What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Top 17 at Full Strength

Cagey Mac

Bench
Costigan misses three times as many tackles as Dean Young (really!) and is not as good for as many minutes. Fein has an even worse missed tackle : tackle ratio
Better to start with Young at hooker, Prior in the 2nd row and Smith (our best tackler by a mile BTW) at lock
Bring Fien on after 25 minutes or so and replace Prior with Costigan and Smith with Young at lock
My team is
1. Boyd
2. Morris
3. Scott
4. Cooper
5. Sailor
6. Soward
7. Hornby
8. Poore
9. Young
10. Weyman
11. Prior
12. Creagh
13. Smith
14. Hunt
15. Fien
16. Costigan
17. Paea

It all depends however on who we’re playing and where lies their respective strengths and weaknesses

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I would put Nightingale in for Sailor (love the guy but Nighty is young and has many years left in his career). Would hate for Nighty to leave the club due to his non slection. If Sailor leaves at the end of the season then leave Sailor on the wing but if not it could cost us losing Nighty as all clubs will be queuing up to sign this guy. Nighty is a special talent and Sailor has had his day. I will probably get slammed for this but I am just looking at the future. The Dragons did the same to Fitzy with Bartrim only to lose Fitzy and Bartrim only lasted 1 or 2 more seasons.

It doesn't look like it bothers Nighty but I am sure he would prefer to be playing regularly.

He is injured now so it doesn't really matter. The Dell is second best but Lett is not far behind.

Prior in the 2nd row ahead of Stanley. Prior has done nothing wrong except throw that bad pass against the Cowboys in the dying minutes.

Godz Illa

Coach
I don't think Nightingale leaving is a realistic fear. He's not off contract until 2011, Bennett loves him, he's versatile which adds value and he seems to be a remarkably selfless team player.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
2011? wow that is great. How great is the Dragons depth. Having players like Sailor and Nighty fighting for 1 spot and Lett as back up for both.

Mr Red

First Grade
I would put Nightingale in for Sailor (love the guy but Nighty is young and has many years left in his career). Would hate for Nighty to leave the club due to his non slection. If Sailor leaves at the end of the season then leave Sailor on the wing but if not it could cost us losing Nighty as all clubs will be queuing up to sign this guy. Nighty is a special talent and Sailor has had his day. I will probably get slammed for this but I am just looking at the future. The Dragons did the same to Fitzy with Bartrim only to lose Fitzy and Bartrim only lasted 1 or 2 more seasons.

It doesn't look like it bothers Nighty but I am sure he would prefer to be playing regularly.

He is injured now so it doesn't really matter. The Dell is second best but Lett is not far behind.

Prior in the 2nd row ahead of Stanley. Prior has done nothing wrong except throw that bad pass against the Cowboys in the dying minutes.
nightingale in for sailor - you're kidding right.
sailor might not have the pace to run 90 meters to score like nightingale but seriously sailor has scored some short range tries this season that no other winger other then Taniela Tuaki would have scored. the one last week against the eagles was a perfect example where he pushed off three defenders to score - nightingale would have been bundled over the sideline. i am a big nightingale fan, but apart from being injured he hasnt been in the form this season that he was in last season, and sailor is in great form.

gtomad

Juniors
My top 17 at full streangth:

1. Darius Boyd
2. Wendell Sailor
3. Beau Scott
4. Matt Cooper
5. Brett Morris
6. Jamie Soward
7. Ben Hornby
8. Justin Poore
9. Dean Young
10. Michael Weyman
11. Neville costigan
12. Ben Creagh
13. Jeremy Smith

14. Dan Hunt
15. Matt Prior
16. Micky Paea
17. Nathan Fien
18.Jarrod Saffy
19.Matthew Head
20.Luke priddis
(three to be omitted)
Who makes the bench for me is a tough desicion so i put a lot of guys. Just Waynes choice on who gets omitted.

Last edited:

_Johnsy

Referee
My top 17 at full streangth:

1. Darius Boyd
2. Wendell Sailor
3. Beau Scott
4. Matt Cooper
5. Brett Morris
6. Jamie Soward
7. Ben Hornby
8. Justin Poore
9. Dean Young
10. Michael Weyman
11. Neville costigan
12. Ben Creagh
13. Jeremy Smith

14. Dan Hunt
15. Matt Prior
16. Micky Paea
17. Nathan Fien
18.Jarrod Saffy
19.Matthew Head
20.Luke priddis
(three to be omitted)
Who makes the bench for me is a tough desicion so i put a lot of guys. Just Waynes choice on who gets omitted.

