What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todd Greenberg has got to go!

Are you happy with Greenberg's performance as CEO?

• Yes

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • No

Votes: 86 85.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 9 8.9%

• Total voters

TheVelourFog

First Grade
The All Stars concept is treated as an afterthought so can't blame anyone for not giving a shit about it

don't even know who the teams are to be honest

Saxon

Bench
Could be argued that AFLX on Friday night was the AFL's own version of a meaningless (competitively anyway) pre-season event, like NRL All Stars.

AFLX
Combined FTA metro, regional & Fox = 512,000

NRL All Stars
Combined FTA metro, regional & Fox = 552,000
Just out of curiosity, I'd be interested to know how many viewers the trials attracted on the NRL and club websites.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Just out of curiosity, I'd be interested to know how many viewers the trials attracted on the NRL and club websites.
I watched all of them, not sure about others. NRL's promotion of it on social was utterly pisspoor.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
According to ABC news he said in court that he has been all around to world to see how other sports like the NBA and NFL deal with such off field behaviour and discipline.

So by "all around the world" he means he's been to America

insert.pause

First Grade
The rule itself is evidence of the need for it, if the nrl’s reputation wasn’t suffering why would they do anything? Debelin bringing up the dragons sponsorship revenue & membership numbers are irrelevant, because he didn’t play, because of the rule.

Spot On

Coach
Sounds like court went well today Todd.

What a muppet, along with whoever advises them.

But, but...

Haven't you heard???

Todd can't do a good job because no one before him has done any better and he can't do a good job because the IC won't allow him to.

Enter the 2 Greenburger supporters to back my claims up!

Perth Red

Post Whore
I’m more than happy for a player charged with a very serious crime to be sat out until the trial. I hope nrl wins this one

snogard6

Juniors
I’m more than happy for a player charged with a very serious crime to be sat out until the trial. I hope nrl wins this one
What if Jack for instance doesn’t have a contract for next year, and is 100% innocent and later proven that in court but 2 years later?

no name

Coach
I think the NRL is trying to put the horse before the cart.

I understand that they don’t want to damage the image of the game and

But at this point in time, de Belin claims innocence, therefore maintains that innocence until proven guilty. If he is found guilty than obviously he gets banned for life.

The real damage to the game is if players are found guilty of a crime of a certain nature and are ever allowed back. The Matt Lodge case comes to mind.

I think sponsors and fans are being unreasonable if they want action before due process has taken place.

Shark62

Juniors
I think the NRL is trying to put the horse before the cart.

I understand that they don’t want to damage the image of the game and

But at this point in time, de Belin claims innocence, therefore maintains that innocence until proven guilty. If he is found guilty than obviously he gets banned for life.

The real damage to the game is if players are found guilty of a crime of a certain nature and are ever allowed back. The Matt Lodge case comes to mind.

I think sponsors and fans are being unreasonable if they want action before due process has taken place.
So is that good for the NRL then??
none of this is good. He put himself in this position not the nrl. The nrl has a broader agenda protecting its image in a competitive market.
I have no sympathy for a bloke on this money finding himself in court on rape charges because he went on a night on the piss in Wollongong.