What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Toyota Cup Spoiler player ratings

Halftime Stgeorge Illawarra 6-0 Sharks, try scored while we had player in bin

We havent done a lot with ball lots of defence running out of own area.

Nathan Stapelton - 7, Looks the goods, done some good little runs, one on the up.

Luke Hume - 6, Went to the bin, but other then that, looks quicker then our first grade wingers, has ability.

Brackin Henry - 5, only looks ok, from dummy half, not going anywhere, part of the raper signings.

Kieran Turner - 6, Not much ball, needs to see more

Brad Marks - 6, Same as turner, though did make good covering tackle.

Tu'u Maori - 3, He is speed bumb in defence considering he has played for PNG, others nothing in attacke, just kicks the ball.

Jarryd Hogan -6, He needs to take control, he is quite.

Tohi Leha - 7 Promising has not been interchanged

Lancen Juodo - 6, Not threatning from dunny half

John Viiga - 5, Looks to offload, but should go forward first

Trent Grubb - 8, Tackles everything that moves, looks good in attack, would like to see him against older players.

Jack Bosden - 7, Going ok

Jayson Bukuya - 5, Quite dosent do much work

Brynjar Ragnarsson - 6, Some good runs, good one on strip

Luke Letele - 5, Going ok

James Sharkie - 5, only on couple of minutes

diggity

Juniors
He didn't get much of a mention but I think Bosden is definitely one to watch. He has a very solid build, a good offload and is an absolute workhorse. He and Stapelton will spend plenty of time in the nrl in years to come.

Fulltime Dragons 6-4 Sharks, our defence like first grade, fantastic, Dragons only scored when we had 12, our 2nd hald attack much better Stapleton scored try missed goal from touch line.

Game ratings

Nathan Stapelton -7, He looks the goods worth keeping eye on
Luke Hume -7, Bar that sin bin, he shows a lot of promise, does dummy half runs, very solid
Brackin Henry -5, Nothing i can see from this player, has nothing in attack
Kieran Turner -6, I would like to see him again, didnt get much ball
Brad Marks -6, same as turner no ball, want to see him with ball
Tu'u Maori -4, He just wants to kick no direction, not worth while to keep
Jarryd Hogan -7, He ran in 2nd half looks good, he may just be something special
Tohi Leha -7, Work horse, never sheds his job
Lancen Juodo -6, Showed some spark in 2nd half
John Viiga -6, Limited time 2nd half
Trent Grubb -8, Standout tackles everything that moves, first down on kick chases, can carry ball one handed
Jack Bosed -7, 2nd half much better, hit line hard, runs similiar to Gallen, just not as fast
Jayson Bukuya -4, Average
Brynjar Ragnarsson -7, Can be a handful, has a offload, makes good ground
Ben Taefu -5, Limited time
Luke Letele -5, limited time
James Sharkie -6, done what he could.

From this players to keep eye on, not to say some of others could come through from this match

Nathan Stapelton
Luke Hume
Jarryd Hogan
Tohi Leha
Trent Grubb
Jack Bosden
Brynjar Ragnarsson

j0rd0_ShArKs

Juniors
Tuu Maori isnt really a 5/8 , more of a centre/winger

the team has good structure but is just really lacking quality halves, although hogan showed patches of brilliance, just no direction didnt WANT the ball enough

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
That was my point. it seems he has been commissioned to do that & get it down pat.
Perhaps he is seen as a 5/8 for NRL.
he is bigger than Karl.

fatshark

Bench
I thought both the rakes are good players(17). Stapelton is close to first grade, not this year. Bosden is good, for under 20s..very raw needs to use hes weight better. The half showed some good glimpses.

Bosden played well in 2nd half, for me player of match for Sharks was Trent Grubb, back rower, he is workhorse in defense, one of first on kick chase, also has ability to carry ball one handed, he may be able to play firsts this year late in season, but for sure he will be knocking down door next year, lets hope he has been signed

j0rd0_ShArKs

Juniors
anyone know the wereabouts of Ben Orcher, Sebastian Swain, and Alex Butschies

Orcher was a standout last year in the closing rounds going from SG ball to premier league, havent seen his name listed anywhere

the other to were recruits , maybe they will come next year may be finishing school

shaggs im looking at you

Latest posts