What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todd Carney & Steve Irwin under investigation?

Iafeta

Referee
Raider_69 said:
i have little doubts if todd carney was a fringe first grader and didnt look a top class prospect, he'd have been sacked

facts are todd carney isnt a fringe fger, he is the best young half in the game, and sacking him would have only given another club the chance to benifit from his talent and our development. Why would you hand you're best asset to a competiter? Silly business

What canberra have done is proven that Todd Carney is being groomed to play a MASSIVE role in a Raiders future, and we are willing to give him every chance we can to allow him to assume that role. Im very confident this incident will be his last major one.

So why wouldn't he be delisted like a certain one time Kiwis hooker? Both were on criminal charges, one has a repeated history of it. The other now can't play in the NRL.

Iafeta

Referee
Raider Ultra said:
Indiscretions are swept under the club at every club, especially for the key players.

Which is inequitable, and sets a poor example for those "dispensible."

Raider_69

Post Whore
Iafeta said:
So why wouldn't he be delisted like a certain one time Kiwis hooker? Both were on criminal charges, one has a repeated history of it. The other now can't play in the NRL.

latu punched a female in the face, it was an act of violence
carney drove a car unlisenced and didnt stop when he was directed to... worlds appart, same reason Tilse was deregistered and same reason Wes Naquima was not.

Iafeta

Referee
Not saying there's not a difference, but Tevita Latu wasn't on his last warning for repeatitive disciplinary issues. When does last warning turn to a watered down slap on the wrist? When you're the hope of a side?

What if Latu was leading the Dally Ms? I would hope Cronulla and the NRL wouldn't have acted any differently, unlike Canberra who have on the basis of his form and importance to the club.

Soft.

Evergreen

Juniors
Iafeta said:
Not saying there's not a difference, but Tevita Latu wasn't on his last warning for repeatitive disciplinary issues. When does last warning turn to a watered down slap on the wrist? When you're the hope of a side?

What if Latu was leading the Dally Ms? I would hope Cronulla and the NRL wouldn't have acted any differently, unlike Canberra who have on the basis of his form and importance to the club.

Soft.

Sorry, but this just seems like a pointless argument.

Raider_69 said:
latu punched a female in the face, it was an act of violence

End of story.

innsaneink

Referee
Raider_69 said:
Yep, and we're proud as punch about it :D
i think his suspension will depend on how well we go, a month would be the minimum, but if we lose our next 3, id bank on him being there for the 4th game

Why would you be proud?

Happy - I could understand...but proud hes dragged the game and your club thru the mud, proud he's shown your club up for the weak, spineless, rabble they are.

Oh yeh, youre from penrith

Stick that one up your collective asses Tigers & Knights fans. You vultures simply can't swoop on the best young 5/8 in the game now.

Like the great Tony Soprano said...."there's no geographical solution to an emotional problem."

Raider_69

Post Whore
innsaneink said:
Why would you be proud?

Happy - I could understand...but proud hes dragged the game and your club thru the mud, proud he's shown your club up for the weak, spineless, rabble they are.

Oh yeh, youre from penrith

Proud that we've got the bloke playing for us and not against us, proud that my club has developed this blokes exceptional talent. Very happy he has not be sacked, and confident we wont see any more of this stuff from todd again.

And dont kid yourself ink, if we'd have sacked him, you're club would have been one of the first to register interest in signing him, need at least one half who isnt made of glass. And that would be the stock standard definition of a "weak, spineless, rabble"

and yes i am from penrith and proud of that too, so you're thoughts on the matter dont bother me one iota :cool:

RABK

Referee
Thank god Carney didn't kill anyone, i think that's the thing that's missed in all of this.

'Oh he was only drink driving, it wasn't an act of violence like Latu's punch'

In 34% of cases Drink Driving doesn't kill the offender, it kills another innocent motorist or pedestrian. It could have been a whole lot worse, especially because he is a repeat offender.

RABK

Referee
Bobby DIGital said:
Stick that one up your collective asses Tigers & Knights fans. You vultures simply can't swoop on the best young 5/8 in the game now.

Like the great Tony Soprano said...."there's no geographical solution to an emotional problem."

We already have the best young Five-Eight/Half in the comp, you know the one starting a long Origin career and not facing time.

Red and Blue Knight said:
We already have the best young Five-Eight/Half in the comp, you know the one starting a long Origin career and not facing time.

oh the one that FAILED in origin 1?

Carney should of been selected and then this wouldn't of happened. :lol:

RABK

Referee
Bobby DIGital said:
oh the one that FAILED in origin 1?

Carney should of been selected and then this wouldn't of happened. :lol:

No the one that showed why is a class act on and off the field. The one that was failed by his forwards and his own kicking game.

Why should Carney be selected, perhaps Ivan Milat into the front row will add a bit of menance that the QLD's would fear. Let's give chopper a call too aye.

I don't think the NSW selectors are interested in criminals for the time been, maybe next year if he can clean up his act - which i hope he can.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Red and Blue Knight said:

and didnt he start well? :lol:
fair dinkum, he must of had a scope on the end of his boot, could not have picked the QLD back three any better if he tried! :lol:

As i said elsewhere, i believe CWB said it best when refering to Todd Carney and weather the Knights needed Todd Carney

CWBush said:
A player who is, all bias aside, better than Jarrod Mullen? Yes, yes we do.

RABK

Referee
Raider_69 said:
and didnt he start well? :lol:
fair dinkum, he must of had a scope on the end of his boot, could not have picked the QLD back three any better if he tried! :lol:

As i said elsewhere, i believe CWB said it best when refering to Todd Carney and weather the Knights needed Todd Carney

So you take one Knights fan opinion as gospel....Twice!

Wow! Game, set, Match! And what's the weather got to do with this? :LOL:

You're a plonker.

RABK

Referee
Mullen made his Origin debut at 20...only 30 first grade games in....Carney if he debuts next year will be 22 and about 60 first grade games in. :LOL:

Mullen always was a class and step above Carney.

Did anyone read the MX the day before the origin side was selected - 'Todd Carney - don't forget me!" :LOL:

How could we after what he did that friday night - perhaps it was jealously of Jarrod and all his success that drove Carney to do such stupid things.

All you canberra fans talk about a Carney/Mullen combo in years to come...it'll be a Mullen at half, Farah at hooker that NSW will dominate with in years to come.

ToiletDuck said:
Mullen failed? So would thurtston have after 8 first grade games...but look where he is now.

Tool.

LMFAO @ You.

Mullen only got in because of the Johns influence.

Rd 3 Raiders vs Knights.....both Carney and Dobson made Mullen (and Johns for that matter) look like fools.

Latest posts