What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

tom burgess

rabbitohs95

Bench
Doing well in NSW Cup, better than George was this time last year.

I expect him to debut late in the year.

southsport

First Grade
Doing well in NSW Cup, better than George was this time last year.

I expect him to debut late in the year.

Better than George at the same time as last year???.........those two will be unstoppable if they get on the park together!!!

Last edited:

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
Scored a very George esque try on saturday, barging through a few to score. His work rate and minutes are picking up. I think he may get a run during the origin period. It will be a sight to behold, especially if he and george both come on after 20 minutes

Noa

First Grade
There seems to be a feeling amongst alot of Souths fans that because Tom and George are twins Tom will be as good as George.

Its extremely rare for 2 brothers to be as good as each other and even rarer for twins Id guess.

Tom may be a good first grader but Id be very suprised if he's in the same class as his brother. You can see in Georges runs and that he has something that goes beyond genetics.

I think that most Souths fans are going off the opinion of the English fans who saw them play in the juniors and Super League back in the old dart.

The reports before they came over were that of Sam's three brothers, Tom was by far the most promising. George was seen as only slightly less promising than Tom and Luke was thought of as someone who would play a lot of games for Norths.

Imagine our surprise when Luke cracked first grade and made a good fist of it... Now you can understand why Richo went so hard to get the twins here as well.

BunniesMan

Immortal
They will be worth 2 million + of cap space in a couple years and we'll have them for about half of that because we are the only club they could play together for and that alone is worth a lot to a family as close as them. This is a big key to ensuring our sustained success over the next few years.

Noa

First Grade
Not sure about that. From memory George has always been rated the superior player, and by a fair margin.

Dogmatix

Juniors
Noa is correct

George is the twin who was always supposed to be the better of the two

But you can judge it with your own eyes. Both twins played on the same ground last Saturday. Tom went OK in the NSW Cup game earlier in the day. But George went great in the NRL match later that night. George is several classes above Tom. Not that this is any disgrace as George is absolute top class

George is fast over the ground for his size. Tom is not. Tom looks a bit slow in defence and this would be why supercoach Maguire is keeping him in NSW Cup as it is where he belongs for the moment

George was better in NSW Cup last year too than what Tom is now

t10do

Juniors
He didn't seem to have the best hands at the start of the season (several shocking knock-ons...even for nsw cup) but he seemed to have really improved in this area. I also think it is unfair to compare him to George.

As an individual, yeah, I reckon he may get a run sometime this year. IMO, the likes of Tyrrell have not really impressed n the last few weeks and I would not complain if for example he replaced him.

aqua_duck

Coach
Maybe the opposition might give him too much respect if they mistaken him for George if they play together

Big Sam

First Grade
As an individual, yeah, I reckon he may get a run sometime this year. IMO, the likes of Tyrrell have not really impressed n the last few weeks and I would not complain if for example he replaced him.
I had hoped Tyrrell would turn into another Luke Stuart but unfortunately he rarely makes over 5m/hitup.

Maybe the opposition might give him too much respect if they mistaken him for George if they play together

How do we know George and Tom haven't been swapping around all this time?

t10do

Juniors
I had hoped Tyrrell would turn into another Luke Stuart but unfortunately he rarely makes over 5m/hitup.

I really do think he did some great things for us with our transition from Lang to Madge, but I am glad to see that other people seemed to have picked up on his lack of.....go forward. When Madge named him at prop (starting prop for that matter) for a couple of games earlier on, it did raise my eyebrows. And he just seemed to get physically weaker as the game went on. Yeah, so in that sense, why not give Tom a go as somebody to carry the ball up the middle? Leave the try scoring to his twin.

Tell you what though, Tom will have to first show that he is deserves it more than Sterling at the moment.

Red Bear

Referee
Was pleased to see Starling got a run.

Tom has been good for Norths so far. George was strong the two years he played for us. Tom Looked to have improved alot between round 3 and against Newtown (the second time I saw him play) so I think he'll end up in first grade, maybe not this year but eventually.

Big man

Juniors
Was pleased to see Starling got a run.

Tom has been good for Norths so far. George was strong the two years he played for us. Tom Looked to have improved alot between round 3 and against Newtown (the second time I saw him play) so I think he'll end up in first grade, maybe not this year but eventually.

Tom will play in the NRL by round 17, you can bank on it.

southsport

First Grade
I really do think he did some great things for us with our transition from Lang to Madge, but I am glad to see that other people seemed to have picked up on his lack of.....go forward. When Madge named him at prop (starting prop for that matter) for a couple of games earlier on, it did raise my eyebrows. And he just seemed to get physically weaker as the game went on. Yeah, so in that sense, why not give Tom a go as somebody to carry the ball up the middle? Leave the try scoring to his twin.

Tell you what though, Tom will have to first show that he is deserves it more than Sterling at the moment.

I think you mean Starling.........yeah he looked good to me in the knights game.

t10do

Juniors
Yeah.

He also seems to have a bit more of a competitive streak in him which can only endear him to fans/coaches.

He didn't set the world on fire vs the knights he but did what he was asked to do, especially defensively imo. Tom is more than likely the better meter maker, but I am not sure about his defense.

rabbitohs95

Bench
At some point this year i'd like to see Tom and Luke take Roy and Jeff's places in the team. They'd give more of a work rate and have much more impact imo.

Latest posts