What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trade Ivan to Penrith for 2019

Pilot house

Juniors
A coach telling his team he is out at the end of his contract, and a team giving their coach a heads up they wont be required at the end of their contract are two entirely different things.

Not if you are a panther fan trying to excuse the delinquency and moral ineptitude of your club management.

I am yet to hear of a single argument from any of them that cuts the mustard.

You get one go at life in the world and they don’t seem to want to stand up for anything.

“Aggro panthers” are they kidding?!

They remind me of all those rich celebrities with ten houses that moan on about housing refugees but don’t actually take in any themselves.

Das Hassler

Bench
I see your point. To me that was protecting himself from mis quoting. I can see why you would want him denying it at every opportunity but sometimes silence speaks volumes.

Misquoting happens with one on one interviews. ...someone giving a recorded interview for all to see and hear cannot be misquoted.
When did i or anyone else here mention wanting him to deny anything at every opportunity?....now there's some textbook misquoting. ..no..just once to address a few basic questions for the benefit ( not to mention respect ) of the players. .members and supporters...silence certainly does speak volumes and it's not saying..."Ivan....your standing in the game has grown"

Pilot house

Juniors
Misquoting happens with one on one interviews. ...someone giving a recorded interview for all to see and hear cannot be misquoted.
When did i or anyone else here mention wanting him to deny anything at every opportunity?....now there's some textbook misquoting. ..no..just once to address a few basic questions for the benefit ( not to mention respect ) of the players. .members and supporters...silence certainly does speak volumes and it's not saying..."Ivan....your standing in the game has grown"

So true. It seems the panther fans have gone back to their dens with their grubby tails between their legs.

You are right about the misquote.

The misquote that could have arisen in this case would be a story in the media not reporting his words correctly such as

In a prepared statement today, Ivan Cleary said that he did not approach the panthers, nor did they approach him through a third party.

Mr Cleary said that was not especially interested in coaching his son, but that all footballers under his charge were like sons to him

He said:

“ I will never forget the opportunity the tigers gave me when I was shafted by gus for a few things that I am not going to tell you about”

And

“ As a result, I think I owe the tigers a debt and hope to extend my contract with them to 5 years at least and encourage my son Nathan not to re-sign with Panthers but come and play here with the Tigers”

And

“ the sacrifices made for me by staff, players, sponsers, members and fans means a lot to me and shall I not be putting my personal interests before those of many thousands of people who are depending upon me and have been feeding and housing me etc since I arrived. “

Mr Cleary then opened up the floor for questions and proceeded to answer everything asked of him as to any issue regarding his future tenure at the club.

All of the above would have been a misquote and very misleading to tiger folk all over the world. Shocking!

Blues Riff

Bench
It seems the panther fans have gone back to their dens with their grubby tails between their legs.
Nah not me. I come here daily for the laughs. Your posts in particular are gold.

To put the situation in context- An employee of the Wests Tigers has had informal talks with a friend about his next contract. An employee folks. Not a cult leader. Not the Messiah. A coach.
The "on the bus " thing was a throw away line when he was dealing with the BIG3 pissing him about. You've taken these words and created a religion. There's your problem right there.

Port Panther

Juniors
Nah not me. I come here daily for the laughs. Your posts in particular are gold.

To put the situation in context- An employee of the Wests Tigers has had informal talks with a friend about his next contract. An employee folks. Not a cult leader. Not the Messiah. A coach.
The "on the bus " thing was a throw away line when he was dealing with the BIG3 pissing him about. You've taken these words and created a religion. There's your problem right there.

More like a return to the days of Pontius Pilot .....crucifixion anyone ? ring a bell ?.........anyone?

Last edited:

Das Hassler

Bench
"To put the situation in context- An employee of the Wests Tigers has had informal talks with a friend about his next contract"

You seem to he confused wirh your old friends just chatting BS . ...the original script below....panthers approached Ivan with a 4 year deal ENDING 2022 and yes that's been changed since the shit hit Guss and Ivan in the face from all corners of the NRL but originally it WAS about Ivan walking out on his contract with the tigers after 1 year ...Guss just waiting on the tigers response ...read it slowly....twice if necessary

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/p...e/news-story/3d4bfa7716f3350b292c1e4cd7b80cf3

Das Hassler

Bench
Also....remember Guss mentioning that little thing about needing to sack Griffin IMMEDIATELY because Ivan was about to go and talk to the Tigers management??...Guss"s words...easy to find...you wouldnt need to sack Griffin immediately on account of Ivan if an understanding wasn't in place for him to come over straight away ..within days was even discussed.
Terribly uncouth behaviour

Pilot house

Juniors
I imagine that Ivan’s sacking from Panthers (aka snakes) wasn’t taken too well by the lad as Ivan would have discussed it with him at home.

Following the dumb policy of ‘the future single immortal player will deliver you a million comps”, Gus signs the lad probably with iron-clad promises that he will reinstall his dad and they will all be one big happy family again.

Having got his lad, I suspect Gus doesn’t care that much about Ivan. He’s certainly thrown him under the bus given that he’s not on it anymore.

Ic is probably the most despised and distrusted person in the game at the moment and the snakes are a club of hate, betrayal and selfishness.

That a few of their sick minded fans skulk about this thread deriving some pathetic pleasure from our unhappiness and sadness is in keeping with the type of club they support.

They are the “shame of the league.”

Mr riff, Alice, majick, etc, they need to open their eyes.

No mercy, we need to cleanse the game of them.

Last edited:

Blues Riff

Bench
I imagine that Ivan’s sacking from Panthers (aka snakes) wasn’t taken too well by the lad as Ivan would have discussed it with him at home.

Following the dumb policy of ‘the future single immortal player will deliver you a million comps”, Gus signs the lad probably with iron-clad promises that he will reinstall his dad and they will all be one big happy family again.

Having got his lad, I suspect Gus doesn’t care that much about Ivan. He’s certainly thrown him under the bus given that he’s not on it anymore.

Ic is probably the most despised and distrusted person in the game at the moment and the snakes are a club of hate, betrayal and selfishness.

That a few of their sick minded fans skulk about this thread deriving some pathetic pleasure from our unhappiness and sadness is in keeping with the type of club they support.

Haha, Dry up you f**king drama queen.

I repeat, the man's just a coach, not a religious leader. Let him finish his contract .

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

You're right Riff. Comedy Gold. It's like Blue Hills a new episode each and every day.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

Mr riff, Alice, majick, etc, they need to open their eyes.

No mercy, we need to cleanse the game of them.

Pilot house

Juniors
Agent pilot reporting in, all clear at panthers lu, no one responding. I am going to try to bring some enlightenment to them on another more popular thread over there.

My theory is that they are so enamoured with exporting their vile and morally bankrupt excuses to us, they don’t expect a real and present danger at home.

I agree Ivan is a so so coach in practice, but it’s the underlying treachery that bothers me.

Tiger Ted

Bench
All this drama over an average coach. I like Cleary as a coach but he didn't get us to the finals the last two years.
Fk both Cleary & the satanic Gould !

We will b the winners in this soap opera when we sign a decent coach as a consequence of penriths desperation to tie up long term son of the fraud !

Pilot house

Juniors
Deeper into enemy territory:

56D9B7A2-46AD-4ACE-B24D-1A0C1307CC1E.png

Plus they just stole a promising young Rabbitoh from us.

These panther fans and their well wishers amongst your fans, they remind me of the orcs in LOTR marching out of Mordor, ready to defile and destroy Middle Earth.

Tigers don’t forget and never forgive.

I’m sorry but this issue is not going away until all claims are paid in full.

If I get booted off of this thread, the idea will still remain alive.

We didn’t ask for a forum war, but the snakes seem intent on starting one.

We will finish what they started. Any snake fan who comes over here and apologises, should be granted asylum.

Last edited:

Pilot house

Juniors
f**k give it a rest pilot. Jesus wept.

When the wrong is righted, my work here will be done and I will lay down my keyboard.

In the interim, with respect, I think you should get on the bus with us.

That a tigers fan of 10,000 post standing is suckered in by the snakes propaganda is of the gravest concern.

Last edited:

Latest posts