiders. it is the best possible thing they could have done for toddy, and the NRL and gallop have already gone on record by saying they agree with the raiders decision and entire handling of the matter. by the raiders holding onto him (with SUSPENDED PAY, BTW) he is getting the help he needs through a rehabilitation program. Whether or not he plays league again this year is entirely up to the Raiders based on how he goes with his rehabilitation. Rest assured though, he won't play until they believe he has 100% got his life in order.

why weren't you slamming the dragons decision to hold onto naiqama? or the panthers for holding onto gower, for that matter?!? gower has absolutely no excuse for some of his behaviour, and im amazed that so many people have forgotten about those two quite recent incidents yet choose to slam both carney and the raiders. carney is only 20 years old, packed up and left his home town goulburn when he was quite young and was thrust into the limelight at canberra being talked up as the messiah. it's understandable he has some personal problems, and now he is getting the help he needs. make no mistake, i am not defending carney, but i certnately want to see him get his personal problems solved so he can go back to doing what he does best - playing footy. he has way too much talent for it to be thrown away like this.

in 10 years carney will be playing for australia and everyone will have forgotten all about this.

Latest posts