What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Toulouse Olympique's schedule English Championship 2009

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
calendriertoulousecopie.jpg

Last edited:

KiwiStorm

Juniors
Pity we can't get to see it out here, we get 2 SL games a week, another Championship match wouldn't hurt ;-)

Most definitely - the more League matches on TV shown around the world, the better. :)

It would be interesting to see the quality of the NL One sides as well, I daresay at least the top few sides (Widnes, Leigh......) would be not too far off Super League standard. And also would be great to see Gateshead Thunder play - they have done so well with their "re-birth". :)

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
I'll sticky this thread so people know who they are playing and can get the results straight away with crowd figures for the 2009 season.

1. Widnes 70 vs Toulouse 0 crowd 5,071

2. Toulouse 12 vs Sheffield 18 crowd 1,923

3. Whitehaven 40 vs Toulouse 26 crowd 1,225

4. Batley 22 vs Toulouse 60 crowd 662

Next weeks game is against Leigh in Toulouse on Saturday the 18th April.

tovsleigh-18042009-640x4801.jpg

Last edited:

ParraEelsNRL

Referee

5. Toulouse 46 vs Leigh 10 crowd 3,507
Next game is at Doncaster on the 26th April.

Last edited:

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Only Widnes have gotten more than that... and only Halifax and Barrow have come close.

Apparently about 300 - 350 Leigh fans went down to Toulouse.

Toulouse are definitely proving a great addition to the Championship.

I agree, pity they started off the season the way they did though.

Toulouse use to get some big crowds to the LER comp years ago, hopefully they can wake up some of those dormant fans and get them along to the games.

Even if it was a few decades ago, some of the older people might start going again and taking the children/grand children along, it's looking good though.

I think UTC only averaged around 2,500 before they merged with St Esteve to become Les Catalans, I have no idea what St's averaged but it couldn't have been much more than UTC if that many at all.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
I have no idea how the bonus point works, could any French or Poms let us know thanks?

The team seems to be coming along well and should improve more as the season progresses.

6. Doncaster 18 vs Toulouse 48 crowd 1,089
Next game is at home against Whitehaven on the 3rd of May.

I have no idea how the bonus point works, could any French or Poms let us know thanks?

I wanted to send Wok and Morrow on ABC Granstand an email about that.

Wok was ranting about the golden point system and was responding to people who suggested 1 point each for the draw at full-time and an extra point for the winner in Golden Point would be fairer. His response was that every game needed to be worth the same number of points - i.e. 2 - or it would be "unworkable".

I instantly thought of the bonus point in the Championship and wondered how that worked. Clearly it dosen't make the competition unworkable or unfair to award 4 points in a match as opposed to only awarding the points to the winner.

I also thought it would be interesting to see how they reacted to hearing that Rugby league exists outside Super League and NRL. Probably would start something like: "In English Park footy..."

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
I wanted to send Wok and Morrow on ABC Granstand an email about that.

Wok was ranting about the golden point system and was responding to people who suggested 1 point each for the draw at full-time and an extra point for the winner in Golden Point would be fairer. His response was that every game needed to be worth the same number of points - i.e. 2 - or it would be "unworkable".

I instantly thought of the bonus point in the Championship and wondered how that worked. Clearly it dosen't make the competition unworkable or unfair to award 4 points in a match as opposed to only awarding the points to the winner.

I also thought it would be interesting to see how they reacted to hearing that Rugby league exists outside Super League and NRL. Probably would start something like: "In English Park footy..."

Send him a link to the International section of LU so he can see what the fans think of all this RL growth ;-)

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Another win and another decent crowd.

6. Doncaster 18 vs Toulouse 48 crowd 1,089

7. Toulouse 38 vs Whitehaven 12 crowd 2,300
Next game is against Barrow Raiders in Toulouse who sit second on the ladder on the 16th of May.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
This will be a cracker of a mtach... two teams in fine form going head to head.

Will be very interesting.

I have this feeling of dread that I should have put $50 on Toulouse for a GF spot this year straight after that Widnes mess.

I said on a forum years ago I should put $50 on Side show bob to be the first Try scorer in the USA VS Kangaroos match, guess what happened.

This team is only going to get better.

druzik

Juniors
Send the buggers both.

Finally have managed to get all the updates up on my site too.

Just waiting upon results from a few more countries but then its all 100% there. Am about 80% there now.

2009 international calendar is very very very full. The most exciting new game/country is Belgium facing the germans in Brussels. That is a new one.

Czechs v Catalonia in June too at the Barcelona ESL game.

Next two full internationals after next fridays ANZAC clash are Morocco vs. Itlay in Lyon and France vs. Engalnd in Paris.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Finally have managed to get all the updates up on my site too.

Just waiting upon results from a few more countries but then its all 100% there. Am about 80% there now.

2009 international calendar is very very very full. The most exciting new game/country is Belgium facing the germans in Brussels. That is a new one.

Czechs v Catalonia in June too at the Barcelona ESL game.

Next two full internationals after next fridays ANZAC clash are Morocco vs. Itlay in Lyon and France vs. Engalnd in Paris.

The game's moving forward that's for sure.

Latest posts