What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Top 8 revised..

coolumsharkie

Referee
After 3 rounds of footy I thought it might be interesting to make some revised predictions for the top 8,the season hasn't quite kicked into gear yet but I'm sure some of your pre-season predictions may have changed

Here's mine

1- Bulldogs: Still look the team to beat even though a few injuries have made them look a tad skinny in depth

2- Cowboys: Like I said pre-season they have learnt how to win, off season buys have suited them well Thurston and Webb having blinders so far, Townsville will be a graveyard this year

3- Broncos: Maybe they might run out of puff like previous couple of seasons time will tell but they look pretty good and should figure in the top 4

4- Storm:Fantastic early form and with players like Orford Hill and Slater a good forward pack they might still become the team to beat but definately top 4

5-Panthers: Slow start but still have classy players in Pridis Campbell and Gower. Still could push for top 4 imo

6-Roosters: Ricky's a good coach and should get them winning more games than losing, a couple of more games needed for this lot but they should end up around 6th

7-Manly:Not really jumping on thier bandwagon yet but they do look impressive early could fizzle out and do a West Tigers but more than likely have the cattle for a top 8 spot this year

8-Sharks: Pick a team any team...ok I could put Eels Warriors Dragons Canberra Tigers Souths here but I'll stick with my team as we've won two games at below full strength and looks as though the Dykes Kimmorley thing works well... without(major) injuries we will make the 8 imo

I predict Knights to take out the spoon and I'm not too impressed with Dragons as yet I think theres trouble in paradise.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
You're living up to useful idiot - Manly really are firing on all cylinders at the moment and even if they do cop a few injuries I can't see them falling down to 7th.

My top 8:
Bulldogs - Storm - Broncos - Manly - Roosters - Cowboys - Warriors - Souths

Then: Canberra - Panthers - Sharks - Parramatta - Newcastle - Tigers - Saints

Jono078

Referee
1. Bulldogs
2. Cowboys
3. Broncos
4. Storm
5. Sea Eagles
6. Panthers
7. Roosters
8. Knights

Then the rest:
Sharks
Rabbitohs
Eels
Warriors
Dragons
Wests Tigers
Raiders

I think it will look something like that, but even those low teams I think will just be seperated by F/A and not points, too hard to call this year.

mrbishi

Juniors
i cant say how happy i am to see the way manly is playing atm :clap: , but there is still along way to go, but the way there playing i can see a top 4 finish, but there defence has to hold up, they can attack no problem, but its there d thats been letting them down (last season)

cmon manly its been too long! hopefully we can keep it up and not get any bad injuries in key positions.

i still see the dogs as the ones to beat, im also starting to warm up to brisbane too.
my top 8 for the end of the season are:
1. Dogs
2. Brisbane
3. Manly
4. Rorters
5. Melbourne
6. Cowboys
7. Penrith
8. Sharks/Canberra

jono078 said:
1. Bulldogs
2. Cowboys
3. Broncos
4. Storm
5. Sea Eagles
6. Panthers
7. Roosters
8. Knights

Then the rest:
Sharks
Rabbitohs
Eels
Warriors
Dragons
Wests Tigers
Raiders

I think it will look something like that, but even those low teams I think will just be seperated by F/A and not points, too hard to call this year.

I'm glad you didn't show bias towards the side you follow.....

The Knights have been bloody awful so far and it'll take an amazing effort, not to mention a 100% turnaround, just for them to get close to the 8.

Jono078

Referee
Well either way I think everyone will have some Bias towards there team, but when I look at all our fixtures I dont see us beating many teams, but I reckon we will scrape into the 8. Hopefully Panthers 03 we will be like :) lol, #-o.

aenima1

Juniors
dodge you call him an idiot but then you have manly at 4th and penrith not even in the 8? you cant be serious!! manly wont finish any higher than 7th and penrith will be in the top 6 without a doubt.

skeepe

Immortal
My pre-season prediction:

1. North Queensland Cowboys
2. Manly Sea Eagles
3. Canterbury Bulldogs
4. Canberra Raiders
5. Parramatta Eels
6. St. George Illawarra Dragons
7. Penrith Panthers
8. Sydney Roosters

9. Melbourne Storm
10. Cronulla Sharks
11. Brisbane Broncos
12. New Zealand Warriors
13. South Sydney Rabbitohs
14. Newcastle Knights
15. Wests Tigers

My prediction now:

1. North Queensland Cowboys
2. Manly Sea Eagles
3. Canberra Raiders
4. Brisbane Broncos
5. Melbourne Storm
6. Cronulla Sharks
7. Penrith Panthers
8. Canterbury Bulldogs

9. South Sydney Rabbitohs
10. Sydney Roosters
11. Parramatta Eels
12. New Zealand Warriors
13. Wests Tigers
14. Newcastle Knights
15. St. George Illawarra Dragons

Unashamedly biased, of course :D

skeepe

Immortal
Sure did, but I balance that with the fact that for my early season predicition I just typed out the first team that came to my head :D

Jordan

Juniors
It's hard to tell if Manly is the real deal after just 3 games... At this stage, I think they'll be around the edge of the top eight...a definite improvement on last year if there new players stay fit, as well as there halfback..

Anyhow, here are my predictions...

1. Bulldogs
2. Panthers
3. Cowboys
4. Roosters
5. Broncos
6. Storm
7. Warriors
8. Tigers
9. Dragons
10. Manly
11. Knights
12. Sharks
13. Eels
14. Raiders
15. Rabbitohs

Sir Clifford GC

Juniors
manly we have to prove themselves like penrith did in 2003,
everyone will be waiting for manly to fall and thats fair enough because its been along while since we've been a quailty team that deserves to be respected as one of the comps heavyweights.

Start of the season
i thought we would finish between 6 and 10

its only 3 games in but we could sneak in the 4 but we could quiet as easy slip out of the 8.

Latest posts