What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tom Symonds and Luke O Donnell

BrotherJim05

Bench
Both these players are off contract, any word if Tigers are considering signing them? We lack impact in the back row so these players would add plenty of depth and would only require 1 year contracts (so we won't impede our salary cap war chest for 2015).

Thoughts?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
No to LOD.

Symonds would be great.

As far as I know, we aren't talking to any players. I think the club is hoping to make a play at a big name player next off season

A Stray Alien

Juniors
Read the clubs comings and goings in todays tele crap and there are heap of good players with no club for 2014 and if it gets desperate for some there could be good cheap pick up for clubs.

Do not no why we let santi go played good the other morning for the eye ties he was every where work rate was good for the amount of game time he got

Hope we are not one of the clubs looking at groth jnr what a wast that ishes harts never been in it

Bench
Read the clubs comings and goings in todays tele crap and there are heap of good players with no club for 2014 and if it gets desperate for some there could be good cheap pick up for clubs.

Do not no why we let santi go played good the other morning for the eye ties he was every where work rate was good for the amount of game time he got

Hope we are not one of the clubs looking at groth jnr what a wast that ishes harts never been in it
Grothe is supposedly going to cronulla.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member

I've no idea, and I don't think the club knows yet.

Just something I heard ages ago.

They want to free up some coin to make a play for any top line player they feel fits the clubs needs for 2015.

BrotherJim05

Bench
If we don't spend all our salary cap for 2014, is there some sort of roll-over for 2015? Or is there any way of front-loading salaries for 2014 so that in 2015 we will have a ridiculous monster of a war chest.

If things can pan out this way one way or another, we should be able to sign some big big players. Fifita is off contract in 2015 I think....I wonder if he would ever consider coming back.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
If we don't spend all our salary cap for 2014, is there some sort of roll-over for 2015? Or is there any way of front-loading salaries for 2014 so that in 2015 we will have a ridiculous monster of a war chest.

If things can pan out this way one way or another, we should be able to sign some big big players. Fifita is off contract in 2015 I think....I wonder if he would ever consider coming back.

That ship has sailed me thinks.

bellyache

Bench

Lots of clubs will start follow the Roosters formula for success, fans always want instant success. WT have a good coach and plenty of great young talent that debut in 2013, they also got rid of the last of the Beau knows crew. 2 tough forwards and a bit more depth in the centres would do wonders..