What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trades & Signings Thread

Fin077

Juniors
* There's talk of Randy Moss heading to Jacksonville to team up with Mike Tice again.....lets see if anything comes of this rumour...

* About 6 teams are talking to Detroit about CB Dre' Bly.....One is Denver, but I hope Miami are in the mix there ;-)

* Minnesota are keen on ATL QB Matt Shaub ( I rate this guy too...what do u think?) and are talking about trading a 2nd rounder and Brad Johnson to get him.

.......and finally.....one for TIM.....'Skins are looking to bring FA CB Nate Clements to Washington.

MAL....When you say "Thomas" do you mean Adalius Thomas?....and where'd you get that info from?

Mal Meninga

Bench
POSTED 7:10 p.m. EST, February 26, 2007

ADALIUS HAS A DEALIO?

An industry source tells us that Ravens linebacker Adalius Thomas already has a deal in place with the San Francisco 49ers.

Thomas and Niners coach Mike Nolan were together in Baltimore, when Nolan was on Brian Billick's staff.

On Sunday, Thomas admitted that the Ravens "don't have the money" to re-sign him.

Len Pasquerelli also confermed that rumor. Adalius will be niner by Friday morning - US time.

Big Tim

First Grade
Fin077 said:
.......and finally.....one for TIM.....'Skins are looking to bring FA CB Nate Clements to Washington.

Well I can only hope. Our Secondary was slaughtered last year, he may be on the older side, but we like to use rotation. When we found out that Archuleta and Taylor couldnt be on the field at the same time, then lost both top corners for long periods of time.... people blame this for our season, I blame the loss of Pierson Prioulea on the first kickoff of the season.

The 49ers could have a massive off-season.... depending if they wanna build a football team, or just try and make money of stupid people in San Francisco.

Fin077

Juniors
Here's a BIG one for ya'll....;-) :D

The Packers and Raiders are back to talking again re. Randy Moss......

This time the Raiders say they want a 1st rounder for Moss...instead the Packers have offered.......wait for it...........Aaron Rodgers! :shock:

Big move by the "Pack" if it's true.....Although, maybe he's shown signs of not being what they thought he could be.

Not that he's had much of a chance to show anything.

ocko

juniors
moss to the pats is another one doing the rounds

damon huard re-signed with kc, so trent green might be gorne

ocko

juniors
on the local boy

Cowboys re-sign Pro Bowl punter McBriar
NFL.com wire reports

IRVING, Texas (Feb. 28, 2007) -- The Dallas Cowboys re-signed Pro Bowl punter Mat McBriar to a five-year contract.

McBriar led the NFL with a 48.2-yard average, the best in the NFL since 1963. He was also the first Cowboys punter to make the Pro Bowl since Ron Widby in 1971.

good stuff!

Fin077

Juniors
ocko said:
damon huard re-signed with kc, so trent green might be gorne

Apparently Miami are interested in Trent Green if he's on the block. Joey Harrington could be packing' his bags Friday.

Fin077

Juniors
kurt faulk said:

if the raiders trade moss does that mean they will take calvin johnson with the first pick?

Depends on what the deal is....If they trade Moss to GB and get Aaron Rodgers in return I'd say they would take CJ.

If not, then they'll take either JaMarcus Russell or Brady Quinn with the first overall selection in April.

trade reported today
denver get dre' bly plus fifth round pick in this years draft
lions get tatum bell and offensive tackle george foster

Fin077

Juniors
Fin077 said:
* About 6 teams are talking to Detroit about CB Dre' Bly.....One is Denver, but I hope Miami are in the mix there ;-)

Deal's done....(well, not offically until the 2nd March...but hey...)

Detroit Send :

CB Dre' Bly

Denver Send:

RB Tatum Bell
OL George Foster
5th Round Pick.

Seems a bit uneven to me.

Fin077 said:
Deal's done....(well, not offically until the 2nd March...but hey...)

Detroit Send :

CB Dre' Bly

Denver Send:

RB Tatum Bell
OL George Foster
5th Round Pick.

Seems a bit uneven to me.

differening reports say the 5th pick is the other way round!

legend

Coach
Gives my Broncos the best secondary in the NFL. Bly on one side and Bailey on the other.

A trade for Plummer to Houston to get someone of value, a good draft and a couple of decent FA signings will have the Broncos right back in the hunt next season.

Shanahan is one shrewd operator.

Big Tim

First Grade
douglasallen91 said:
fred smoot to the redskins

jeff garcia to buccs
jake plummer to the buccs for a conditional 2008 draft pick

Smoot making the round trip from DC to Minnesota then back to DC.... We need a corner though, but he cant have the #21 back, thats Sean Taylor's!!!

So what of Simms in Tampa??? If you have so many QB's it sometimes makes the fans edgy.... as soon as you lose 2 games the fans pressure for a QB change, which more often than not, upsets the balance of the team.

WestsRobbo

Juniors
Mal Meninga said:
On the other hand...

Nate Clements and Michael Lewis to the 49ers.

Add Aubrayo Franklin from the Baltimore Ravens...6-1, 320 pounds to anchor our d line.
Re signed Bryan Gilmore WR and added Ashley Lelie WR.

Finally coming together.... I wouldn't mind a pass rushing OLB like Joey Porter and I would then classify as an amazing FA period.

Then add some depth with our 10 draft picks ( 8 of which are in the 1st 4 rounds) and we are sitting pretty to make a big play at the playoffs!

GO Niners!

Fin077

Juniors
Crap!..Adalius Thomas to NE.....Now we have to play him twice a year!...lol

I wish he went to SF like Mal reported...lol

Also, NE are looking to sign restricted FA Wes Welker from Miami.

If he signs their offer Miami have a period to better the offer, and if not, get NE's 2nd rounder.......Bye bye Wes and thanks for everything.

Latest posts