What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Top 4 chances.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Maybe the Knights last game was there grand final, they had to get up for it so much, can they do it again, is the question.
As ours is last game of the round both teams will know exactly what a win or loss will mean

Chimp

Bench
Maybe the Knights last game was there grand final, they had to get up for it so much, can they do it again, is the question.
As ours is last game of the round both teams will know exactly what a win or loss will mean
And another consideration, the week after, our game agains the Raiders is also the last game of the round, so we’ll know exactly what is or isn’t at stake.
We might go into that last game with nothing to play for, equally, we could be playing for 4th spot.
And if we were to snag 4th spot, that would put us on a 5 day turnaround into either Penrith or Brisbane away, as the Friday night final is 1v4.

cb4

First Grade
Unless they changed their mind from last year. I’d say it’s at home again.
It's dependent on who we play. We got a home final last year as we were 2nd and against an out of town team.
If we hot a game in week one, it will be against a Sydney team most likely, or Canberra & Newcastle, who will be able to get fans to travel.
If we hot the Roosters or Souths, the game will be taken to CommBank to not have the home town feel for the opposition.
If it is Canberra or Newcastle then it will be at Allianz.

If we finish top 4, week 2 will be at a major stadium. The only way we can get a game at Shark Park again is if we can sway the NRL to believe Newcastle or Canberra won't bring fans, but they will and they do.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Some many scenarios.
The Raiders might need to beat us to stay in the 8.
If games go to plan this weekend and those above win, we are locked into 5th we can't drop with f/a
Then the last round.
Broncs beat Storm.
We would be playing for 4th but against who ?
If Cowboys beat Panthers it would be to play Broncs.
This would put Cows then ahead of Raiders, who would need to win to make 8 if the lose, Rabbits could jump cows for 8th, and Roosters would miss out even if win due to f/a vs cows.
Last game of year could decide top 4 and top 8.
I actually would prefer to take on Broncs then Panthers first up

Ozzi_78

First Grade
I hope we don’t get a home semi. Not like it worked last year. Take it to Allianz and pack it out properly.

bluefox68

Staff member
I hope we don’t get a home semi. Not like it worked last year. Take it to Allianz and pack it out properly.
Yeah - if we had a 20K capacity - yes - but too many people would miss out if it was at PointsBet with the current capacity…

shadowboxer

First Grade
Last year was good in part regardless of the result, but really playing a team probally furtherest from our location was agreeable for all concerned. Any other team should be at Moore Park.
Our ground and facilities in its current condition, ain’t up to it.

Quigs

Immortal
I hope it's at Tonkin Oval. FMD that was a hard ground.
That was manicured grass compared to Sutho Oval.

'Me ' young collar bone felt the full force after being speared into the cricket wicket square.

It took me a couple of seasons to get the bastard back. I remember it to this day. It was the first deliberate 'stiffy' that I unleashed in my not so illustrious rugby league career.

f**k I loved seeing his two feet parallel with his ears, I will never forget it. And it took place on the footy field at the old Port Hacking High School Miranda.

bluefox68

Staff member

'Me ' young collar bone felt the full force after being speared into the cricket wicket square.

It took me a couple of seasons to get the bastard back. I remember it to this day. It was the first deliberate 'stiffy' that I unleashed in my not so illustrious rugby league career.

f**k I loved seeing his two feet parallel with his ears, I will never forget it. And it took place on the footy field at the old Port Hacking High School Miranda.
You psycho, Quigsy…!
The ‘good old days’… LOL

Frenzy.

Immortal
The cricket pitch, holy dooley.

Concrete carpet that joint. And RSL were always a cunova team.

That Sutho oval pitch was like gravel and the PH HS field was a cow paddock. Did they ever mow the grass there?

Big Bloke

Juniors
What did I tell you. KLEIN

The NRL can't make it anyone obvious
It's interesting that on the Knights forum they are saying Klien hates them as well.

I find it highly amusing that fans of all clubs reckon all the refs hate them.

It is such a poor generalisation - yet it gets trotted out each week. "We can't win this week because we have so and so as the ref."

What balderdash.

Latest posts