What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tom Humbleeee

84 Baby

Referee
So did Lee Oudenryn. Didn't make him a great league player.
Yeah but if it weren't for his speed he wouldn't have played first grade at all. Proves my point really. I'm not saying Humble will be the greatest player of all time, just he has an advantage in speed. You can teach are person to pass or kick better or how to tackle, but you can't teach players experience, how to think under pressure or how to run faster. You can make them stronger and teach them to reach their speed capacity but this will only shave a couple of milliseconds off their running time.

P.S. Lee Oudenryn WAS a great player! You heretic!

Stagger eel

Staff member
Definately has potential but nothing in that footage to show he is an instant superstar. Some people on here are too quick to label player in lower grades in this way. It takes more than talent in lower grades to make an NRL team and his path is blocked by Mortimer, Keating and Robson to make it in the halves. Unless Mortimer has an absolute shocker in all three trials or is injured Humble will not be in the 6 in round 1.

hold on!! who the hell said he was going to be an instant superstar...you have to read the posts properly buddy.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Strange, given that you responded to my post with that statement

Because I am agreeing with you and the first three words show that "That's my point"

And I am the one that needs to read posts more carefully :lol:

Oh and stagger you have described him as a freakish talent and his footwork as sensational.

There is no direct quote but the way he is constantly mentioned by a few forumites shows that the expectation is building. I don't want the same fate for him as others players that have come through with too much hype.

Everyone can watch highlight reels and see he shows potential but stability in the halves is important and like I said only if Mortimer is out and he blitzes everyone in all the trials would he be considered.

Raudonikis

Juniors
Because I am agreeing with you and the first three words show that "That's my point"

And I am the one that needs to read posts more carefully :lol:

Oh and stagger you have described him as a freakish talent and his footwork as sensational.

There is no direct quote but the way he is constantly mentioned by a few forumites shows that the expectation is building. I don't want the same fate for him as others players that have come through with too much hype.

Everyone can watch highlight reels and see he shows potential but stability in the halves is important and like I said only if Mortimer is out and he blitzes everyone in all the trials would he be considered.

after reading thru this thread i dont think anyoine has actually said he will be first grade to start with ER? so whats your point?

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Indeed, I would expect robo and Morts first go.

But in the end I can see

6. Humble
7. Mortimer

Just an outsiders view.

parra pete

Referee
Yeah but if it weren't for his speed he wouldn't have played first grade at all. Proves my point really. I'm not saying Humble will be the greatest player of all time, just he has an advantage in speed. You can teach are person to pass or kick better or how to tackle, but you can't teach players experience, how to think under pressure or how to run faster. You can make them stronger and teach them to reach their speed capacity but this will only shave a couple of milliseconds off their running time.

P.S. Lee Oudenryn WAS a great player! You heretic!

I rate Lee Oudenryn alongside Tim Smith in 'greatness'..not that my opinion counts for MUCH on here.

Note....rephrased the post, replacing ANYTHING with MUCH

Last edited:

Stagger eel

Staff member
I rate Lee Oudenryn alongside Tim Smith in 'greatness'..not that my opinion counts for anything on here.

so much so that we delete everything you post...

anyway, I think ER suffers from a bad case of junior phobia, I don't think he copes too well with talking about them.

BissyB

Juniors
I think KK is better than Mortz. Watching the Broncos game where we got hammered where he started at HB, KK made busts every time he had the ball. Very good footwork and good close kicking game. So we should have

7. KK (great runner and good short kicking game)
6. Mortimer (great ball runner, good in support and can kick well)

1. Hayne (name says it all, great long kicking game)
14. Humble to roam around injecting his speed at tired forwards.

btaag

Juniors
Earlier in the thread they said Humble would be a 33% chance of getting a run in first grade in the latter third of the season - I think that is the most realistic scenario.

Anderson would want to teach him a thing or two about the NRL and have him exposed to a higher level of football. If there are injuries he might get a go sooner.

Naturally he could go straight to first grade, but to be honest, I hope the players from last years' squad are good enough to set the platform for 2010. In many ways I see the addition of Poore and Shakleton as the real additions over those in the backline (including Timana). If we have a more dominant pack based less on Fui, we will win games. IN this context, hopefully Humble can come on late in the season and be blooded.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
so much so that we delete everything you post...

anyway, I think ER suffers from a bad case of junior phobia, I don't think he copes too well with talking about them.

No I just don't want to see inflated expectations on these young guys to affect them. How many times do we see a player talked up only to see the fans turn on them when they are not instant superstars.

Stagger eel

Staff member
No I just don't want to see inflated expectations on these young guys to affect them. How many times do we see a player talked up only to see the fans turn on them when they are not instant superstars.

don't give me this instant superstar bullsh*t!!! :lol:

if people can't share an opinion based on a players performance based on the current level he is playing at that don't bother reading...NO ONE!! has said that Humble will be an instant superstar, not many have said that he'll be in the 17 come round 1, but people acknowledge that he is a talent and a guy that excelled at the level he played at last year, which many good judges claim is the second best RL competition in the country.

getb over it.

fish eel

Immortal
tbh anyone could look like a star on youtube.

how about we just reserve judgement until, you know, we see him play.

Stagger eel

Staff member
tbh anyone could look like a star on youtube.

how about we just reserve judgement until, you know, we see him play.

but then again, you don't see a bloke making 25 tackles and 15 offloads in a highlights reel do you??

do you suggest a blanket ban on opinions towards players under the age of 20?

fish eel

Immortal
but then again, you don't see a bloke making 25 tackles and 15 offloads in a highlights reel do you??

do you suggest a blanket ban on opinions towards players under the age of 20?

No, but it's crazy to rate a kid off youtube.

I can slice up a killler Ben Kusto highlights reel if I was inclined.

How many of us have seen this kid play?

Latest posts