What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tony Zappia on 1269 Talkin Sport today at 4.30pm

spider

Coach
If we want to keep Zappia lets tell him. Start writing him.
no - issue him a contract with 14 days to sign it or hit the road

the parra debacle with fitzy will drag into legal proceedings no doubt

simple stuff really - surely the administration can think of that!!!

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Mate, we've all got doubts. Its got me buggered how they are going to raise $110 million. Can you really see it happening?

Not if we have to rely on the Shire Sharks fans to invest in the Woolaware Property Group.
Shire Sharks fans would prefer to spend the money on hair gel & mirrors.

Fuddy

Juniors
It's looking ugly gang - if the move doesn't happen 2010 may be unlikely.

Everyone that can needs to be at the next home game and support!!

samshark

Juniors
Its a done deal and I reckon its all set in stone that we will end up there permanently as the Central Coast sharks. By doing it this way you reduce the anger from the Shire and also allow the Central Coasters to warm to the club. As Frenzy has said this has been disussed for a while. There is also supposedly a rich Max Delmarge type fella involved who is pushing the Central Coast wagon.

I can live with it. Better there than not at all.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I highly doubt it is set in stone. We have put ourselves in a position incase it needs to be.
2013 will see a new team on the central coast. It will be the Bears. Brisbane mk11 will be the other. This is a strategic move that will increase the bottom line of the Sharks by at least 1 million a year.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I highly doubt it is set in stone. We have put ourselves in a position incase it needs to be.
2013 will see a new team on the central coast. It will be the Bears. Brisbane mk11 will be the other. This is a strategic move that will increase the bottom line of the Sharks by at least 1 million a year.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Its a done deal and I reckon its all set in stone that we will end up there permanently as the Central Coast sharks. By doing it this way you reduce the anger from the Shire and also allow the Central Coasters to warm to the club. As Frenzy has said this has been disussed for a while. There is also supposedly a rich Max Delmarge type fella involved who is pushing the Central Coast wagon.

I can live with it. Better there than not at all.
John Singo?

bartman

Immortal

feeding frenzy

Juniors

No blacktip 2013 wont see a central coast team unless it is the central coast sharks. the bears have no chance of getting a team set up on the coast were are they going to get the corporate finance from businesses on the central coast ,flow admitited this morning on radio he hopes to have businness from the north sydney area support a central coast team no chance of that happening , look at the northern eagles bussinesses from the beaches droped like flies when they wernt playing all there games on the beaches. the central coast beers will never happen , central coast sharks will look odds on this afternoon when the NRL refuses to allow them a partial grant to play just 5 games.

carcharias

Immortal

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
No blacktip 2013 wont see a central coast team unless it is the central coast sharks. the bears have no chance of getting a team set up on the coast were are they going to get the corporate finance from businesses on the central coast ,flow admitited this morning on radio he hopes to have businness from the north sydney area support a central coast team no chance of that happening , look at the northern eagles bussinesses from the beaches droped like flies when they wernt playing all there games on the beaches. the central coast beers will never happen , central coast sharks will look odds on this afternoon when the NRL refuses to allow them a partial grant to play just 5 games.

Gallop, & Florimo are working together to make it happen by the time the next TV deal starts. The other person helping has made it happen before. The bears will be on the central coast, 100%

Stuey Topper

Juniors
There are wider ramifications here. My biggest concern is our recruitment drive this year

We need some aggresive props, a creative hooker and 3-4 electric backs

Are players on the market going to want to come to a club whose future is under a massive cloud? I suggest not; I think they will take considerably less to go to a club where they are certain of their pay cheque

Inferno

Coach
On the flip side, there are a number of CC players running around in the NRL, perhaps some might enjoy playing in front of friends and family.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
The NRL will come to the party & guarantee player payments if clubs fold. That is around the corner & will take that concern away from players.
Also the underwwriting of the NRL is not really that much. By under writing the games to the tune of say$100k & the crowd we get is $80k, the NRL just chip in $20k that is on top of the $100k from blue tongue. The hold up might be that blue tongue is not Toyota Park. I'm sure they are not happy.
The other hold up is, I dont think bluetongue pay that $100k at any rate. I think the NRL do.

Dogs Of War

Coach
The NRL will come to the party & guarantee player payments if clubs fold. That is around the corner & will take that concern away from players.

How does it take away the concern of players? They still need to find a new club, and probably late in the year when not many clubs have cash left.

Also the underwwriting of the NRL is not really that much. By under writing the games to the tune of say$100k & the crowd we get is $80k, the NRL just chip in $20k that is on top of the $100k from blue tongue. The hold up might be that blue tongue is not Toyota Park. I'm sure they are not happy.
The other hold up is, I dont think bluetongue pay that $100k at any rate. I think the NRL do.

No Bluetounge pay that money ($100K). Sharks want the NRL to underwrite another $75K on top in case they don't make it in attendances, which is not fair on all other clubs in the league who don't get the same sort of offers when they take games to exotic locations. Just because you ask for it, doesn't mean it will happen, and how it affects the Bears on the coast remains to be seen, I can't see it being a good thing. Either go to the coast fulltime, or just face the inevitable and fold. It's not like you guys couldn't have the away matches to go to in Sydney to follow the club.

As for the Sharks ground, it's main problem is that it is just too far away from the train station, hard to get out of after the game by car. Just a crap spot overall. I know I hate going to that ground for those reasons.

Dogs Of War

Coach
I'm ok with you not coming.

Seems the rest of Sydney agrees given your attendances. Are you ok with them not coming either? Though Sharks supporters aren't known travellers anyhow, so it's pretty fair either way.

BTW Are you fine with me not coming because you think I am a lebanese?

Latest posts