What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Toot Toot

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Makes it a little more interesting, Earthquake will have to be good to win from out there.

EF should be doing cartwheels after that draw, good luck mate I've had a decent little lash I hope I don't mock you mate.

andrew057

First Grade
Wide barriers haven't been the worst thing in the BD. If Chivalry goes back with the speed on the outside, he can't go to the fence imo.

Horrie Is God

First Grade
Barrier 5 is just about perfect..

1 or 2 for a horse that gets back can be a worry, but 5 is wide enough for the horse not to get cluttered up..

Good luck EF..

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Barrier 5 is just about perfect..

1 or 2 for a horse that gets back can be a worry, but 5 is wide enough for the horse not to get cluttered up..

Good luck EF..
Agreed, i thought anywhere from 5 from 8 would be perfect and he drew 5. Not sure what they do with the filly from out there???

Evenflow

Bench
Cheers fellas. Obviously couldn't be happier with that gate, he gets his chance from there and if he's runs up to his best on the day he's as good a chance as anything i reckon.

Certainly haven't written the filly off, while her job has been made that bit harder she looks to be just that good and if anyone can get over the visitors gate it's her. As for what they with her i reckon they'll have to try and go forward with her given the way she races. It's risky given she'll spend a bit of petrol getting across and might get caught wide for the best part of the race but they might not have a choice.

With Rubick drawing 10 i don't think it'll hurt his chances much at all. You'd reckon he'll also try and get across as early as possible and take up a possie up near the front and take up the running. We'll settle just off them a bit and with any luck it's a fast run race and have the last crack at them. All that said there's a few more chances in the race i reckon and any of them could bob up, you just never know in these 2yo races.

As for our bloke the trainer has been very happy with his work and how he's came on since last start (as they all have no doubt) He reckons he couldn't be any fitter so barring some rotten luck in running which is always a possibility there's no excuses. If he's good enough he can win, if he's not he won't.

Lets just hope for a nice pay day Hiney and if anyone else backs him i hope he gets the job done. Nothing worse than people losing money on your horse but nothing better when winning on it ;-)

Spot On

Coach
Ummm, EF - where the hell did you get the cash to buy into Chivalry????? Was a 280K purchase was it not? Is Gerry Harvey also a part owner???

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Ummm, EF - where the hell did you get the cash to buy into Chivalry????? Was a 280K purchase was it not? Is Gerry Harvey also a part owner???

EF you must be doing alright for yourself mate! :lol:

I'll be on him too, I think he is in it up to his eye balls.

Best of luck to you.

Evenflow

Bench
lol i never said i was a majority owner Spot On! Yes he cost $280k, but like most horses there's several part owners and Gerry Harvey is one of them which isn't unusual given his ties with the Magic Millions where the horse was purchased from. That said i've never met him and dare say never will just as i won't several others. My brother and his partner are in the thoroughbred breeding business and purchased 20% of the horse which is how i got in.

I've been involved in several horses which were mostly cats lol It's hard enough to get one good enough to be racing in the city let alone one that can make it to a race like this so you have to enjoy it however long it last cos it could literally be over tomorrow. It's a massive thrill and will more than likely won't happen again so whatever happens tomorrow we'll just enjoy the ride and hopefully there's bigger things to come. If not i'll just keep trying and throw away even more money :eek:

For those who are one lets hope he gets us the chocolates ;-)

Horrie Is God

First Grade
EF you are sitting on a goldmine if the horse lands a decent Group 1..

Just doing some quick calculations & it'd be a $10 million minimum stallion, so even if you've only got 1% of the horse that is a cool $100 000..

Nice bit of scratch..

Evenflow

Bench
Geez as if i haven't got enough on my plate Horrie! :lol: To be totally honest i haven't thought anything later on because as mentioned it could all be over at any time given the nature of the game. I'm just enjoying the ride and being a mad mug punter like we all are i'm every bit as worried about my bet on the race tomorrow at the moment more than anything else lol

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
I'm all over it..

Got $10 off some mug on Betfair..

Wow!! Third favourite on the ripoff merchants called Tattsbet.

Fixed odds $6.50 win $2.20 place.

I'm all ready for $100 each way....see how the market pans out just before the jump.

I'm sure Chivalry was about 15s after the great Prelude third. Damn bandwagoners!

Good luck anyway Evenflow....hope you do get those chocolates!! :thumb

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Nice run EF, tell Kav to put him away and bring him back fresh for a crack at the Sires+Champagne... Has miler written all over him

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Slow out and never got going until late, looks a real 3 yr old mate. In sure Kav will have him in everything.

Latest posts