What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trades & Signings Thread

Mal Meninga

Bench
Patriots are having a strange off-season. Making very un-Patriot like moves..

Right now i'd be willing to trade some of those first day picks along with the #11 in order to secure Alan Branch.

Big Tim said:
Smoot making the round trip from DC to Minnesota then back to DC.... We need a corner though, but he cant have the #21 back, thats Sean Taylor's!!!

So what of Simms in Tampa??? If you have so many QB's it sometimes makes the fans edgy.... as soon as you lose 2 games the fans pressure for a QB change, which more often than not, upsets the balance of the team.

plummer says he would retire than go to tampa so i would guess plummer will get traded likely to oakland

Big Tim

First Grade
Always like London Fletcher. We need some depth at LB especially in the middle. Lemar Marshall is good, but he is a safety turned LB.... its normally the other way around.

Fin077

Juniors
douglasallen91 said:
plummer says he would retire than go to tampa so i would guess plummer will get traded likely to oakland

Jake retired Sunday night (US).

Big Tim

First Grade
http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10033511

Running back Ahman Green reached agreement on a contract with the Houston Texans. The deal is for $23 million for four years, including $6.5 million guaranteed.

Browns have signed OT Eric Steinbach to seven-year contract worth $49.5 million with $17 million guaranteed.

Bills have agreed to terms with guard Derrick Dockery on seven-year deal worth $49 million with $18.5 million guaranteed.

(Note: Last year, Steve Hutchinson deal was worth $49 million for seven years with $16.5 guaranteed. Dockery (guard) matches that, and Steinbach (tackle) just beats it. Both Steinbach and Dockery got more guaranteed money than Hutchinson.)

Skeletor

Juniors
Leonard Davis to the Cowboys, 7 years, $49.75 million, with $18.75 million in guaranteed money.

kurt faulk

Coach
SHARK-SPURS said:
Drew Bennett WR to the Rams. 6 yrs $30 mill.

they must think very highly of him.

he's been disappointing since he became the #1 wr for the titans.

maybe that's been the problem, he's not a #1 wr.

with holt and bruce to keep dbs busy bennett may be able to make the plays he did in his breakout year 3 seasons ago.

kurt faulk

Coach
Skeletor said:
Leonard Davis to the Cowboys, 7 years, $49.75 million, with $18.75 million in guaranteed money.

this guy has been average from the get go.

how hard up are the cowboys to give him so much money?

they're not going to use him as an OT are they?

they've just thrown away a minimum 18.75m if they do.

legend

Coach
Travis Henry to the Broncos.

They are emerging as a playoff calibre team and if they pick up Kerney and Graham and have a good draft, look out NFL.

kurt faulk said:
this guy has been average from the get go.

how hard up are the cowboys to give him so much money?

they're not going to use him as an OT are they?

they've just thrown away a minimum 18.75m if they do.

thye said they haven't made up their mind if they will play him as a guard or tackle

Fin077

Juniors
Fin077 said:
Also, NE are looking to sign restricted FA Wes Welker from Miami.

If he signs their offer Miami have a period to better the offer, and if not, get NE's 2nd rounder.......Bye bye Wes and thanks for everything.

Deals done and Wes is a Patriot.

Miami receive NE's 2nd and 7th round selections in this years draft.

TE Randy McMichael is on the block. A 3rd round selection is the asking price. Too cheap in my book. I think a 3rd plus a player would fit nicely. Anyway....we'll see if there are any takers...

legend

Coach
The Patriots will be favourites once the betting opens. With Thomas and Welker, they addressed their needs so they look to be coming back in a very big way.

Cupid Stunt

Big Tim said:
Running back Ahman Green reached agreement on a contract with the Houston Texans. The deal is for $23 million for four years, including $6.5 million guaranteed.

Am I the only one that thinks thats a little high for him? I know what he CAN do but it's what he DOES do that makes me think thats a bit inflated.

ocko

juniors
yeah you have a bit of a point cupid, i've soured a bit on green in recent years, he's not as good as he was. However, being with the Texans and in their system will probably rejuvenate him a bit.

Godz Illa said:
Chicago RB Thomas Jones to NY Jets for a second round pick.

yahoo report that jets get chicagos 2nd round pick as well

ie
bears give jones and 63 pick
jets give 37th pick (got from washington)

Fin077

Juniors
Randy McMichael....Cut.

Joey Harrington....Cut.

They're cleanin' out down in Miami! Here come the future stars of the franchise ;-)

(I still think they should have got at least something for McMichael - even a 4th or 5th rounder.)