What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tottenham Hotspur: "To Dare Is To Do"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
don think he has much choice

the FA cup tie against Manure away is obviously going to be hard to win and not as important as a game against Stoke in the premier league on Tuesday

we've got an enormous amount of injuries, not much choice really, although harry wears his heart on his sleeve when talking to the media

perhaps he could have worded it a bit better

Ridders

Coach
don think he has much choice

the FA cup tie against Manure away is obviously going to be hard to win and not as important as a game against Stoke in the premier league on Tuesday

we've got an enormous amount of injuries, not much choice really, although harry wears his heart on his sleeve when talking to the media

perhaps he could have worded it a bit better

Why is that, its not like Spurs are exactly mounting a challenge for the EPL title

Tommy Smith

Referee
Redknapp: I need better players at Spurs

Tottenham Hotspur boss Harry Redknapp admitted he needs stronger and better players after his misfiring side scraped into the Carling Cup final, despite losing 3-2 at Burnley on Wednesday night.

The struggling cup holders, who secured an aggregate 6-4 victory in their semi-final at Turf Moor, are also embroiled in a Premier League relegation battle and Redknapp says he needs new players because a number of his squad are simply not up to the job.

"It's a hard job I have on here, believe you me," said the former Portsmouth boss.

"I keep saying that we need stronger players in here because we're not mentally or physically strong enough."

Tottenham have not won for six league games and, with injuries piling up, Redknapp fears his side will struggle to cope.

Midfielder Jamie O'Hara sustained a groin strain against Burnley and defenders Jonathan Woodgate and Michael Dawson also picked up knocks to join a growing casualty list.

Redknapp insists he will have to field his weakest team possible when Spurs face Manchester United at Old Trafford in the FA Cup fourth round on Saturday, because Tuesday's home clash against fellow Premier League strugglers Stoke City is his priority.

"We're in a relegation battle and I can't risk O'Hara, Woodgate and Dawson at Old Trafford in the Cup.

"It's a challenge and it can't get any worse. When I took over we had two points from eight games but Stoke is a massive game for us."

Debutant goalkeeper Ben Alnwick was at fault for Burnley's first and third goals, scored by Robbie Blake and substitute Jay Rodriguez, which sandwiched Chris McCann's 73rd-minute strike and ensured the tie went to extra-time.

And with first-choice goalkeeper Heurelho Gomes set to remain sidelined this weekend due to injury, Alnwick will line up between the posts at Old Trafford.

Redknapp added: "He's the only goalkeeper I've got and this is a football club that has been put together by I don't know who and I don't know how.

"It's a mish-mash of players with people playing where they want to play. It's scary.

"I have to go to Old Trafford with that group of players that we had tonight.

"I can't risk Woodgate on Saturday because we've got Stoke on Tuesday and I will go to Old Trafford with the weakest team I can possibly find."
Meanwhile, Cesar Sanchez is set to put the finishing touches on his switch from Tottenham to Valencia on Friday.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=611767&sec=england&cc=3436

'arry really knows how to inspire confidence in his players. He also appears to be a master of shifting the blame.

Fraud.

fish eel

Immortal
tommy smith said:
'arry really knows how to inspire confidence in his players. He also appears to be a master of shifting the blame.

Yeah, what happened to those man management skills he is renowned for?

He also bagged out Darren Bent.

"It's a mish-mash of players with people playing where they want to play. It's scary.

Well, Harry, you're the manager YOU should be telling them where to play.

A squad put together who "by I don't know who and I don't know how"

Put together by a manager who has a much better pedigree than Harry.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
As mediocre as they are, surely you don't actually think Tottenham are a threat for relegation?

no I dont,

but you asked me why 'arry was concentrating on the Premier League instead of the FA Cup

we have half our team out injured atm and even Palacious our newbie is suspended

we are really doing it tough atm as far as testing our depth

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Redknapp: I need better players at Spurs

Tottenham Hotspur boss Harry Redknapp admitted he needs stronger and better players after his misfiring side scraped into the Carling Cup final, despite losing 3-2 at Burnley on Wednesday night.

The struggling cup holders, who secured an aggregate 6-4 victory in their semi-final at Turf Moor, are also embroiled in a Premier League relegation battle and Redknapp says he needs new players because a number of his squad are simply not up to the job.

"It's a hard job I have on here, believe you me," said the former Portsmouth boss.

"I keep saying that we need stronger players in here because we're not mentally or physically strong enough."

Tottenham have not won for six league games and, with injuries piling up, Redknapp fears his side will struggle to cope.

Midfielder Jamie O'Hara sustained a groin strain against Burnley and defenders Jonathan Woodgate and Michael Dawson also picked up knocks to join a growing casualty list.

Redknapp insists he will have to field his weakest team possible when Spurs face Manchester United at Old Trafford in the FA Cup fourth round on Saturday, because Tuesday's home clash against fellow Premier League strugglers Stoke City is his priority.

"We're in a relegation battle and I can't risk O'Hara, Woodgate and Dawson at Old Trafford in the Cup.

"It's a challenge and it can't get any worse. When I took over we had two points from eight games but Stoke is a massive game for us."

Debutant goalkeeper Ben Alnwick was at fault for Burnley's first and third goals, scored by Robbie Blake and substitute Jay Rodriguez, which sandwiched Chris McCann's 73rd-minute strike and ensured the tie went to extra-time.

And with first-choice goalkeeper Heurelho Gomes set to remain sidelined this weekend due to injury, Alnwick will line up between the posts at Old Trafford.

Redknapp added: "He's the only goalkeeper I've got and this is a football club that has been put together by I don't know who and I don't know how.

"I have to go to Old Trafford with that group of players that we had tonight.

"I can't risk Woodgate on Saturday because we've got Stoke on Tuesday and I will go to Old Trafford with the weakest team I can possibly find."
Meanwhile, Cesar Sanchez is set to put the finishing touches on his switch from Tottenham to Valencia on Friday.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=611767&sec=england&cc=3436

Fraud.

I tend to agree with harry here

We have a team full squad players and overpaid 15mill nuffies, he can only do do much with them. Bent and Bently have been useless

If he has his so called clean out and rebuilds over summer and there is no change, then we can shift the blame to him.

fish eel

Immortal
I tend to agree with harry here

We have a team full squad players and overpaid 15mill nuffies, he can only do do much with them. Bent and Bently have been useless

If he has his so called clean out and rebuilds over summer and there is no change, then we can shift the blame to him.

Bent is rubbish, was talked up by a few people on here at the start of the season, but he is simply not good.

Bentley IS a good player. Maybe wasnt used properly by Ramos, but Harry cant complain that in Bentley he doesnt have quality.

Modric, Roman P, both quality as well. Gomes, hasnt adapted to the premier league, looks down on confidence, but is a quality keeper. Held his own for PSV in the champions league.

You have a good, mid table squad.

With the money Spurs spend, you are bigger under achievers than Newcastle United.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
You have a good, mid table squad.

With the money Spurs spend, you are bigger under achievers than Newcastle United.

exactly fishy, we should be more than mid table

look at the money we have spent V. what we have achieved

we have spent and scouted poorly and we have generally been big spenders

its a frustrating team to follow but what the hell, they are my team

fish eel

Immortal
exactly fishy, we should be more than mid table

look at the money we have spent V. what we have achieved

we have spent and scouted poorly and we have generally been big spenders

its a frustrating team to follow but what the hell, they are my team

But, with your current squad, mid table should be the minimum.

You have the talent.

Harry is blame shifting.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
sorry, I disagree

Modric, Pav, Woodgate, Defoe, Lennon, Gomez, Collichini and possibly Bentley and O'Hara are EPL players

the rest you can have

our midfield of JJ and Hudd are consistently letting us down and will be part of the clean out, so may passes get intercepted, they keep giving away possession

we certainly miss Keane and Berbatov and King will never regain his old form, he is just about ready to be put out to pasture

stats show that harry has done no better than Ramos, so just maybe its our squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts