What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Toulouse decision: end of July

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
I'm not sure promising immunity from relegation is a good idea, it only encourages complacency. Certainly hasn't helped London over the years.

langpark

First Grade
Its only 4 games in so no panic stations yet.
Agreed! Calm down people! I believe they will finish 8th or 9th...

I'm not sure promising immunity from relegation is a good idea, it only encourages complacency. Certainly hasn't helped London over the years.
Agree again! I DO NOT want them to get relegated, but at the same time I believe in equality and no team should be exempt. They should have to fight for it like every other team.

And should they get relegated, there should be a pathway in place for the to return. For example, winner of the French Elite League plays off against winner of the Championship...

On the bright, IF there were to get relegated, it would be a great boost for the French League! Of course their top players would have to be let go, but if their fans stay true and go to away matches, it could have a hugely positive impact for the French domestic competition...

bowes

Juniors
The problem is the split season format makes relegation exemptions unworkable. Could have been just about done with 1-up-1-down but would make the whole playoff a farce

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Agreed! Calm down people! I believe they will finish 8th or 9th...

Agree again! I DO NOT want them to get relegated, but at the same time I believe in equality and no team should be exempt. They should have to fight for it like every other team.

And should they get relegated, there should be a pathway in place for the to return. For example, winner of the French Elite League plays off against winner of the Championship...

On the bright, IF there were to get relegated, it would be a great boost for the French League! Of course their top players would have to be let go, but if their fans stay true and go to away matches, it could have a hugely positive impact for the French domestic competition...

Err surely they would be relegated to the championship not french elite league!

georgesnmith

Juniors
The problem is the split season format makes relegation exemptions unworkable. Could have been just about done with 1-up-1-down but would make the whole playoff a farce

12 team SL, including 2 french teams

lowest english team relegated, league leaders in lower division automatically promoted