That should make it a bit easier, I just cant see head or priddis making the top 17. I thin Fien is a certainty to be in the side. Whoever misses out they will be hard done by.

watatank

Coach
Here's my 2784106th attempt at doing just this.

1. Darius Boyd
2. Wendell Sailor
3. Beau Scott
4. Matt Cooper
5. Brett Morris
6. Jamie Soward
7. Ben Hornby
8. Justin Poore
9. Dean Young
10. Michael Weyman
11. Ben Creagh
12. Chase Stanley
13. Jeremy Smith

14. Nathan Fien
15. Jarrod Saffy
16. Matt Prior
17. Neville Costigan

1. Darius Boyd
2. Brett Morris
3. Beau Scott
4. Matt Cooper
5. Wendell Sailor
6. Jaime Soward
7. Ben Hornby
8. Justin Poore
9. Nathan Fien
10. Michael Weymen
11. Dean Young
12. Ben Creagh
13. Jeremy Smith

14. Dan Hunt
15. Matt Prior
16. Neville Costigan
17. Jason Nightingale

^ Thats team for the GF!

1. Darius Boyd
2. Brett Morris
3. Beau Scott
4. Matt Cooper
5. Wendell Sailor
6. Jaime Soward
7. Ben Hornby
8. Justin Poore
9. Nathan Fien
10. Michael Weymen
11. Dean Young
12. Ben Creagh
13. Jeremy Smith

14. Dan Hunt
15. Matt Prior
16. Neville Costigan
17. Jason Nightingale

^ Thats team for the GF!

That is a good team.

Yep! Thats so unbeatable team! Like this handy one for next year!

1. Boyd
2. Morris
3. Scott
4. Coops
5. Dell
6. Soward
7. Hornby
8. Greenfield
9. Fien
10. Weymen
11. Young
12. Creagh
13. Smith

14. Hunt
15. Tagive
16. Costigan
17. Nightingale

2010 still gonna be unbeatable!

Cagey Mac

Bench
Yep! Thats so unbeatable team! Like this handy one for next year!

1. Boyd
2. Morris
3. Scott
4. Coops
5. Dell
6. Soward
7. Hornby
8. Greenfield
9. Fien
10. Weymen
11. Young
12. Creagh
13. Smith

14. Hunt
15. Tagive
16. Costigan
17. Nightingale

2010 still gonna be unbeatable!

I think that you won't get enough minutes from your front row and need Green or Merrin on the bench. Costigan is could be a starter IMO if he improves his missed tackle rate

I was about to post my own but I am exactly with you Acka. Nice one, that is an impressive team exactly what I would go for. Huge Pack!! Big backs and lots of speed!!

1.Darius Boyd
2.Brett Morris
3.Beau Scott
4.Matt Cooper
5.Wendell Sailor
6.Jamie Soward
7.Ben Hornby
8.Justin Poore
9.Dean Young
10.Michael Weyman
11.Ben Creagh
12.Neville Costigan
13.Jeremy Smith
Interchange
14.Dan Hunt
15.Matt Prior
16.Mickey Paea
17.Nathan Fien

Though would probably swap Hunt for Nightingale, there are enough big forwards and he is very versatile

boxa777

Coach
very tough team to pick.. thankfully, it's Bennett's job and he knows what he is doing. Don't think much needs to be changed. I'm leaving out Nightingale as with his injury he will only be a back up from here on in I think.

Also, a very tough last call for me picking between Saffy and Hunt. In the end I have gone with Hunt and Lett is very unlucky as well. Chase has to be there for some variety.

1 Darius Boyd
2 Brett Morris
3 Beau Scott
4 Matt Cooper
5 Wendell Sailor
6 Jamie Soward
7 Ben Hornby

8 Justin Poore
9 Dean Young
10 Michael Weyman
11 Matt Prior
12 Ben Creagh
13 Jeremy Smith

14 Nathan Fien
15 Neville Costigan
16 Dan Hunt
17 Chase Stanley

Defensive Line

BM(2)-BH(7)-MC(4)-BC(12)-JS(13)-MW(10)-JP(8)-DY(9)-MP(11)-BS(3)-JS(6)-WS(5)

DB(1)

bench

Chase to come on and defend 4 in MP's spot, where Matty moves into the middle as cover for the props when they need a spell.
Costigan to come into the middle for JDog Smith.
Hunt to come in for the props.
Fien to come into the middle with Young to middle backrow.

Last edited: