What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trade deadline moves/rumours

Ridders

Coach
Trading Big Al now wouldn't be in Minnesota's best interest since his trade value still isn't where it was last season when he was healthy and putting up 23-11 per game. They should just let this season playout and let Big Al fully heal from his ACL surgery. He should be back to his best at the start of next year, when his trade value will again match his talent level.

Ridders

Coach
Apparently T-Mac to the Knicks is getting serious. Issue seems to be the a first round draft pick that the Rockets are asking for.

ByRd

First Grade
didnt see this thread, the other can be closed.

Also, interesting move for the Cavs. It gives them that PF that can stretch the floor but we will have to wait and see how it works out for them.

Still alot of rumours flying around, T-Mac to the Knicks, Nate to the Celtics/Lakers, Amare??, it is going to be a frantic last day.

Ridders

Coach
I love all this movement

Cleveland now the definite favourites to take the title. I guess the fact that they didn't have to even give up Hickson made Jamison more appealing than Amarie.

This means Amarie is either headed to Miami or stays in Phoenix.

Nth-Qld-Raider

Juniors
Amare may now end up in Miami, will be interesting 24hrs, i think the reason the Cavs took Jamison is because they didnt have to give up JJ Hickson.

Last edited:

Ridders

Coach
Odd trade for the clippers though.. Thornton for Gooden? wtf

I guess Gooden can somewhat help fill the void left by trading away Camby. It is strange though.

Also been reading that it may have been so that the Clippers could acquire more cap room for the upcoming free agent class.

Last edited:

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Wow, bravo Cavs management. Getting Jamison without giving up Hickson, as said, is a major coup. If Z is bought out and re-signs......just wow.

Wiz have just traded their best three players of the past two years for pretty much nothing - way to take a crap on your fanbase. Clippers go from having an average starting SF to no starting SF. Maybe they're serious about targetting a certain free agent SF come free agency....

That the Cavs get Telfair as well....bonus!

The Dodger

First Grade
i agree.

the fact the cavs get to keep hickson now is even better than getting amarie.

hopefully jamison works out for them, i have enjoyed watching the cavs this year.

good luck to them.

nate going to the celtics?

now that would be interesting.

Ridders

Coach
Shows that the Celtics are getting desperate.

Nate is a nice player to have off the bench. Can explode at any time. He is a bit off a ball hog though.

ByRd

First Grade
Nate would be a nice piece off the bench for the Celtics and also the Lakers if we could get him.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Based on the squad the Cavs have assembled, any and all trades from now on should realistically only be about clearing cap space. Every other team should just forget about this year, unless some idiot GM just gives away a valuable player for nothing (which is entirely possible). Regardless, I just can't see the Cavs being beat four times in a seven game series.

Ridders

Coach
This is madness :crazy:

It's also a HOME RUN for Houston. I mean WOW. Sure they had to give up Landry but to get Kevin Martin in return. Great trade for them.

The article also says that Sacremento might try and make a deal with the Knicks for T-Mac again.

andrew057

First Grade
Based on the squad the Cavs have assembled, any and all trades from now on should realistically only be about clearing cap space. Every other team should just forget about this year, unless some idiot GM just gives away a valuable player for nothing (which is entirely possible). Regardless, I just can't see the Cavs being beat four times in a seven game series.

I think you're getting waaaaay ahead of yourself.

Ridders

Coach
On 2nd thoughts, it will be interesting to see what Sacremento do with T-Mac's EC. If they can get something valuable back for him from the Knicks, it might not be such a bad trade for them.

ByRd

First Grade
Its a bit early for that talk, they are playing well and will be tough but they dont have it in the bag.

Lakers are still the team to beat, they cruise the regular season, PJ is the master at doing enough and when the time comes, its on. Kobe will come back healthy and a full team with Kobe, Gasol, Bynum, Artest staring then the likes of Odom, Brown, Farmer off the bench is still the team to beat.