What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tomikins confirmed today?

Juju

Juniors
A few Warriors are welcoming Tomkins on twitter - announced at the Manu testimonial lunch.
Interesting...

Warmess

Juniors
Yeah it's sounding like it's a done deal. Auctioned off a jersey he signed and everything I'm hearing. Should be an official announcement soon.

Juju

Juniors
Actually just heard from a journalist at the do - its a practical joke by Mara, Gubb and Sam lousi on twitter.
Idiots

Meth

Staff member
A few Warriors are welcoming Tomkins on twitter - announced at the Manu testimonial lunch.
Interesting...

Links please?

I don't follow any of them, because it tends to be about them eating Chinese and calling each other 'dox'

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Links please?

I don't follow any of them, because it tends to be about them eating Chinese and calling each other 'dox'

Don't be such a buzzkill. I've started to incorporate "dox" and "#OUA" into my daily lexicon (you have to pronounce the hashtag).

Mike0070

Juniors
Tompkins Rumour made it onto the footy show last night , I agree though , if he's coming then just announce it.

WellsNZ

Juniors
Wonder if Molan/Footy Show actually know something or just bit on the "practical joke".

I would think these guys need to be careful that stuff like this could potentially jeopardize the move.

Rich102

Staff member
Fresh reports say that Wigan Warriors fullback Sam Tomkins has been confirmed as the Warriors' marquee signing for the next year's NRL season.
The Warriors can't officially announce they've landed their long-term target until next weekend but players agent Jim Banaghan's says he's got the inside story.
"The Warriors have signed Tomkins but they're not allowed to announce it until after Wembley because it's super secret and there's a trade-off between the Wigan Warriors and the New Zealand Warriors that can't be announced until the Challenge Cup final next Saturday," Banaghan says.
Tomkins is being touted at the next Billy Slater and will head to the Warriors with a rumoured transfer fee over $900,000

Read more: http://www.3news.co.nz/Reports-Warr...5/articleID/309243/Default.aspx#ixzz2cAHNVtjR

Interesting. I wonder what the "trade-off" is? Could it be Locke?

Diesel

Referee
I hope it's not Locke or TL, other than those two it could be the Fish???,

however this is good news.

Penrose11

Juniors
What price either Locke or Fish to the Doggies if Tomkins deal is confirmed? Des will be desprate to find a replacement for Barba

Rich102

Staff member
OK. The Challenge Cup is out of the way.
Do we get a Tomkins announcement sometime soon?

The game was a messy affair - about 30 errors by fulltime.
Wigan won, 16 - 0 I think.
Not Tomkins finest game though he did score the last try.

Meth

Staff member
OK. The Challenge Cup is out of the way.
Do we get a Tomkins announcement sometime soon?

The game was a messy affair - about 30 errors by fulltime.
Wigan won, 16 - 0 I think.
Not Tomkins finest game though he did score the last try.

The Mole reckons within 3 weeks

SilentOne

Juniors
The holdup is, he might not be coming.

Tomkins going nowhere

Long ago we just started assuming that Sam Tomkins was joining the New Zealand Warriors next year. At one point, his coach at Wigan, Shaun Wane, was supposed to be going as well. Now Wane has had his tenure at DW Stadium extended by another year as a result of Sunday morning's Challenge Cup final victory. And Wane says his fullback is going nowhere. ''He's a contracted player with us,'' Wane told Set Of Six. ''I'm hoping he's going to be here next year and I don't see that changing''. Teammate Blake Green said he had a gut feeling on Tomkins' intentions but did not say what it was. Parramatta-bound Lee Mossop reckoned Tomkins was ''a closed book''. What did the man himself say? Nothing. Media were kicked out of Wembley before he emerged from the dressing rooms.

Latest posts