What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

tony williams =

Eagle_Rocker

Juniors
:lol: He is the next big thing and an amazing talent, until Manly sign him and now he is over rated :crazy:

Let him prove himself either way before we call him the best or write him off. After a pre-season of training and a few 1st grade games off the wing under Hasler, then we'll see how he goes.

Ryan

Juniors
Forget Tony Williams this year. IMO, DAVID Williams has made a much bigger and better impact. I love the way this kid plays. Just looks like he's having a ball.

Now THERE'S a subject worthy of rookie of the year !

Timbo

Staff member
I'm pretty happy with Justin Carney - he has great strength and power, the ability to bounce tacklers off him aswell, can find gaps and such. Also seems to be solid in defence and under the high ball...

I think it'll come down to Carney or Williams for rookie of the year.

sooperdooper

First Grade
playing 10 to 12 games will not work for these guys...the rookie will be someone who has alot of games under his belt. eg: Matt Keating

Eels Dude

Coach
playing 10 to 12 games will not work for these guys...the rookie will be someone who has alot of games under his belt. eg: Matt Keating

That seems to be the trend. Jarryd Hayne is the only rookie of the year recently to have not started the season in first grade. Even he played 17 or 18 games in 2006 though.

Dutchy

Immortal
Forget Tony Williams this year. IMO, DAVID Williams has made a much bigger and better impact. I love the way this kid plays. Just looks like he's having a ball.

Now THERE'S a subject worthy of rookie of the year !

I love Robbo and Bani. But I would take Dave Williams over either at the moment.

Hope he is a Sea Eagle for a long time.

Sir Biffo

Bench
Why wasn't Tony Williams in the Telegraph poll for greatest player?

2 games at winger - please. Once people work him out we'll see if he's just a flash in the pan or a serious first grader.

Syren

Juniors
That seems to be the trend. Jarryd Hayne is the only rookie of the year recently to have not started the season in first grade. Even he played 17 or 18 games in 2006 though.

My money is on Keating as well unless either Williams or Carney have 2 barnstorming months.

Tommax25

Bench
Lyon plays one good game in amoung 35 sh*t ones, he is a flop and is enjoying the money he has made from Eng and noe Manly for doing jacksh*t but eating pie and chasing pigs.

Parramatta on the other hand have Hayne and Inu on less money then Lyon, yet both are far superior and younger. Enjoy our $600K fat lard :D

no has been consistent and played well this in a team tied top of the comp, and last year he didn't excite or perform overly well in the second best team but wasnt crap, ike I said not value for money but not crap.......your bias is really seeping through that post

Keating hasn't stood out at all. No rookie has...until Justin Carney's debut. It was the best debut for a rookie in a long time. Even better than Folau's last year Vs the Tigers. The race for rookie of the year is wide open. If Carney plays another 8-10 games like he did on sunday he'll win it easily.

miccle

Bench
I see shades of Leon Bott in this Tony Williams - they were both getting talked up very early in their careers.

The NSW Cup should get ready...

Patorick

Staff member
Umm, Bott is like 5'3. And a speed bump/turnstile in defence. I think that comparison is a bit much miccle.

sooperdooper

First Grade
Keating hasn't stood out at all. No rookie has...until Justin Carney's debut. It was the best debut for a rookie in a long time. Even better than Folau's last year Vs the Tigers. The race for rookie of the year is wide open. If Carney plays another 8-10 games like he did on sunday he'll win it easily.

have not watched eels games have you?

did you not see jordan atkins 4 try debut for titans?