What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todd Lowrie

Agent Mulder

Bench
Cool one signing out of the way, Lowrie could kill it for us, You just dont know, I hope we sign Scott Hill next.

Jono078

Referee
Are you guys expected to sign another Knights player today?

Possibly Tolar (NO!!!) or Seage or Bailey?

Theyre all off contract..

James_Hardie

Juniors
strider said:
And lets not forget that a guy by the name of FuiFui Moimoi was pretty much a nuffy when he came to Parramatta - and what is he now? on of our best players.

Fui wasnt the first bloke we rushed out to sign after June 30.
Usually teams sign bigger $$ players first, then use what money they have left to pick up some solid "Lowrie" style players that are around.

Souths announce Asotasi, we announce Lowrie, who has their priorities in place?

We'd better have something else in mind that is being kept behind closed doors...

Bigfella

Coach
I have n oinformation ... but going by big statements Hagan has made about Seage in the past, and the current form of Thaiday and the young kid who debuted last Friday, plus the loss of McKinnon, it would far from surprise me if we picked up Seage.

The Colonel

Immortal
Hellsy said:
Jesus Christ people.... you criticise players before they have even bloody well played a game for us.

How do any of you know that this kid is not going to benefit HUGELY from playing alongside of Caylo and Hindy and such???

He is so young and can be so full of promise.... we have let players go that have gone on to be much better players as well, whats to say the same won't happen with this kid, at least he is young and enthusiastic......

Based on terms of what we have let go to sign, so far, Todd Lowrie the ledger is by far in the red. He may well prove to be a good signing. Players like Lowrie and Fui are signed on promise behind some bigger names, not necessarily the other way about.

The Colonel

Immortal
Jono078 said:
Are you guys expected to sign another Knights player today?

Possibly Tolar (NO!!!) or Seage or Bailey?

Theyre all off contract..

Lowrie is the only Knights player mentioned at this stage. He is the Newcastle player expected to be announced as our signing.

strider

Post Whore
James_Hardie said:
Fui wasnt the first bloke we rushed out to sign after June 30.
Usually teams sign bigger $$ players first, then use what money they have left to pick up some solid "Lowrie" style players that are around.

Souths announce Asotasi, we announce Lowrie, who has their priorities in place?

We'd better have something else in mind that is being kept behind closed doors...

oh "rushed" eh? .... FFS - get a grip dude! ... its one signing which just so happens to be our first

just bloody let things pan out mate .... maybe we won't get any big names??? - stiff sh*t, we'll have to make do with what we've got and try and get some youth to develop.

we've got some solid players already - if they turn up ready to play then we'll go alright

I would wait a few days after origin for the big news, but I can't begrudge the club and the player wanting to get press release and associated media out of the way first.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
:( I had a bad feeling we'd sign him. Hagan loves him, anytime he can get Lowrie into the starting team he does it, even at five-eighth.

But he's still fairly young so I won't put the "nuffy" stamp on him yet. I just hope we can do a bit better from now on..

The Colonel said:
Lowrie is the only Knights player mentioned at this stage. He is the Newcastle player expected to be announced as our signing.

HOW DO YOU ALL OF THIS INFOMATION ABOUT TODD LOWRIE IS THE ONLY PLAYER MENTIONED HOW DO YOU HE WAS THE ONLY ONE MENTIONED ?

James_Hardie

Juniors
strider said:
oh "rushed" eh? .... FFS - get a grip dude! ... its one signing which just so happens to be our first

just bloody let things pan out mate .... maybe we won't get any big names??? - stiff sh*t, we'll have to make do with what we've got and try and get some youth to develop.

we've got some solid players already - if they turn up ready to play then we'll go alright

I know i should let things "pan out", but "making do"!!.... uh, uh, that will be unacceptable. A club in our position doesnt have to "make do", you don't release a truck load of players, freeing up cash galore and then "make do".

parramatta_eels_123 said:
HOW DO YOU ALL OF THIS INFOMATION ABOUT TODD LOWRIE IS THE ONLY PLAYER MENTIONED HOW DO YOU HE WAS THE ONLY ONE MENTIONED ?

Do you really think these guys are going to give up their contacts within the club ??? :crazy:

The Colonel

Immortal
parramatta_eels_123 said:

Wait for the media release as to what is actually in it. Lowrie is the only name we know of. What the rest of it contains we don't know outside that there will also be the re-sgning of two players from the club.

Stagger eel

Staff member
James_Hardie said:
I know i should let things "pan out", but "making do"!!.... uh, uh, that will be unacceptable. A club in our position doesnt have to "make do", you don't release a truck load of players, freeing up cash galore and then "make do".

well, why don't you ring the club yourself and air your grievance, because some of us are getting a little fed up of your whinging.

Suitman

Post Whore
strider said:
maybe we won't get any big names??? - stiff sh*t, we'll have to make do with what we've got and try and get some youth to develop.

Strider, maybe we won't get any big names......you could be right.
But I don't think "stiff sh*t" will be the emotion that I will be feeling.

Suity

James_Hardie

Juniors
eelavation said:
well, why don't you ring the club yourself and air your grievance, because some of us are getting a little fed up of your whinging.

I tell you what, seeing as how you are in with "Zap" and his crew and are in the know, why don't you pass on my grievences for me...
;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)

Last time i checked, as long as i wasn't defaming anyone, i could post what ever i like. And i am pretty sure i am not the only one losing paitence with our club.

Latest posts