What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Toot Toot

Horrie Is God

First Grade
And i backed old mate Dissident!!..

Massive day all up,backed Sweynesse & Hallowed Ground & had 21.66% of the Hallowed Ground First 4..

I am on my way to being pretty pissed (Just having my first Vodka & Red Bulls..they work) but i've got footy bets on, & multis going now..

Gotta strike while the irons hot..

BTW it's Toot Toot time next week..

http://www.racenet.com.au/news/103468/Cauthen-sparkles-in-Flemington-jumpout

Cauthen sparkles in Flemington jumpout

Darryl Sherer - 29/08/2014

A strong performance to win a jumpout at Flemington on Friday morning has New Zealand-visitor Cauthen ready to resume at Moonee Valley in nine days time.

Co-trainer Natalie Young declared herself very pleased with the 800 metre jumpout, run on the inside grass with the markers out four metres.

"Very happy with him. He jumped nicely, eased back in behind them then Ollie (Damien Oliver) gave him a little squeeze at the top of the straight and he kicked clear,” Young said.

"We wanted to give him a good hitout, he’s still pretty heavy but Damien (Oliver) was very positive and was happy with him.”

The Listed $120,000 Chandler McLeod Handicap (1200m) at Moonee Valley on September 6 is the likely starting point for Cauthen, winner of the Mitchell McKenzie Stakes when defeating Shamus Award and Long John around the circuit last season.

Young, who co-trains the son of Darci Brahma with partner Trent Busuttin, explained Cauthen had been in their stable less than a month.

"We got him a couple of weeks ago from Andrew Campbell and he had him in great condition, he come to us looking fantastic and at this stage we think he’s fit enough to go to Moonee Valley next Saturday,” she said.

"It’s probably going to be quite a tough race but he’s won at Moonee Valley before and the way he’s working is showing us he should be up there and running a good race.”

Cauthen is entered in the Cox Plate but will be aimed at the lucrative Group I sprints before the weight-for-age feature is given serious thought.

"We’re going to try and see is he can stretch out to a middle-distance but at this stage we’ll start him off at 1200 (metres) and then see where we go,” Yound said.

"There are races like the Sir Rupert Clarke and the Toorak (Handicap) but we’ll just get the first one out of the way and reassess from there.”

Evenflow

Bench
Evenflow how is Chivalry progressing heading into Spring?

Sorry mate wasn't being a rude prick, i've been away OS for the last 6 weeks and only got back Thursday so haven't been in much. There wasn't much to report with the horse other than he was in work. I actually came in last night and posted he was running tomorrow and how he was progressing but it was after a footy presentation and i was blind drunk so i don't know what the f**k happened to the post which i thought i posted :crazy:

I said in that post while i thought he was capable of finishing in the top few given he's really matured and was very impressive in his couple of jump outs, i honestly thought first up over 1200m would be a bit short and would do his best work late. We all saw/said last Spring that he'll be much better off over the mile so this one is just a massive bonus.

We knew he'd drop back from the wide gate as per trainer instructions so there was no surprise he was at the tail coming around the turn and even though i thought he could still win from there after what he showed last prep, again i also thought they might've been a bit nippy for him over 1200m so we were rapt with how impressive he was first up. Boss couldn't have been more impressed after the race and reckons he's the real deal so that was good to hear. It's very exciting and while it was a decent race, he's going to come up against higher class horses in the coming races so we're not getting too ahead of ourselves.

Where's Evenflow? Please tell me he's going to the Golden Rose??? :pray:

While i'd love nothing more than a trip up to Sydney for a crack at the Golden Rose LS, i've gotta tell you that at this it's highly unlikely he will be. There's a small possibility that might change but his ultimate goal is the Guineas and if all goes well that's where he's headed. The possibilities for a colt in regards to the value/breeding side of it should they win is just too hard to ignore.

He was $17 yesterday with Sportsbet for the Guineas and is now in to $6 fave with them and while i took the early odds i'm not sure i'd take the $6 atm given there's much water to go under the bridge before then.

His next start will most likely be over 1400m which from memory is the GR distance but it's most likely going to be in Melbourne sorry mate. We'll know more in the coming days as to how he pulled up and where the next start will be so i'll be sure to keep you all updated and give you more notice than what i did this time :?

