What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todd Greenberg has got to go!

Are you happy with Greenberg's performance as CEO?

• Yes

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • No

Votes: 86 85.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 9 8.9%

• Total voters

This Year?

Immortal
Big no from me. The NRL is rudderless with stupid rule changes, poor refereeing standards, player behaviour, no expansion, a poor media deal and an overall bad perception from the public.

It hurts seeing the game I love being used and abused by so many people and it's the ones who love the game most that get hurt most.

We need a saviour and it's not going to be Toddles. Sadly, I can't even think of anyone who could fix the mess that our game is in. Someone who has a genuine love and respect for the game would be a good start.

Saxon

Bench
Don't fire someoone without a replacement.

Who is a legitimate alternative (that is qualified and would take it)?
In some cases (like this one) I don't think it matters. The game is completely rudderless at the moment.

Not that I ever had much respect for him; but I lost what little I had when he gave a seriously drunk driver a character reference.

Mind you, the f**kin' beak deserves to be slapped silly for letting him off with what basically amounts to a "We're so sorry for wasting your time Mr Inglis. Please allow me to give you this..."

Large-Inmate-Get-Out-Of-Jail-Free-Card.jpg

Last edited:

gerg

Juniors
Could be worse, could be better. If he doesn't show a bit of backbone after the recent threats he has to go. If he does back it up, consistently, he'll have my support.

Tiger5150

Bench
Don't fire someoone without a replacement.

Who is a legitimate alternative (that is qualified and would take it)?

Peter V'Landys

Easiest decision ever.

Or failing that, here is an idea.....open it up to applicants and get headhunters on the job to get the best, most qualified instead of the bullshit, behind closed doors rubbish that got Greenberg the job.

I am not that much of a conspiracy theorist but the way Greenberg got the job, and his performance since seriously screams sockpuppet to me.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
We left kickby all those years ago to get players paid, mainly if injured could feed the family.

Blokes get paid a lot now, kickby sold out went professional.

Hell even back just 20-30 years ago blokes played for peanuts.

Yet all the CEOs are shyte.

Seems none of them can stop dickheads being dickheads.

So for me, things are humming along.

Lebbo73

Bench
I've been unhappy with him from the start but especially so after it was revealed he gave Scott Seward a reference for the Eels job and then used him as an inside source against the eels.
He is terrible and the guy he replaced was going to be good (Smith).
But Greenberg isnt the problem, he is in place because he is who the clubs want. The clubs are the problem.
If he placed a mole to catch them out I might have to change my vote from undecided to yes.

Tiger5150

Bench
Acting - sure. Installed as permanent? I imagine the constitution of the ARLC would be against it.

I wouldnt actually worry about it Timmah, Its a pretty wide hypothetical. no sign that Todd is going to get rissoled yet......

You really like him dont you?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I wouldnt actually worry about it Timmah, Its a pretty wide hypothetical. no sign that Todd is going to get rissoled yet......

You really like him dont you?
I'm literally debating whether or not a board would be able to install a board member as CEO. That's all.

Whether Todd stays or goes is irrelevant and I actually couldn't care either way. The next CEO will, in time (or immediately) suffer the same fate - hatred from fans and demands to go.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Let me help you
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_V'landys

he is also currently on the "independent" RL Commission so he qualifies as a "rugby league man"...except ( and this is the bit that makes me think he is perfect) the club CEO's are trying to get him kicked off.

Give me a guy that has the wheels to try to do what the game needs and not what the clubs want.

Vlad was rhe NRL club choice. They arent trying to kick him off, he is their boy...

Chook Norris

First Grade
Vlad was rhe NRL club choice. They arent trying to kick him off, he is their boy...

The clubs love him which is not exactly a good sign. I'd heard great things about him but having since heard him speak, he comes across as callous and a bit reckless. Comes off as doing anything to sell a product for a quick buck...