What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todd Carney

nrlnrl

First Grade
I have no problem with signing Carney on a 1 year deal. Having Widdop and Carney off contract at seasons end would allow us to go a new direction if we wanted to and we could hit the market aggressively and snag someone like Pearce or Johnson to partner up with say Jack Bird for the 2018 season. I have a feeling Widdop will go back to England.
Johnson won't play for another NRL club & Pearce is going to sign a long-term contract with the Roosters (will only play for them in the NRL). That leaves Bird. Who knows what his thinking will be with the Sharks.

DUB888

Juniors
Todd Carney's agent, David Riolo, has made a few calls to the NRL to inquire about Carney returning to the local game. It's safe to say he hasn't been overwhelmed by the reaction.

Carney has a big-dollar contract with Catalans for next year, but like a dozen or so players in the side he has been told he can look around for a new club if he wants to leave. Carney always wanted to finish his career in the NRL on his terms. It's going to take a significant shift from the NRL to allow that to happen.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ess-in-nrl-investigation-20160924-grnru5.html

monsterkev

Juniors
forget about carney and everyone else it will not happen
the club has already decided that drew hutchinson will be the half for 2017
i know a lot of the forum members wanted to promote juniors but is this the right decision based on the shit season we have just had
if we lose say the first 6 games who will be to blame hutch due to his lack of experience and cohesion with widdop and our season would have already ended by that stage
all the players being talked about are either dickheads or over rated anyway
another bad year would be disastrous
this also make me think mary will still be coach as the club have not showed any signs of fixing the problems

FlameThrower

Bench
forget about carney and everyone else it will not happen
the club has already decided that drew hutchinson will be the half for 2017
i know a lot of the forum members wanted to promote juniors but is this the right decision based on the shit season we have just had
if we lose say the first 6 games who will be to blame hutch due to his lack of experience and cohesion with widdop and our season would have already ended by that stage
all the players being talked about are either dickheads or over rated anyway
another bad year would be disastrous
this also make me think mary will still be coach as the club have not showed any signs of fixing the problems
That's fine , then no membership from me and I'd say a lot of ppl would do the same. Maybe the club thinks the offseason, summer holidays and cricket will trigger some form of mass amnesia on its fans.

Dragsters

First Grade
If we don't sign a half, and it doesn't look likely at this stage that we will and Nona, Hutch and McCrone (who is now a hooker in the Cutters) aren't going to make the cut, then logically Mann would be the choice as a 5/8 and move Widdop to 7.
However, this all depends on who is coach and what plans he has for the team.

I agree. This should be the way forward if we don't don't sign a half.

But, remember that it never dawned on the current coach to shift widdop to half in order to play the natural 5/8 (marshall) in his preferred position after watching the attack splutter along for 2 & 1/2 seasons!

Not once.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I agree. This should be the way forward if we don't don't sign a half.

But, remember that it never dawned on the current coach to shift widdop to half in order to play the natural 5/8 (marshall) in his preferred position after watching the attack splutter along for 2 & 1/2 seasons!

Not once.

McGregor couldn't visualise what he was to have for dinner, yet alone make decisions about the team he coaches. There were several instances this year that beggared belief and showed he definitely cannot se past his own nose. Widdop/Marshall was just 1, persisting with Lafai was another.
The man has no vision, no decision making skills and no ability to understand the complexities of coaching. If he remains as coach we can only expect mediocrity and the reality of that will be finishing 2017 in 13-16th place.

Latest posts