Anyway i hope you all got on and won some cash and if not with any luck there's much more to come.

Last edited:

WaznTheGreat

Referee
And i backed old mate Dissident!!..

Massive day all up,backed Sweynesse & Hallowed Ground & had 21.66% of the Hallowed Ground First 4..

I am on my way to being pretty pissed (Just having my first Vodka & Red Bulls..they work) but i've got footy bets on, & multis going now..

Gotta strike while the irons hot..

BTW it's Toot Toot time next week..

http://www.racenet.com.au/news/103468/Cauthen-sparkles-in-Flemington-jumpout

I hope old mate Cauthen can get back to his best,first time i ever layed eyes on dat horse i thought he was a star,when he won at MV it was just a normal Sat race,turns out he beat a future Guineas and Cox Plate winner,he went derp after that.

Come on brah,do it for SBW and the rest of NZ

Lemon Squash

First Grade
All the best with him Evenflow, it's an ambition of so many people (including myself) just to own a share in a racehorse, but it is only a dream to have one in a horse as nice as your bloke... You are in for a fun ride that's for sure!

I only backed him for the GR due to the odds and I couldn't find any Guineas markets open at the time, filthy should have known they were too good to be true! :lol:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Wow wow wow. Hope every one loaded up on him in the features market. Awesome run.
:cool: That was a win yesterday, had a nice lash on him and got $7.80 up here on the tote.

As soon as he ran 3rd in the blue diamond Prelude i thought he was a Guinea's horse.

Evenflow

Bench
All the best with him Evenflow, it's an ambition of so many people (including myself) just to own a share in a racehorse, but it is only a dream to have one in a horse as nice as your bloke... You are in for a fun ride that's for sure!

I only backed him for the GR due to the odds and I couldn't find any Guineas markets open at the time, filthy should have known they were too good to be true! :lol:

Cheers mate, i've had a share in a few and have spent much more than i've made so i know how lucky i am. It more than likely won't happen again or it could all end tomorrow so you don't take anything for granted.

We've all lost money on the early markets before and feck knows i have lol but that's just the risk we take. As for the horse i've been told he pulled up a treat and didn't leave an oat which is always a good sign.

At this stage and the most likely option will be a listed 1400m race at Flemington in 2 weeks time which is called the Henry Bucks Stakes from memory. You'd have to think he'll be much better suited to the big tack and the long straight at Flemington over further so with any luck he keeps ticking over in work and takes plenty out of having a run under his belt.

Evenflow

Bench
I'm sure there'll be at least a couple more smart horses to come forward between now and the Guineas.

Evenflow

Bench
Just an update on our bloke. He's in on Saturday race 4 The living Legends stakes which was the Henry Bucks Stakes for the last 5 years or so but they changed it this year.

As you'd expect he's come on in his fitness and conditioning with a race under his belt and his work has been very good. Drawn 8 of 12 which isn't really an issue given he'll drop back to the tail as he usually does anyway. I think the big long straight of Flemington will suit him well and especially going out to 1400m, he's only had the one start there on his first start for a second but he's a much improved and matured horse since then.

The field looks to be a pretty even lot and similar in class as the McNeil with a few of the same horses as well as a few more that are coming from a decent race in the McKenzie at the Valley so with any luck he should be in the top couple again and hopefully sneak another win.

Divan is a bit of a worry of course, well bred and has star quality written all over him so that'll be interesting. If both horse stay sound it'll be the first of (at least) 3 races between them along with the Guineas Prelude where i know we're going next so would assume Divan will as well and then to the Guineas so it'd be nice to get one up on him early if possible.

That said he's only one horse to beat any horse on any given day can roll you. There's always going to be some very good ones in the lead up races and the deeper you go into Spring so there's certainly no easy races.

Horrie Is God

First Grade
You must be pumped EF..i reckon you are going to have some serious fun with the colt..

I dream of the day i've got one with similar potential..

Good luck mate..

andrew057

First Grade
Great stuff EF. I'm on. My money has been known to slow down many a horse before so hopefully he's ready to go Saturday.

Latest posts