What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trades & Signings Thread

Stonecutter

First Grade
kurt faulk said:
they must think very highly of him.

he's been disappointing since he became the #1 wr for the titans.

maybe that's been the problem, he's not a #1 wr.

with holt and bruce to keep dbs busy bennett may be able to make the plays he did in his breakout year 3 seasons ago.

Good replacement for Kevin Curtis, even though I rated him quite highly.

The patriots are making alot of moves. They're interested in Moss now.

Big Tim

First Grade
Cupid Stunt said:
Am I the only one that thinks thats a little high for him? I know what he CAN do but it's what he DOES do that makes me think thats a bit inflated.

I wonder how much he gets paid per fumble??

The Texans play in a dome though, so he wont be having to deal with the cold snow and rain....

joey porter to the dolphins - confirmed
donte stallworth likely to go to the patriots
patrick kearney to the seahawks - confirmed
kevin carter to the buccs (which may mean rice may be get traded before the draft)

kurt faulk

Coach
legend said:
Travis Henry to the Broncos.

They are emerging as a playoff calibre team and if they pick up Kerney and Graham and have a good draft, look out NFL.

with bailey and bly at corner they should have both sides of the field under control.

still the broncos were not that good last season on defense.

maybe the hiring of jim bates will make them play better.

i'll believe it when i see it.

Stonecutter

First Grade
The Ravens contacted the agents for Corey Dillon and Chris Brown yesterday, although they are continuing to negotiate with Jamal Lewis. It is still believed that the Ravens' preference is to re-sign Lewis, but they don't want to be left without an experienced running back in what has become a dwindling free-agent market. "We continue to have conversations with Mitch [Frankel], Lewis' agent," Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome said. "But we're also talking with other running backs." If the Ravens are unable to bring back Lewis, Dillon and Brown would both be happy to replace him. ... Another possibility is trading for the Buffalo Bills' Willis McGahee, but his price could be too steep for the salary-cap limited Ravens.

http://www.benmaller.com/nfl_rumors_notes

Big Tim

First Grade
Just a thought:

Can a mod sticky this thread and rename it??

Possibly the "Trades + signings thread"

kurt faulk

Coach

how good are the broncos at this draft business.

apparently dre bly wanted to go to the redskins because he cares more about money than winning.

now the broncos and the redskins are talking about a trade for bly which includes the teams swapping their 1st round picks.

so essentially the broncos may move up 15 spots in the draft to #6 by giving up two players they didn't want and a 5th round pick.

amazing.

Stonecutter

First Grade
A great pickup for the Browns. Rueban is sh*t.

Lewis stops waiting on Ravens, signs with BrownsBy John Clayton
ESPN.com

For two years, the Baltimore Ravens have wondered about Jamal Lewis' breakaway speed. They no longer have to wonder.

Lewis

Lewis, the franchise's all-time leading rusher, broke away from the Ravens and signed a one-year, $3.5 million deal with the rival Cleveland Browns on Wednesday. If he plays well, Lewis' salary could be boosted to $5 million.

"We are pleased to add Jamal Lewis to our team," Browns general manager Phil Savage said in a statement. "He is a proven NFL back who brings a toughness and demeanor to the game that his teammates and our fans will appreciate."

The Ravens released Lewis to clear salary cap room. Both sides kept in touch with the hopes of reuniting. But Lewis sensed his job might not be there. The Ravens have been interested in acquiring Bills halfback Willis McGahee in a trade.

Lewis, 27, decided not to wait and took Cleveland's offer. The Ravens offered Lewis a deal in the $2 million range. He rushed for 2,066 yards in 2003 but has struggled during the past three years. Last year, he played the entire season with a bone spur problem. He recently had surgery to remove the spurs.

The 5-foot-11, 245-pound back is one of the league's most powerful runners. He was the Ravens' first-round draft choice in 2000.

Lewis, 27, spent the 2005 offseason serving time in prison after a guilty plea to using a cell phone to set up a drug buy.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2791313

Falcons sign Joe Horn

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2791102

Denver sing Patick Ramsey QB

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2791258

Big Tim

First Grade
If the Skins give up the 1st round pick they are crazy. They say the DB's got killed last year, but add a pass rush and the DB's will be able to play much better.

Hold onto that pick and get a Passs Rusher for gods sake!!!

mcgahee to go to the ravens (depending on a medical)

for a 3rd and 7th round pick in this years draft and a 3rd round pick in next years draft

Latest posts