What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Top chokes of all time?

legend

Coach
Not just in terms of the score, but the importance of the match. It could also be flipped to say the greatest comebacks of all time equals a monumental choke for the loser.

There are some obvious games but I'm curious to see what games everyone come up with.

Melbourne v St George Illawarra 1999 GF

Bulldogs v Eels 1998 GF qualifier

Bulldogs v Knights 2002 - El Masri touchline conversion after the siren

Raiders v Dragons - Take your pick over the past 12 years.

Have at it lads! :D

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Was it last years game or the year before where the Dragons were leading pretty much the entire match and in the dying seconds somehow opened up a hole big enough to drive a truck through for Reece Robinson to just stroll through to score the winning try.

It was almost like the Dragons players were like oh yeah we are supposed to lose now.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
rabbitohs vs dragons rd 26, 2010

Last edited:

vvvrulz

Coach
Warriors vs Tigers, 2011 I think it was.
Blew an 18-point lead with 20 minutes to play

Warriors vs Manly 2012 had something similar.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Was it last years game or the year before where the Dragons were leading pretty much the entire match and in the dying seconds somehow opened up a hole big enough to drive a truck through for Reece Robinson to just stroll through to score the winning try.

It was almost like the Dragons players were like oh yeah we are supposed to lose now.

i hated that finish..

Danish

Referee
Rabbits vs Roosters, R1 2012 - 2 tries in the last 2 minutes to snatch victory! Its once in a life time stuff... :D

Roosters vs Dragons, ANZAC day 2012 - Well well, lightning strikes twice. 2 tries in the last 2 minutes by the dragons (including 1 from a short kick off) to win the game. Can't win em all I suppose... :sarcasm:

Roosters vs Rabbits R19, 2012 - f**ks sake... :(

Pete Cash

Post Whore
That Rabbits Roosters match in 2012 I was at the gym running on the treadmill watching the game and I started laughing so much I honestly thought I was going to end up collapsing and suffer an injury that I had to stop my workout. It was pretty amazing.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I can't go past the Eels choking against the Bulldogs in the '98 Semi Final. Haven't seen anything like it in such an important game.

Bulldog Force

Referee
That Rabbits Roosters match in 2012 I was at the gym running on the treadmill watching the game and I started laughing so much I honestly thought I was going to end up collapsing and suffer an injury that I had to stop my workout. It was pretty amazing.

Which one? Both games in 2012 were chokes for either team!

Danish

Referee
Another one...

Roosters vs Knights, R6 2008 - Roosters up 20-12 at halftime.... End up losing 34-20 after the knights ran in 5 second half tries to nil, including 4 in the final 10 minutes, topped with a 60 metre solo effort from dummy half by none other than Danny Wicks.

Most embarrassing defence I've ever seen on that Wicks try

Bulldog Force

Referee
another one...

Roosters vs knights, r6 2008 - roosters up 20-12 at halftime.... End up losing 34-20 after the knights ran in 5 second half tries to nil, including 4 in the final 10 minutes, topped with a 60 metre solo effort from dummy half by none other than danny wicks.

Most embarrassing defence i've ever seen on that wicks try

[youtube]zrxw9oohc78[/youtube]